Kevvie off to a cracking start!

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He can't go any worse than Seibold did, and I actually think that Seibold did so bad because of this whole bullshit oldboys thing going on at the Broncos. The oldboys were all pissed some outsider came in and caused dissent in the ranks.

So the oldboys will now be happy, everyone can circle jerk themselves off all offseason and they won't come last, but I will be surprised if they make the 8 for a few years to come. They will soon realise there is more wrong there than the coach.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
He can't go any worse than Seibold did, and I actually think that Seibold did so bad because of this whole bullshit oldboys thing going on at the Broncos. The oldboys were all pissed some outsider came in and caused dissent in the ranks.

So the oldboys will now be happy, everyone can circle jerk themselves off all offseason and they won't come last, but I will be surprised if they make the 8 for a few years to come. They will soon realise there is more wrong there than the coach.
Yeah I think that’s fair, I just find it amusing that the old boys think they have the answers, they get their man in the seat and he then says ‘We should play like we did in the 90’s!’. Masterful tactics.

I’m now just waiting for Kev to say ‘if we score more points than the opposition we’re likely to win’ :-).

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The culture issues amongst the player’s at the broncs are deep and nasty and they are trying to buy their way out of it by bringing in the Melbourne engine room which might work long term if they can land them,Kevvy is sacrificial lamb and will get eaten alive over the next two seasons

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
New Pony coach Kevvie Walters says the key to improving the Ponies is:

1) Improve attack
2) Improve defence

Can you imagine the meltdown on TK if Baz made similar comments about the Dogs? :-).

Without seeing what Walters can do, this smells a lot like the simplistic statement of Pay when he got here. At least this gives me something to chuckle about amidst this saga of targeted media frenzy regarding our board.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Without seeing what Walters can do, this smells a lot like the simplistic statement of Pay when he got here. At least this gives me something to chuckle about amidst this saga of targeted media frenzy regarding our board.
Granted not the week to week grind of the NRL but we’ve seen him with the Maroons the last two years. Yes, they’d begun to lose their superstars that gave them a decade of dominance but I’m far from convinced he’s going to turn that club around any time soon and that’s perfectly fine by me :-).

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Granted not the week to week grind of the NRL but we’ve seen him with the Maroons the last two years. Yes, they’d begun to lose their superstars that gave them a decade of dominance but I’m far from convinced he’s going to turn that club around any time soon and that’s perfectly fine by me :-).
I'm pretty sure he called Mbye into the Queensland squad. I'm not going to say that I'm certain he won't turn them around, but decisions like that leave me with strong suspicions that he won't

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he called Mbye into the Queensland squad. I'm not going to say that I'm certain he won't turn them around, but decisions like that leave me with strong suspicions that he won't
I just don’t put him in the same basket as the best coaches in the game and it’ll take a lot more than an old boy with a ‘passion for the club’ to turn that ship around in my view.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Bellamy had to have been teaching all his assistants the wrong things as to dilute the comp... Pay, Kearney, Walters, Arthur, all shit lol

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
The current group of Broncos players bar Haas, Staggs just reek off fucking smug douche bags. I wish nothing but 9th - 16th finishers and wooden spoons for these Cazzo di merda

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can’t stand his commentary, putrid voice lol..!!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
All he needs to say is “bring back the madness” and he ticks all the Dean Pay boxes.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Kevvie will do SFA. I'm not convinced he is a NRL First Grade Coach and to say he is great due to Origin is a cop out. Origin coaches, IMO, are realistically there to mentor and front the media and maybe come up with a set play or two. Most the time it's the players playing their natural game and playing what's in front of them.

There's a reason why he hasn't been a First Grade Coach until now and same goes with Freddy.

Kevvie is only there due to "Old Boys' banging on about it in the background and I can't wait for him to fail to hear what these 'Old Boys' have to say then.

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
First thing he should do is turf Milford the million dollar myth.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The current group of Broncos players bar Haas, Staggs just reek off fucking smug douche bags. I wish nothing but 9th - 16th finishers and wooden spoons for these Cazzo di merda
I don't think that their too many Italians on TK so you might have to explain what the last 3 words mean. BTW I know.