Kitten Found - what to do now?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Hi guys,

My wife and I found a kitten on Saturday night, couldn't be more than 3-4 months old, only a little fellow. He's very friendly and affectionate - and this is coming from someone who does not like cats.

Anyway we were heading out to dinner and saw the kitten and he got spooked by a car driving past and other cars driving past after that, so we thought he was lost or stray. We took him in, gave him some food and kept him indoors overnight.

Sunday morning we took him to the vet, and he's chipped, however not registered, so we had no way of finding out who his owner is. We've gone door knocking and no one has claimed him, also no one has come to our place asking about him. We've tried a few places but no one seems to be able to take him in. We rang the council this morning but they'll only take away dead cats or dangerous ones.

We've also asked around on local social media channels but nothing.

It's almost as if he's a chipped ghost who just appeared out of no where.

Does anyone have any ideas? What about the RSPCA, are they required to assist?

Any info/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
cant you just drop it off to a vet or rspca to be re-homed ? I'm sure someone out there would end up adopting it

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
cant you just drop it off to a vet or rspca to be re-homed ? I'm sure someone out there would end up adopting it
Vet won't take it in and RSPCA are at capacity at their holding facility. Apparently the Council is responsible at it is chipped. The Mrs just rang them and told them this, and they're apparently going to get back to us.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hi guys,

My wife and I found a kitten on Saturday night, couldn't be more than 3-4 months old, only a little fellow. He's very friendly and affectionate - and this is coming from someone who does not like cats.

Anyway we were heading out to dinner and saw the kitten and he got spooked by a car driving past and other cars driving past after that, so we thought he was lost or stray. We took him in, gave him some food and kept him indoors overnight.

Sunday morning we took him to the vet, and he's chipped, however not registered, so we had no way of finding out who his owner is. We've gone door knocking and no one has claimed him, also no one has come to our place asking about him. We've tried a few places but no one seems to be able to take him in. We rang the council this morning but they'll only take away dead cats or dangerous ones.

We've also asked around on local social media channels but nothing.

It's almost as if he's a chipped ghost who just appeared out of no where.

Does anyone have any ideas? What about the RSPCA, are they required to assist?

Any info/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.
Pie anyone..
3A6EFE3B-4253-416D-9611-56957ED1F3DF.jpeg

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
RSPCA or another pound. You could also advertise on gumtree or social media that you're giving away a free kitten. The kitten probably has a better chance at life with the latter option.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
wait for the reward signs to pop up and then cash in

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve always wondered that I reckon if I found someone’s beloved pet and they had a reward and I returned it that would be the gift to see them happy. Nah bro your all eets just happy you got him back have a good day brother.
Agree