Knights will bounce back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Despite Newcastles off field drama with 12 players getting fined for a total of $50,000 and a player suspended and sack for 12 months... Newcastle will bounce back.

Remember last year how we were being sledged by the media and calling for us to be kicked out of the competition for 2004 after what happened in Coffs Harbour?

The punters in the TAB put us as 6th Favourite to win the Wooden Spoon because they feel we will not recover from Coffs Harbour and and we will lose crucial matches.

But what happened in Rd 1 last year against Parramatta was that we proved everybody and including the media wrong by smashing Parramatta 48-14 and leading them 36-0 in the first half.

Newcastle will play Melbourne in Rd 1 at Olympic Park and this will be the big test if Newcastle have got over to what happened in Bathurst and if they ended smashing Melbourne Storm than they have forgotten about Bathurst and other off field dramas and will continue their quest for their 3rd premiership.

B

BiG BOSS

No they will not bounce back because Johns will get injured again.

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs traditionally love the "seige" mentality, I think Newcastle is a lot more fragile.

Bulldog Power

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still remember being flogged by the knights towards the begining of last year

left me really really disapointed... things like this can bring a team together just as easily as splitting them apart... I remember when everyone wrote them off and they nailed the dragons without johns... the knights are not as pissweak as say the tigers or the bunnies in years past

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Greek Dog said:
the knights will fold :D

thats the best way to put it!!!
another Reason Bulldogs did bad last year against Knights first time was they trusted Brideson ( big mistake ) and Matt Utai was out of form and exposed under the highball

Greek Dog

Hijack your sh!t
Reaction score
they still don't have a major spopnsor and the one they are negotiating with issued them a show cause for all the stuff that happened

C

~CrY~

Knights are sh**house, they are nothing. Andrew johns a decent player that spendz more time on the sideline than playing a game. No offence Knightz or Knightz lovers :grinning:

C

~CrY~

Itz funny how tha club spends millions on joey when he is off the field. If the club want a decent team they need to invest on new players, nice onez cause some of tha players are sh*t house, no offence

PS
this is my opinon,

B

Bwaif

only time will tell if they bounce back or not. We had alot of help with Pricey and Folksey holding the team together. Plus we had a bunch of determined guys. Newcastle don't have the same kind of leadership that we had, sure people got sacked from our club, but no players did, this will be a blow for newcastle.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
The Knights are not the Bulldogs!!

Greek Dog

Hijack your sh!t
Reaction score
time will tell........

the knights fans don't have as much respect for barge arse as we did for pricey, so it will be interesting to seer whether he will be able to hold the team together

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
An interesting dilemna for the Knights: Last year the Lady Mayor of Newcastle campaigned for a full week in the local papers and on the local radio to ban attendance at the Dog's game because of our "attitude" toward women.

It's hard to see how the whole town can now get behind a side which has done exactly what they found reason to boycott.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
An interesting dilemna for the Knights: Last year the Lady Mayor of Newcastle campaigned for a full week in the local papers and on the local radio to ban attendance at the Dog's game because of our "attitude" toward women.

It's hard to see how the whole town can now get behind a side which has done exactly what they found reason to boycott.

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
Geez it amazes me how everyone is so quick to write the Knights off. Don't be so single mined people as you could all easily have egg on your faces. Things like this make teams so much more determined and passionate and the QLD origin team have shown over the years that passion can beat talent a hell of a lot of the time.

I'm glad we aren't playing them in round 1. Parra copped the brunt of our frustrations over Coffs and I feel Melbourne will cop Newcastle's pretty hard too.

Status
Not open for further replies.