Kotoni Staggs issued NRL breach notice

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The guy from Wellington would be a complete tool, it’s a total shithole and the only thing it has is the prison.
It’s just a very tiny town but ranks in the top 10% for murders in the country! Only the other week one guy was stabbed to death and then an unlicensed crackhead killed 2 kids after running over a family while high as a kite, shops in the town are broken into that often many have had to close because no one will insure them

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guy from Wellington would be a complete tool, it’s a total shithole and the only thing it has is the prison.
It’s just a very tiny town but ranks in the top 10% for murders in the country! Only the other week one guy was stabbed to death and then an unlicensed crackhead killed 2 kids after running over a family while high as a kite, shops in the town are broken into that often many have had to close because no one will insure them
You know Wellington is a bit of shit town when you are out on a road trip and looking for somewhere to stop for lunch, and you end up choosing Dubbo.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What is it with these Broncos players? If our players did one tenth of the shit they do, we'd be kicked out of the comp.

It was pathetic of Staggs to set his goons on the guy to do his dirty work. Fuck some of these players think they're invincible.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Don't be a Dubbo!

Always worth throwing a racism accusation in your pleadings as a bit of a hail-mary. It's the go-to move of fuckwits worldwide these days.
Lucky poor Brogan didn't have the surname of Grogan or Josh. With a name like Brogan you could be fairly certain he'd have the full sleeve tatts and quite possibly a face one. Footballers love hanging around deadshits.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
NRL 2021: Brisbane Broncos star Kotoni Staggs fined $10,000 for alleged homophobic slur | Sporting News Australia

Kotoni StaggsNRL Imagery/Scott Davis

Brisbane Broncos centre Kotoni Staggs has been fined $10,000 by the NRL for his role in an alleged incident at a Dubbo pub in November.

Staggs allegedly called a member of the public a homophobic slur after the fan asked to take a photo with the off-contract Bronco at the Commercial Hotel.

The 22-year-old was not charged over the incident, however two of his friends subsequently pled guilty to assault charges.

Staggs was last month issued a preliminary breach notice that required him to complete an education program, meet with NRL boss Andrew Abdo and pay an undisclosed fine.
As first reported by News Corp on Tuesday night, Staggs will have to fork out $10,000 before he is allowed to return to the field.

“What I did is in the past now and I’ve got nothing against the bloke it happened to,” Staggs told reporters this week.

He is the second Bronco to be fined by the NRL this off-season after Payne Haas was whacked with a three-game ban and $50,000 penalty for an incident involving police.

Meanwhile, Staggs declared it is his preference to re-sign with the Broncos as multiple clubs circle the future Origin star.

“I’m here, I’m going nowhere, I’ve still got the season to go,” Staggs said.

“… I love the club. Growing up as a young kid this was where I wanted to be … I don’t want to be anywhere else bar here and it’d be good if I could stay here.

“I just want to play good footy when I come back from injury and we’ll see what happens from there.”

The Broncos will be without the boom centre for the first half of the 2021 NRL campaign after he suffered a torn ACL in Round 20 against the Cowboys last September.

“Roughly around Round 13 or 14 so I’m on track and I’m actually in front of where I should be,” Staggs said when pressed on his return date.

“… I’m not rushing that’s the biggest thing that I don’t want to do is rush and do it again.

“… I’ll probably take the full nine months and come back where I left.”

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
NRL 2021: Brisbane Broncos star Kotoni Staggs fined $10,000 for alleged homophobic slur | Sporting News Australia

View attachment 21407NRL Imagery/Scott Davis

Brisbane Broncos centre Kotoni Staggs has been fined $10,000 by the NRL for his role in an alleged incident at a Dubbo pub in November.

Staggs allegedly called a member of the public a homophobic slur after the fan asked to take a photo with the off-contract Bronco at the Commercial Hotel.

The 22-year-old was not charged over the incident, however two of his friends subsequently pled guilty to assault charges.

Staggs was last month issued a preliminary breach notice that required him to complete an education program, meet with NRL boss Andrew Abdo and pay an undisclosed fine.
As first reported by News Corp on Tuesday night, Staggs will have to fork out $10,000 before he is allowed to return to the field.

“What I did is in the past now and I’ve got nothing against the bloke it happened to,” Staggs told reporters this week.

He is the second Bronco to be fined by the NRL this off-season after Payne Haas was whacked with a three-game ban and $50,000 penalty for an incident involving police.

Meanwhile, Staggs declared it is his preference to re-sign with the Broncos as multiple clubs circle the future Origin star.

“I’m here, I’m going nowhere, I’ve still got the season to go,” Staggs said.

“… I love the club. Growing up as a young kid this was where I wanted to be … I don’t want to be anywhere else bar here and it’d be good if I could stay here.

“I just want to play good footy when I come back from injury and we’ll see what happens from there.”

The Broncos will be without the boom centre for the first half of the 2021 NRL campaign after he suffered a torn ACL in Round 20 against the Cowboys last September.

“Roughly around Round 13 or 14 so I’m on track and I’m actually in front of where I should be,” Staggs said when pressed on his return date.

“… I’m not rushing that’s the biggest thing that I don’t want to do is rush and do it again.

“… I’ll probably take the full nine months and come back where I left.”
The Broncos petty-cash tin would be looking a bit grim after Haas' 50k and the Toe dude's 10k gets taken out. The NRL expects us to believe the money comes out of the players own pocket? Andrew Gee might pay it out of the 200k 'personal loan' he supposedly got from Broncos a few years back.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wasn't there so can't say for certain, but this smells like BS to me in terms of Staggs' provocation and justification. I highly doubt there was any racist abuse, and if that story is accurate then Staggs may as well have thrown the punches himself, such was the outcome of making up those accusations with his thug mates alongside him.

If I were the person I also would have told him to Foff.

My signing preference vote now changes from Staggs to Crichton as Staggs is obviously a first class moron.

Last edited:

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont want a prick like that at the club. Can call someone a faggot, but then if someone calls you a black c, they blow up...
I don't believe Staggs was called that anyway. There seems to be an emerging pattern of supposed racial abuse being used to try and justify off field incidents.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a picture of Dubbo in the Oxford dictionary next the explanations of "Festering", "Shit" and "Hole".