Opinion Khaled Rajab

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agreed. If you have a good 9, takes the pressure off the 7 and 6. A good fullback will do the same.
In my "only watch games, occasionally watch training" opinion i think Averillo has more ability than Dylan Edwards but Edwards outperforms him significantly because of his effort and willingness to engage in the physicality of the game.

Malla

Reaction score
In my "only watch games, occasionally watch training" opinion i think Averillo has more ability than Dylan Edwards but Edwards outperforms him significantly because of his effort and willingness to engage in the physicality of the game.
Yeah Avo has more natural ability but just doesn't look like he spends enough time preparing and doesnt take it serious enough.

Edwards spends a lot of time training, watching video, perfecting his craft. He's so fit mate, you see him running the same lines and supporting up the middle in the 75th minute as he would in the first minute and he isn't even breaking a sweat. Beast.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah Avo has more natural ability but just doesn't look like he spends enough time preparing and doesnt take it serious enough.

Edwards spends a lot of time training, watching video, perfecting his craft. He's so fit mate, you see him running the same lines and supporting up the middle in the 75th minute as he would in the first minute and he isn't even breaking a sweat. Beast.
Even if Averillo did it for half the game it would help

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Even if Averillo did it for half the game it would help
Once Averillo puts some size on he'll gain confidence.
The same happened to Cleary his game changed dramatically after adding some muscle.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Edwards has also been playing fullback at nrl level for years, Averillo has been put in 4 different positions he’s also had bad coaching I think he’ll come good with time and a good coach

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once Averillo puts some size on he'll gain confidence.
The same happened to Cleary his game changed dramatically after adding some muscle.
Edwards has also been playing fullback at nrl level for years, Averillo has been put in 4 different positions he’s also had bad coaching I think he’ll come good with time and a good coach
We have 3 players with real ability, Averillo Kasey and even Kiraz who with proper coaching and a few more Kilos would go to the next level,
The talk that Ciraldo is a developement coach gives me confidence.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He’s played halfback since he was 7 years old
He can organise but tangatoa gave him simple instructions to run and tackle
He left the organising to wakeham
Tangles didn’t even want Khaled to kick much

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has Rajab signed with the Dogs for next year?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He’s got one more year left of his current deal I believe
4 year deal when he was 16
Good - i asked Gould but he didnt reply - no guarantees that he will make a first grade half but he is rare amongst most halves in that he runs the ball to the line and passes exceptionally well under pressure, similar to Foran. Worth persisting with rather than just another "organising" - which i read as not prepared to dig into the line - half. His brother i beive was the 9 in HM last season - similar skill set.

Dyms17

Waterboy
Reaction score
I like the way he accelerates and digs into the line really commiting defenders, he appears to have a good short kick, good kick chase, looks to have some vision and can back it up with solid exuction. The one thing that concerns me is his defence, although I have only seen strong efforts in his last 2 reserve grade games, everything I had seen previously was really underwhelming.
Im pretty sure it's why he went back to Flegg and also back to fullback. Go and watch any highlights from this year and you will see Matt Dufty type of efforts. Hopefully it was just an attitude thing, something that may be on the improve.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good - i asked Gould but he didnt reply - no guarantees that he will make a first grade half but he is rare amongst most halves in that he runs the ball to the line and passes exceptionally well under pressure, similar to Foran. Worth persisting with rather than just another "organising" - which i read as not prepared to dig into the line - half. His brother i beive was the 9 in HM last season - similar skill set.
@speedy2640 said he’s going to the sharks

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Could be our 7 weve been wanting
He goes ok.
Somthing tells me Gould and the coaching staff are not seeing enough potential in him.
Given all the noise around chasing other halfbacks in the game, and given how desperate all clubs are for decent half backs, there is no noise about any club interested in him.

I am seriously thinking he is just another over hyped youngster on the kennel only.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Obviously shows no confidence in the kids ability.
Says a lot,
Especially given how rubbish Wakeham has proved to be.