1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

No Source Knights halfback Jack Cogger in Bulldogs' sights for next year

Discussion in 'Rumours' started by danlemon, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Bulldogs09

Bulldogs09 Immortal

Can you explain more

2. Emdog85

Emdog85 Waterboy

It said he was about to sign a 2 yr deal with us

3. Bulldogs09

Bulldogs09 Immortal

Interesting. Best get released wanna see the kid with Foran this year. Pay must see something

4. Dogna88

Dogna88 Kennel Enthusiast

If he does sign with us. I doubt he would have signed to play reserves... i think he will get first crack at playing with foran in the halves.

Maybe we'll release either frawley or cleeland

5. Emdog85

Emdog85 Waterboy

It is for 2019 apparently. But yes they said Pay is bringing him in to partner Foran

• Like Like x 1
  6. The Eye

The Eye Kennel Enthusiast

great news. Hopefully we can get him here for 2018.
    upppp the doggiessss

• Like Like x 2
  7. Bulldogs09

Bulldogs09 Immortal

Really hope we get him released. Want to see him get to partner Foran and see what he’s got, good promise or flop. While we have money to spend with Morris bros graham and Eastwood off books end of year.

surely knights will! why keep a 20 year old when he’s gone and you got Pearce watson and lamb already without even saying Hodkinson at the moment as manly caught cheating and might not be able to get him

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  8. Wolfmother

Wolfmother Immortal

A 20 year old in first grade??? Don't see it happening

• Interesting Interesting x 1
  9. doggieaaron

doggieaaron Immortal

Nathan brown being a flog

• Like Like x 1
  10. Gabe

Gabe Participant

A good friend of mine who is heavily involved in the junior footy scene on the central coast mentioned Coggar as one to watch many years ago. He is one of the best number 7's of the next generation. He is no Cleary or Taylor who are freaks, but he is significantly better than anyone we have.

I recall her commenting about is maturity for his age and his leadership qualities. I think we can expect a traditional no.7 in Coggar. Which is exactly what we need.

Hopfully we can get him early, event if we offer a transfer fee and Cleland!

• Like Like x 3
  11. speedy2460

speedy2460 Kennel Enthusiast

We wont have to release Josh Cleeland. If he isnt given a go, he will head north.

12. doggieaaron

doggieaaron Immortal

I will say i was all for cleland but thought he was very disappointing in the semis when the games were on the line

• Like Like x 1
  13. Typical dog

Typical dog Forum Regular

I missed alot of the ISP last year. Hearing all the talk about cleeland i was very interested tp watch him play. Watched the semis and was very underwhelmed. Lewis was very average aswell....
    Again, this was just from the semis as i didnt watch much of normal rounds

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dogna88

Dogna88 Kennel Enthusiast

Cogger will be with us 2019. Most likely this year. Great source. I'll PM Mr.I

When he comes, promised to be given first shot at partnering foran in halves

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Otara_Dog

Otara_Dog Kennel Addict

Never really heard of him or seen him play but I'm happy that Pay is getting a roster of players that he wants.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Gotenks

Gotenks Immortal Gilded

Good, no Frawley.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Gotenks

Gotenks Immortal Gilded

Him and Lamb were rated as one of the best halves pairings in NSW from u16s on. Cogger probably would have played as many NRL games as Lamb but he fucked his pelvis (not a good pelvis fuck) and was out for a while. I haven't seen much of him, but he looks and sounds to have all the raw skills to be an NRL halfback. Hopefully Foran still plays halfback while Cogger grows into the role and learns from him.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Bulldogs09

Bulldogs09 Immortal

While I’m happy to see the kid get a go this year I can’t help but feel Foran would be best with someone who has some speed, step etc. still I’ll take a punt on the kid if we can get him for 18 worst case he flops and we have the funds available this coming season to shop with the Morris bros Eastwood graham all off the books.

19. Gotenks

Gotenks Immortal Gilded

Yup, i agree we definitely need someone with a good running game to partner Foran. Foran is great at playing direct and pressuring defenders into mistakes, but he isn't going to burn a defender with pace or footwork and that's something we will need. But really our selection of halves partners for foran isn't that great, especially with Moses moving to fullback. Coggers all round skillset looks to be the best match at this stage even with all his inexperience and Pay seems set on bringing him over.

• Like Like x 2
  20. AlphaPapaBravo

AlphaPapaBravo Kennel Enthusiast

Pearce / Watson / Lamb / Hodkinson / Johns / Phythian. They have enough halves... they dont have to let him go, but this isnt about cap space for either of us... its about the kids development. If Pay can assure him a starting spot and a chance to improve as a player, then who are Knights to deny him ? Yes Newcastle struggled but its shit like this that makes me hate teams, looking like they will come out of a big slump and all of a sudden they think they are tough as and can play hard ball.