Kris Keating - 2013 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
General discussion on match form, selection, injuries, contracts, and anything else here.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Take his picture off. His face and hair makes my eyes sad.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Just as in 2012, he is a dud in 2013

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoping there won't be a keating 2014 thread

Stringer

CAR RAMROD
Reaction score
Ha Ha, Wow nothing but love in this thread.

Klem Bupa-Berg

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Your our halfback for at least half the season whether we like it or not. If there is one game you want Keating to set his hair on fire is VS Manly and Roosters. Execution needs him to Step-up and also increase percentage play.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Please don't make this a bashing thread, atleast Keating has done his best and puts in as much as he can. He also has actually donned the Great Blue and White jersey while most of you guys who bash on him have come no way near to donning it or playing for our beloved club. The dude is trying his best thats all we can expect from a player on our team!

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Please don't make this a bashing thread, atleast Keating has done his best and puts in as much as he can. He also has actually donned the Great Blue and White jersey while most of you guys who bash on him have come no way near to donning it or playing for our beloved club. The dude is trying his best thats all we can expect from a player on our team!
I agree. He always plays to the best of his ability.

The Detailer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree. He always plays to the best of his ability.
Thats the problem he has no ability, i seriuosly wanna neck myself everytime this guys runs out with the No#7 on back, please des please get rid of this muppet!!!

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I thought he had one of his better games. But that is not saying much. He is not creative. Any other half in the comp would have gotten us repeat sets of assisted in tries in the second half. All we did was hit it up 20 out or runs from dummy half.

His passing game is weak, he did have a few decent kicks today (booted one that went 60+ meters and found open space). It was one of his better games but still failed very badly against his opposite number.

I would have him just infront of Ben Roberts as one of the worst players in the comp. He is not cut out as a halfback. Hooker or 5/8 maybe. But doesnt have the vision to lead the team around and organise the attack.

At one stage we had an overlap on the left but instead of passing decided to run. Got close but with a pass might have been over.

B4L

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Firstly, I am not a fan of Keating being a 7, I believe he can be a good 6 when partnered with a good 7.

But i think he played well today considering there was no go forward not allowing him to play his game, As soon as we get Kas and Jamma back he will be alot better.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
He can't throw a fcking pass. Throws behind the player, above the player, anywhere but the chest. He's a momentum killer. Now being more exposed due to our passing forwards not being there.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
STILL on the Keating family and Kris must be wondering what he's done wrong to not be rushed straight back into first grade with the Bulldogs this weekend.

Keating missed Canterbury's 38-0 drubbing to the Roosters with a shin injury, and we're reliably told he recovered and trained at halfback early this week. But on Tuesday he was told to wait another round, with Trent Hodkinson to remain at No.7.

Like his struggling teammates, Keating has not set the world on fire this season. Yet surely his effort to guide Canterbury to last year's grand final deserves more recognition. The Bulldogs maintain he's still injured, but sources close to Keating say otherwise.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...rd-act-to-follow/story-e6frext9-1226629546142

Looks like we've seen the last of keating in the No:7 unless Hodko gets injured. I know Hodko has the potential to be a better half than KK but im worried we risk losing more games trying to experiment with Hodko and waiting for him to click. KK already knows the drill and he played a part in last years winning run, His game and many others have been affected due to the absence of Graham and Kasiano and when those two return I reckon we can recapture last years form. Why change a winning plan?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.