Knights Prop injured in car crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bet it had been raining? That is a bad part of the road and we always use caution travelling along there, even in good weather. Twists and turns and plenty of inclines.

See so many idiots along the Pacific Highway ( which we travel frequently to the footy and family visits) and hate travelling when there are lots of trucks using the road. P platers are absolute shockers and wish that the police had a greater presence to catch them speeding.

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Thing is ... the M1 itself a bad road.. it's the drivers on it.

HOWEVER, and there is one caveat (sp) there..... when it gets wet after dry periods... oil from trucks + water on the road = an absolute nightmare. BUT in such circumstances you slow down.

Newcastle are smoked this year so far. Mullens gone, Pauli facing an extended stay on sidelines.

BUT good chance for a young bloke to step up.
Dylan Phythian, Will Pearsall, Jack Cogger, Brock Lamb, Jaelen Feeney = all can fill Mullens spot.

Pearsall, Cogger or Lamb would be my pick as Phythian (whilst promising) is better as a hooker, and Feeney has had his chance.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Probably caused it...to avoid a drug test.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Or was speeding to find the drugs.
You mean those tempting white lines?.................

He actually does the trip frequently to visit family in Bankstown where he was born and grew up.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/4072497/pauli-shows-true-colours/

EVERY chance Pauli Pauli gets, the Knights back-rower jumps in the car and heads down the freeway to his family home in Bankstown.

There to greet him are his mum, dad and eight siblings. The eldest, 27, down to baby brother, Jerry, at 14.

“Family is everything,” said Pauli, who lived at home until joining the Knights this season. “My older sisters still keep me in check.”

Invariably, Pauli ends up at the local church where his dad is a pastor and childhood days were spent with other kids from the parish. He would play the piano or guitar and they would sing.

Celebrating his 22nd birthday Thursday, Pauli is deeply implanted in his faith and remains involved with the church’s youth group.

Although an emerging NRL star, the Knights back-rower, clearly, has not forgotten his roots and the path he has travelled.

“Life wasn’t easy,” Pauli said. “My parents moved from Samoa to New Zealand and then Australia for an opportunity. We respect the little things we get. For me, the football industry, I get to play along side the best players in the NRL. This is my future. I want to play football as long as I can.”

Pauli’s on-field presence – all power and aggression – is in contrast to the respectful, almost gentle, man off it.

An Australian Schoolboy, Pauli made his first-grade debut aged 19 for Parramatta in 2014. Standing 193cm and clocking the scales at 120kg, it wasn’t long before comparisons were made with Eels teammate and wrecking ball Fuifui Moimoi.

Although developing into an 80-minute player at the Knights, his form has peaked and troughed in line with the team.

After a short spell in reserve grade, he has produced arguably his best two outputs, running 161m against the Sharks and carving out 114m against Manly.

“Attack is not a problem for me, it is more my defence that I need to be more consistent in,” Pauli said. “Sometimes I shoot up out of the line. That is the little stuff I need to fix.”

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thing is ... the M1 itself a bad road.. it's the drivers on it.

HOWEVER, and there is one caveat (sp) there..... when it gets wet after dry periods... oil from trucks + water on the road = an absolute nightmare. BUT in such circumstances you slow down.

Newcastle are smoked this year so far. Mullens gone, Pauli facing an extended stay on sidelines.

BUT good chance for a young bloke to step up.
Dylan Phythian, Will Pearsall, Jack Cogger, Brock Lamb, Jaelen Feeney = all can fill Mullens spot.

Pearsall, Cogger or Lamb would be my pick as Phythian (whilst promising) is better as a hooker, and Feeney has had his chance.
Losing Mullen is no real loss, they'll be used to it by now. But losing Pauli will hurt them more...

Status
Not open for further replies.