kidwell to souths

Status
Not open for further replies.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Real Insurance Rabbitohs have announced the signing of current New Zealand international David Kidwell to a three-year contract today, beginning the Rabbitohs' on-field recruitment for season 2007.

Kidwell, 29, has played 158 first grade games to date as well as having 18 Tests caps for New Zealand, his most recent in this year's 2006 Anzac Test. The 188cm, 104kg back-rower is also part of the Storm's leadership group, qualities the Rabbitohs are looking for Kidwell to bring to the Club in 2007.

"David is a very experienced and respected player in the NRL and his ability to lead and his on-field toughness are things that we will be looking for him to bring to our Club," Rabbitohs CEO Shane Richardson said today.

"David will join fellow New Zealand internationals David Fa'alogo and Joe Galuvao in our ranks next season. We are looking forward to having David on board and wish him the best of luck with the Storm for the remainder of the season."

Kidwell is also looking forward to joining the Rabbitohs later in the year.

"I had the opportunity to see the Powerpoint presentation from Peter Holmes a Court and Shane Richardson and to see the vision they have for the Club first hand," Kidwell said.

"Frankly, it's all very exciting and I look forward to being a part of the rebuilding of the legendary Rabbitohs. They have a strong group of young players coming through the grades and I'm really looking forward to playing with them next year."

South Sydney's Executive Chairman Peter Holmes a Court says Kidwell's signing is an addition to some of the big off-field signings made by the Rabbitohs already this season.

"David Kidwell's signing is a great start to our on-field recruitment," Mr Holmes a Court said.

"Add his signing to the acquisition of Jason Taylor as Assistant Coach, Mark Hughes as Recruitment Manager, Errol Alcott as Director of Athletic Performance and Anthony Mundine as our Indigenous Liaison Officer, and you can see that we are beginning to put together a team of players, coaching and football staff to take us to the next level as a Rugby League Club."

SOURCE www.rleague.com

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
very good signing, souths best signing in a while

has vagana signed with souths

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Errol Alcott as Director of Athletic Performance
Anthony Mundine as our Indigenous Liaison Officer
Director Of Athletic Performance, Please...

Indigenous Liaison, Are they smoking the weed or what??

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good signing for Souths. Also if Asotasi isn't going to be at The Dogs next year then I'd rather souths sign him over the Roosters.

Souths are only about 3 players away from being a competitive side. The just need a decent halves combo (possibly Sutton and someone good to go with him) and 1 or 2 other players. Vagana would be a good buy for them.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
prfft kidwell is crap.

Serial penalty provider for opposition teams.

M

MrCharisma

Bad signing

Souths is giving out the wrong message

"Hey, instead of retiring in over seas, why not come to Souths. We'll pay you stupid amounts of money"

RAM

What tha !
Reaction score
I thought all this Holmes a Court and Russell Crowe fiasco was supposed to change Souths to a winning formula ! This is the same crap buying Souths have done for the last 20 years.
The Wooden Spoon Cabinet needs an extension !

Status
Not open for further replies.