Kikau OUT

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need to see if we are allowed to bring in Kitione as an exemption to play for the next two wks.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We need to see if we are allowed to bring in Kitione as an exemption to play for the next two wks.
No we don't he would get destroyed in the NRL

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell that to Steve Mortimer and Mario Fenech who both have health problems later in life from excessive head knocks during their playing days. The NRL is just doing what technology and data have enabled - enacting their duty of care (and possibly avoiding lawsuits NFL style down the track too). I’m glad you have nothing to do with the running of the club or game Alzz…
I doubt anyone knows for sure if head knocks are to blame for those guys’ problems. Sure it’s likely, but I don’t think the science can say for sure. Dementia is common in general unfortunately, with most sufferers probably never being concussed.

Still, I don’t begrudge any organisation for trying to prevent a known contributor to dementia, as anything done to prevent instances of it are good. The problem is, they’re not going about it the smartest way. The 11 day mandatory stand down being enforced without any measures to compensate teams is a major failure. It would be so easy to change regulations to allow for randomly being without gun players due to concussion.

What happens when Nathan Cleary, or Tom Trbo etc miss a massive game because of this rule? Just bad luck? Possibly, but it could also completely taint the competition.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No we don't he would get destroyed in the NRL
Yeah maybe, but I’m just thinking of his size instead of playing another undersized forward. (Truth be told, haven’t seen him play a full game yet, only seen the highlights packages haha)

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m thinking April fools joke, just checked the dogs website nothing

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah maybe, but I’m just thinking of his size instead of playing another undersized forward. (Truth be told, haven’t seen him play a full game yet, only seen the highlights packages haha)
He looks like he has a future but at this stage he looks to be a fair way off. Very low work rate from what I've seen and heard of him, looks to only really come to life when attacking the opponents goal line.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Motherfuck.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy that they’re banging at training. But fuck me. How unlucky are

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
I’m thinking April fools joke, just checked the dogs website nothing
Yeah thought same to start, BUT I doubt he would be allowed to claim that sort of shit due that it would have a direct affect on betting markets.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I doubt anyone knows for sure if head knocks are to blame for those guys’ problems. Sure it’s likely, but I don’t think the science can say for sure. Dementia is common in general unfortunately, with most sufferers probably never being concussed.

Still, I don’t begrudge any organisation for trying to prevent a known contributor to dementia, as anything done to prevent instances of it are good. The problem is, they’re not going about it the smartest way. The 11 day mandatory stand down being enforced without any measures to compensate teams is a major failure. It would be so easy to change regulations to allow for randomly being without gun players due to concussion.

What happens when Nathan Cleary, or Tom Trbo etc miss a massive game because of this rule? Just bad luck? Possibly, but it could also completely taint the competition.
Yes of course dementia happens to non-footy players and is a part of life (usually with aging) and I wasn’t suggesting otherwise. I think we agree that the duty of care overall is the right approach, not unlike say airbags when that tech became available and how many lives/long term injuries have they prevented? I don’t know the answer but I’d suggest it’s significant compared to pre-airbag cars.

The 11 day thing will likely evolve in time as more data shapes policy. For now it’s precautionary so to answer your question, if Cleary or Turbo miss a game or two so what compared to potential long term outcomes.

I don’t see the clubs loudly protesting about the current policy either and I bet the RLPA has a bit to say on it too welfare wise. As usual it’s boneheaded fans who think they know better who are bleating over it.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not like he's done much yet anyway.
A kennel special…

players that come here have to score 10 tries, set up 15 and make 50 tackles a game to safeguard against any kind of criticism - Kiks has been a good buy imo, once that match fitness improves, he’ll be even better.

CC and our spine also need to learn how to utilise him better.