1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

No Source Knights halfback Jack Cogger in Bulldogs' sights for next year

Discussion in 'Rumours' started by danlemon, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Gotenks

Gotenks Immortal Gilded

Foran should still play halfback. He's the experienced one with the better football brain. Then again he did sit back at the Warriors and let the youngsters play halfback.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TANK 2.0

TANK 2.0 Assyrian King Gilded

Or we can let him play both sides with Cleeland?

If Frawley is picked then Frawley has to be HB.

3. speedy2460

speedy2460 Kennel Enthusiast

Why would the Dogs be chasing Cogger. He cant make FG at lesser teams, so why would he here?
    If Cleeland is overlooked again, I can see him making the move north.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bulldogs09

Bulldogs09 Immortal

Busted and stilll better then what we or they had most games

5. Gotenks

Gotenks Immortal Gilded

I'd rather a halves pairing that can alternate with each other, but Foran is the best first receiver at the club and he should play the more dominant role.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gotenks

Gotenks Immortal Gilded

He was terrible for the Warriors other than a game or 2. It's irrelevant now, he's here and he needs to be the halfback for us. He can't hide behind the "busted" excuse anymore, he's either fit or he's set for an early retirement.

7. doggieaaron

doggieaaron Immortal

Id rather us see how our current halves go

8. TANK 2.0

I just want a kicking game FFS and creative halves

• Like Like x 3
  9. Bulldogs09

Bulldogs09 Immortal

Haven’t said it for a while but your off the mark here. He had some outstanding games, some good games and some quiet games. Yet again was one of there better players even in quiet games and more to the point better then any of ours this year.

10. Gotenks

Gotenks Immortal Gilded

Na he was terrible, he had a few good touches but overall he was terrible. Go ask @Otara_Dog or @KiwiDog7 what the fans thought of Forans time over there. I also don't care if he was better than what we had, our systems were the worst in the NRL for a half to succeed.

Foran has plenty of ability but he hasn't performed anywhere near it in recent years, don't act like he has. If Foran wants to play footy and can stay fit mentally and physically, then he will he an extremely valuable member of our squad and one of the top halves in the game. If he gets just one of those thinga wrong then we're going to end up with the Parra/Warriors version of Foran.

11. Bulldogs09

Bulldogs09 Immortal

I don't need to ask what the fans of a team what they think of a quality player who left them. I hear our fans say rubbish about quality players that left us all the time. Common sense there.

I watched every single game this season. Literally every single game of every single round all bar 2-3 games I was out and didn't bother with the replay. Not just the Dogs. Every team. Foran had some outstanding games. Some very good games and some quiet games. Not based on anyone else saying what they think or butthurt fans saying. From my own eyes.

He is a huge upgrade for us. I also won't hear the rubbish about the Eels. He was one of their best players week in week out and not just theirs, he was absolutely killing it. Stelo and co where blowing their load all over the place! UNTIL he got his shoulder raped and forced to play and the personal life crap. Shit went horrible then and I get the huge caution over that. With that said how many blokes have had some type of "break downs" without even thinking Barba & Darius Boyd, Josh Dugan, Blake Ferguson etc. Might not of tried to top themselves though Barbas we all know Boyd trashed a hotel and went into a mental health place. Dugan, Ferguson even Carney all fucked up too and all went on to have a very very good few seasons. Half those blokes can be said same thing with injuries in Dugan, Barba, Carney etc.

I agree it remains too be seen IF Foran has got his head 100% on and his body remotely on the mend. Though to be fair there's only one way to find out and he is WELL worth the risk!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Gotenks

Gotenks Immortal Gilded

Yes this season will tell all. I hope he does well because we need him to, but atm i have massive doubts and i'm not going to pretend that these issues don't exist or that he has performed at his previous 2 clubs.

13. Bulldogs09

Bulldogs09 Immortal

You are pretending he didn't.

He never played shit for the Eels. He was easily one of their best before being injured. The way he departed the club isn't anything to do with how he played for them. It's like saying the chooks should of worried about SBW slipping away in the middle of the night.

