Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Okay but who do you use instead ? Lewis? HHaha

Foran is better on one leg

I agree. Foran would be my pick for sure, however if we spend another 1M or close to it just to have him on the sidelines for 50+% of another season, it is a waste. We need to recruit someone else.

If Foran was healthy I would say fk yeah keep him forever. But we just do not get value out of him, actually he hurts us more than he helps us because we could spend that money on someone else.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree. Foran would be my pick for sure, however if we spend another 1M or close to it just to have him on the sidelines for 50+% of another season, it is a waste. We need to recruit someone else.

If Foran was healthy I would say fk yeah keep him forever. But we just do not get value out of him, actually he hurts us more than he helps us because we could spend that money on someone else.

not that I would spend 1 million on him but who would you spend that money on from who is available?

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our club will survive this we are one of the richest and that’s a fact.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Hahaha glad to cheer anyone up in these times bro!
Seriously though, he's averaged 2 games a season since joining us and he still couldn't even play the 2 games we actually got in 2020. He's where he belongs, up in Manly where he's comfortably in isolation right now.
You seriously need to go back to primary school to learn how to count, Foran has actually played 26 games in 2 years which is around half of the games. Ridiculous overstatement removes all credibility from your argument.

Go Dogs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
not that I would spend 1 million on him but who would you spend that money on from who is available?
I'd only consider Foran on near minimum wage for 1 year and that's only because there's literally no one available...but really I hate myself for even thinking this and hope the club just moves on from him.

I do however have plenty of faith in Wakeham Averillo and i'm more than willing to give them the opportunity. I'd honestly be looking at getting Cameron Smith over for a year..might be controversial but I feel this would be a massive signing for us.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
dean pay should take lewis off the field and not replace him

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You seriously need to go back to primary school to learn how to count, Foran has actually played 26 games in 2 years which is around half of the games. Ridiculous overstatement removes all credibility from your argument.

Go Dogs
You seriously need to go back to Primary School and learn what the world hyperbolic means.

Go Dogs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Go Dogs
26 games in 2 years, wow what an iron man! Even worse, at best he would have played 8 or so games if we had a full season this year...

So if he was lucky, he would have played a grand total of 34 games in three seasons which is less than half the games available.

Let's not forget at least four or five of those 26 games he was so hobbled or invisible because he was playing through serious injury that he might as well have not played.. And yet despite all of this you act as if Foran isn't injury prone and deserves another contract?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Probably played his last game for us unless the club is stupid enough to re-sign him. Likelyhood of footy being played again this year is very small.
Nasheed here,
I think the situation has changed a little with the Corona outbreak.

I don't see any quality halves off contract soon, and, with Foran given a year to recover and get fit he would be firing at 100 cylinders with a year off, extending his career.

mai sign him in one year increments at a more reasonable rate, like 500, and it could pay off.
If not, we hit the market for 2022 and chase a Townsend kind of player.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be fair he is a tough mother ducker his body has let him down if he was fit and healthy he would have 300 games by the time he retire his body has let him down physically but anyways this season is gonna be a write off so see how we go next year

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
To be fair he is a tough mother ducker his body has let him down if he was fit and healthy he would have 300 games by the time he retire his body has let him down physically but anyways this season is gonna be a write off so see how we go next year
Correct statement.