Klemmer facing three week suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggies15

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bulldogs forward David Klemmer could miss the first three rounds of the NRL Telstra Premiership after he was charged by the NRL Match Review Committee on Monday afternoon.
Klemmer was slapped with a grade 2 dangerous contact charge for a tackle on Kenny Bromwich in his side's 20-0 win over the Melbourne Storm in a trial played at Belmore Sports Ground on Saturday.
Klemmer will miss the opening two rounds of the NRL Telstra Premiership with an early guilty plea, or risk missing three matches if he unsuccessfully fights the charge at the NRL judiciary.
Gold Coast forward Zeb Taia was also cited for a grade 1 dangerous throw on South Sydney's Greg Inglis, but will avoid suspension with an early plea.
Both players will have until midday on Tuesday to enter their pleas.

http://www.nrl.com/klemmer-facing-three-week-suspension/tabid/10874/newsid/93091/default.aspx

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Klemmer Charged by Match Review Committee

Front row forward David Klemmer has this afternoon been charged by the NRL Match Review Committee for an incident that occurred in the 20-0 trial victory over the Melbourne Storm at Belmore Sports Ground.

The All Saints Toongabbie junior has been charged with a Grade 2 – Dangerous contact that carries a penalty of 262 points (2 weeks) for an early guilty plea, or 350 points (3 weeks) if he is found guilty at the judiciary.

The club has until 12 noon tomorrow (Tuesday) to enter their plea.

SRC: http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2016/02/22/klemmer_charged_by_m.html

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How they reached that conclusion with such limited footage is beyond me

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely the club will fight it as there are limited camera angles. Also interesting to note no charge for the storm players tackle on liicha that started the whole thing?

One positive from this is good to see Klem sticking up for his teammates!

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
im sure all games are required to be recored and if match committee need to view it you have send in the tape

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Surely the club will fight it as there are limited camera angles. Also interesting to note no charge for the storm players tackle on liicha that started the whole thing?

One positive from this is good to see Klem sticking up for his teammates!
There is no positive, getting yourself suspended is stupid and only costs us where it really matters.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What was the charge for? A low tackle? I couldn't see too much but it looked aggressive.

Was the storm player ok? I don't get how that's a 2-3 week suspension unless it's worse then what the footage shows (mind you I was watching it on my phone).

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What was the charge for? A low tackle? I couldn't see too much but it looked aggressive.

Was the storm player ok? I don't get how that's a 2-3 week suspension unless it's worse then what the footage shows (mind you I was watching it on my phone).
I think its the nature of the tackle. E.g It looks like Klemmer is attacking the players legs

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think its the nature of the tackle. E.g It looks like Klemmer is attacking the players legs
So are they saying you can't tackle the legs anymore?

The player wasn't kicking, wasn't being held, nor was he tripped. What rule did he break?

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no positive, getting yourself suspended is stupid and only costs us where it really matters.
Yeah getting suspended is dumb, and I hate seeing players get suspended. But it shows a good spirit amongst the boys.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
So are they saying you can't tackle the legs anymore?

The player wasn't kicking, wasn't being held, nor was he tripped. What rule did he break?
You can with your arms. You can't throw your body at their legs.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How can a tackle where a guy is smashed head first into the ground attract a grade one charge? ( Lowest grading for that type of offence so would hate to see a grade 5)

Once again it appears we will see inconsistency and confusion in the way various incidents will be viewed. Very poor vision of the Klemmer incident unless there is another film being viewed although the incident involving Graham was obviously " clear enough" for a fair judgement to be made on that . Found it a bit puzzling that a Melbourne bloke was not put on report for a tackle on Lichaa where he was held in a tackle by two players and was then bent back by a third coming in ( similar to a cannonball). Saw about three of four of those.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You can with your arms. You can't throw your body at their legs.
That's true. But it did look like he slipped or something, not that he torpedoed into him.

In saying that the footage isn't the best

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Here Here, how dumb is DK!! stupid thing to do.
David needs a little speech therapy too, same as big Sam .... both are shockers when it comes to interviews,

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Klem dog needs to cut this thuggy stuff out of his game

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Been described by Fox sports as "a controversial torpedo like tackle made without the use of his arms". Am guessing we will not fight the charge unless there are any better views of it if he has been charged on the very grainy video presented as evidence. Another good start to the season with a suspension we can ill afford. Klem will have a target on his head now with the NRL poised to pounce on any irregularity in his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.