The Warriors he was NOT on fire every game like he was for the Eels. Though he still was one of the better players and certainly had some very very good games for them. The injury concerns from that year is a issue though he also toughed it out (if you believe the stories he was forced to by the Warriors as they knew he was bolting so hard to judge either way there) we shall see what happens.

He has been a top player when on field at both Manly & Eels. Warriors was not that week in week out, though he had some games of that. We need it week in week out. Hopefully his mental health and injury concerns are behind him and if so we are finally going to be the club that benefit from these situations instead of the Roosters & Broncos.

14. Gotenks

Gotenks Immortal Gilded

Ahh whatever, it's clear you have a hard on for Foran and are getting overly excited about him. The SBW comparison is also a poor one.

Foran was not successful at the Eels, Fact. Foran was not successful at the Warriors, Fact. Him being successful at the Dogs is all that matters to me, and the fact that he hasn't been successful at his last 2 clubs worries me. I don't care if he played a couple of good games, overall he was average.

I don't know what went on at the Warriors, but i have a reasonable idea about his time at Parra. Is it a coincidence that he played fuck all footy for Parra just like his mate Watbro? Hmm. What about Ballin at the the Tigers? Hmm. That Manly crew have been worn out, there's even an article where Ballin talks about them consistenly playing injured so i find it funny that Foran might have complained about that at another club.

I rate Forans ability, i just don't rate our chances of getting that ability out of him though. If he plays consistent footy and makes me look dumb, then that's absolutely great, if not then that's not so great. I'm over talking about him, we won't know for sure until this season plays out.

15. chisdog

chisdog Kennel Enthusiast

What? You didn't like just dying with the ball inside the opponents 20? Des thought it was a masterstroke!

• Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Best Post x 1
  16. TANK 2.0

Stupid me for questioning the genius lol

PS has he found work? Or just counts his ill-gotten money all day? Lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Otara_Dog

Otara_Dog Kennel Addict

Yeah by the end of the season fans of the warriors wanted to play youngsters. I didn't think he was overly bad, but he was far from great.

It was a mix of him being average and the team being shit. You're right though the biggest key with him will be his fitness. A fit Foran working off ball from an Aussie front row will be good.

I think mentally he will be good it will be his body that be the biggest question mark.

Hopefully the dogs play him when they are sure he is fully fit NOT like what the Warriors did who were under pressure to play him to get a win.

18. Bulldogs09

Bulldogs09 Immortal

You can’t be taken serious if you don’t think on the field Foran was one of the eels best. Sorry mate the reason you find yourself in arguments constantly is the blindness in your posts. I don’t have a hard on for Foran. He is the most gifted half we have had since Shifty and like you said I want him to succeed. I am also cautious of the fact his body has been an issue at the past two clubs. There was no reports of off field dramas last season. It is a one of situation and the sbw example is fine. A poor lapse of judgement and an act some can’t see pass.

That isn’t on the field.

His time on the field for the eels was outstanding and he was getting praised as the best thing the eels has done in how long? Until it all went wrong off the field and the injuries. These are my concerns and obviously understandable for any fan. The fact remains he played outstanding football when on the field for the eels. He played some good footy for the warriors too. Along with some quiet games as I said. Though again even last year with these concerns he was a better half then we had so if he can sort his head and his body back to the first half of the eels season then we have a star.

I have faith his head is going to be ok back around his kids can only be better and he mentally got through the warriors season , it’s his body that needs to recover for me!

• Like Like x 1
  19. chisdog

chisdog Kennel Enthusiast

He is relying in the court case against the Dogs, so he can say he could have gotten a job when negotiating his contract, but now all the jobs are taken, so he can't find one & the Dogs have to pay up in full.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Alan79

Alan79 Immortal

Considering the hissy fit thrown by the Warriors when he signed with us, I'd say they thought he did well enough for them. It was the same when he left the Eels. I still have some concerns for his fitness. But any player can have a bad run with injury if they aren't looked after by the medical staff and it seems like Foran has spent a few years being played when his body needed recovery time.

I think we need to judge his performance based on what he delivers rather than the opinions spouted by those who are a bit butthurt after he left their club.

• Like Like x 1