KO Debut

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The best thing he can work on is a slick kicking game, possibly too young.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think people need to lower their expectations on Karl. It’s tough playing week to week first grade footy, let along for an 18 year old who’s playing on a pretty average team. His effort last week wasn’t there, not to the standard it should be in first grade but I hope he learns from that. He will have his coming out game this season at some point, he’s been grinding it out for the most part. Just be patient with him.
I agree but you won’t get any patients on TK miss a tackle as a 19 yo rookie half with less than 10 first grade games under his belt and you are going to get torched. SMH.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
To be fair you’ve never given anyone bar avo the benefit of the doubt.
I literally said the exact same thing about Averillo not being ready and that he shouldn't have been promoted so early in his career. I rate Karl but he's miles out of his depth, the poor kid doesn't have a clue out there and it's doing absolutely no one any good having him out there.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You don’t remember the Moses Mbye days?
Mbye was an awesome junior, would've been miles better if we gave Reynolds the flick and played him at 5/8 instead of Des trying to manufacture a halfback. Relevant now actually, hmmmm..

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mbye was an awesome junior, would've been miles better if we gave Reynolds the flick and played him at 5/8 instead of Des trying to manufacture a halfback. Relevant now actually, hmmmm..
And hooker, and fullback and centre…

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I literally said the exact same thing about Averillo not being ready and that he shouldn't have been promoted so early in his career. I rate Karl but he's miles out of his depth, the poor kid doesn't have a clue out there and it's doing absolutely no one any good having him out there.
Lol he’s less than 10 games in FFS how can you or anyone else make a judgement on his ability with that sample size??

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol he’s less than 10 games in FFS how can you or anyone else make a judgement on his ability with that sample size??
Because I have eyes. What's he even do on the field? What's the plan? Last week we had bloody Rajab come on and replace him at 5/8 with him moving to the middle and then off and then to hooker. He's being played out of desperation and not because he's ready.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Because I have eyes. What's he even do on the field? What's the plan? Last week we had bloody Rajab come on and replace him at 5/8 with him moving to the middle and then off and then to hooker. He's being played out of desperation and not because he's ready.
Lol all that happened because Mahoney got fucking Knocked out and we had to scramble to fill a key position what the fuck does that have to do with how KO is playing?

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
80 minutes weekly in reserves would be much better for his development issue is who do we fall back on? It’s a must next year we get a halfback and give him a bench spot for now I don’t see Ciraldo dropping him why does flannagan have to be so ass.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually have to agree with this .. Perrett told me Mbye was the most talented 5/8 coming through the juniors he’d seen .. if he’d been put at 5/8 and continued to be coached there he’d of been 5 x the player he ended up ..

Same with Averillo .. if he’d been put at 5/8 and continued to be coached there he’d be carving up now as well … again some idiot tried to turn him into a halfback ..

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He got plenty of opportunities I remember the triangle merry go round him, Grub and Hokko

Then Grub was benched

Then we let Hokko go and ran with Grub and Mbye then Des realised neither could control a game so banned them from kicking on the last near opposition line fearing it would go dead…instead we handed the ball over to the opposition

That said, the last time we made the post season was with a Mbye/Reynolds combination 2016

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He got plenty of opportunities I remember the triangle merry go round him, Grub and Hokko

Then Grub was benched

Then we let Hokko go and ran with Grub and Mbye then Des realised neither could control a game so banned them from kicking on the last near opposition line fearing it would go dead…instead we handed the ball over to the opposition

That said, the last time we made the post season was with a Mbye/Reynolds combination 2016
Take a look at the forward pack we had back then and that will explain why !!

This clubs not going anywhere until we get back to what the Bulldogs are known for .. a big aggressive feared forward pack that continue to roll down field and eat up metres & a talented spine to finish off the rest ..

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Take a look at the forward pack we had back then and that will explain why !!

This clubs not going anywhere until we get back to what the Bulldogs are known for .. a big aggressive feared forward pack that continue to roll down field and eat up metres & a talented spine to finish off the rest ..
percent

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol all that happened because Mahoney got fucking Knocked out and we had to scramble to fill a key position what the fuck does that have to do with how KO is playing?
No it didn't. Edwards went to hooker when Mahoney went off and Karl stayed at 5/8 before being replaced at 5/8 by Rajab. If Karl was going any good he wouldn't have been moved from 5/8, Mahoney had nothing to do with any of it, FACTOS.

Karl has crippled our right edge far more than Flanagan ever did and he's doing NOTHING to help Burton. Watching him take a few extra kicks last week was so damn forced and only hurt the team as he had fuck all distance on them and put them straight down the oppositions throat.

The development and treatment of our halves has been an absolute disaster this season. Karl is not a halfback and the whole experiment at halfback in reserve grade was a complete failure and only resulted in him playing away from his strengths. He then gets promoted because Flanagan is hopeless, our 5/8 then shifts to halfback and Karl to 5/8 where he does absolutely nothing and looks so damn indecisive and scared that he won't even run which is clearly his biggest strength. Meanwhile we've got Rajab who appears to be the only damn half who understands the concept of playing direct and engaging the line playing everywhere BUT halfback.

I'm fucking tired man, how much fucking longer do we have to fucking wait for this club to get its shit sorted? We've spent all this money and supposedly still have money to send this year yet we can't even buy a single halfback? Even a stopgap in Cogger would be better than what we've got ffs.