Kerrod Holland to quit NRL

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to see the club moving forward and not resigning these (barely) fringe first graders! Hope he takes Nasheed and his many profiles with him!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's a pity the NRL don't bring players on to kick goals like they do in the NFL because he could have a job just doing that.

He was a solid player, tried his best & you can't ask for more than that. He also didn't embarrass the club off the field like so many others have. If I lived in the Newcastle area he would be the first sparky I would call. Perhaps offering former players who own businesses or are tradies with discounts for members would be beneficial for both club & ex-players.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good bloke and honest enough footballer who certainly had a dig when given opportunity . Wish him well in retirement .

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He actually doesn't want to be a sparky. If you listen to him he said he doesn't want to be one, just leverage of that trade somehow.
At that point I sensed sadness at how the club treated him after Des.
He looked sad as kept looking down...

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Congratulations Kerrod on playing so many FG games. I still recall a couple of years ago when Holland and Smith were on the RHS...towards the back end of Pays first year, they absolutely killed it. Holland had one of the highest line breaks and tackle break % of any centre in the NRL that year, then in the next pre season Pay split up this combo...Holland thereafter struggled for line breaks and tackle breaks due mainly to the players inside him.
He's had injuries of course but he's played with enthusiasm and given us some great memories.
As I say, playing so many FG games is actually close to the average number of FG games played by NRL players, so Kerrod can be proud of his career at the Bulldogs and I thank him for his Bulldog spirit and his contribution over the last few years.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Still think he has plenty to offer as part of a squad. Yeah he’s played terrible in some diabolical sides, but at some stage in his career he was putting slug jmoz on show. Good luck dutchy.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Kerrod obviously realised he wasn’t cut out at the top level however these flops pay and sg would of continued to pick him shows how clueless they are