Opinion Kobe Hetherington sent off!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just when you think the NRLol has found some sanity in regards to the high contact rulings, they go and send Hetherington off for high contact when CHN trips and falls into his shoulder. FMD. The NRLol and referees doing their best to run the game into the ground.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looked like CHN tried to jump over the first defender, and that's why when he got ankle tapped he went flying head first into Hetherington who had no time at all to react. I remember being taught never jump into tackles. The accountability is being put 100% on the defender and that's not the way it should be. A player could theoretically dive head first at the defence line to get a penalty and win a grand final. As unlikely as that seems, the interpretation of the rule allows it to be a possibility.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It looked like CHN tried to jump over the first defender, and that's why when he got ankle tapped he went flying head first into Hetherington who had no time at all to react. I remember being taught never jump into tackles. The accountability is being put 100% on the defender and that's not the way it should be. A player could theoretically dive head first at the defence line to get a penalty and win a grand final. As unlikely as that seems, the interpretation of the rule allows it to be a possibility.
Absolutely correct. Its just rediculous. Rugby league is a contact sport, and accidents will happen like this. If it was a swinging arm that hit with force and knocked a player out, no problems with a send off. But this was pure accident, and CHN fault if anyone's.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how Graham Annesley spins this on Tuesday morning when he does his wrap of the weekend. If he has ANY integrity, he has to say the decision was wrong & the official(s) who made the decision are being stood down for a couple of weeks. An apology should also be made to Kobe, the Broncos & all fans for such a diabolical decision.

I cannot even see how this could even be penalised. What could Kobe do? He didn't even have time to get out of the way!

Malla

Reaction score
This is a great example of refs (a Sutton brother surprise surprise) not having the ability or balls to apply his judgement

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how Graham Annesley spins this on Tuesday morning when he does his wrap of the weekend. If he has ANY integrity, he has to say the decision was wrong & the official(s) who made the decision are being stood down for a couple of weeks. An apology should also be made to Kobe, the Broncos & all fans for such a diabolical decision.

I cannot even see how this could even be penalised. What could Kobe do? He didn't even have time to get out of the way!
Wonder if Kobe has to face the judiciary, seeing as it was a send off. Somehow they say the ankle tap was dangerous.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
the only thing consistent with this new crackdown is the inconsistency of rulings

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only getting a fine so at least they r still correcting it but fuck me that was poor
I wonder if this one didnt happen last night if 'b Smith' gets binned/sent for the falling high tackle today