News Knights star 'Dominic Young' tours Bulldogs facilities

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think your over thinking it. Gus knows what he is doing and will have long term goals and strategies in place. I doubt he would put his energy into something like pushing a players price up for another club. This is just a petty waste of time. Its beneath then quite frankly.
The people thinking we're signing Young are over thinking it. A lot of players tour the facilities or meet with Gus and don't sign. I'm sure Gus is genuinely interested in Young. I'm also sure Gus knows we're next to no chance of signing him after getting Crichton and Xerri.

We can't have nearly $2 million tied up in Young, Fox and Crichton when you can find a gem or two like Kiraz for next to nothing.

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is an interesting one.
My favourite thing about Dom Young is his effort. I remember on multiple occasions last year of him sprinting infield from his wing to make tackles on players who had made a linebreak from inside their own half. He almost always got there in time.
Effort like that seems to be at the forefront of Ciro’s mind.
The interesting part is the surplus of outside backs we have. Then again, if you look at Penrith and their depth, their back up options would almost stroll into any other starting side. Seems like Gus wants us to be the same.

LucasFitzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Like i wouldn't hate it but so not needed. Give that money to Leniu and Have Kiraz there. Its not very Bulldog like to dump a promising local junior for a winger

jordansaba

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
idk bro i kinda don’t wanna be the club that just bought their way to a premiership. i like the “breeding players and creating superstars”. yes it’s nice to win obviously but it feels a bit yuck

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gus is just trolling the other clubs. He knows he's surplus but ju

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gus is just trolling the other clubs. He knows he's surplus but just wants to fuck with the minds of the other clubs by having him tour the place.

Last edited:

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kiraz is being very underrated. You can't have a superstar in every position. I'm happy for Kiraz to stay somewhere in the backline long term when he'd cost less than half what it would cost to sign Young. Young is more talented but Kiraz was one of our best players week in week out as a rookie in a bad team.

Like I said, I expect Souths to sign Young as I know they're talking to him and will probably offer him what he's asking for..
Kiraz is a better centre imo.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's little chance we'd be signing him after getting Crichton and Xerri. It's probably more to drive up his price with Souths and Newcastle etc. Souths are seriously interested.
Good call. Potentially has his eyes set on someone else? Wouldn’t mind someone like Frizzel if he’s forced out