Kennel whipping boys....

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
They have been playing well and congrats to them after all the shit games they have played over the years.
In saying that they do need to go if we are to ever have a chance to win a comp.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate, if players in professional sports don't hear the frustrations of fans then I doubt their attitudes would change any time soon. Fans' passion is what can get teams and individuals out of poor form and while I think fans of all kinds can get a little too personal, the opinions of all die hard fans are mostly warranted.

Rather than see yourself, me included with egg on our faces, see it as being constructive that maybe our comments are seen as motivation to start playing at their potentials we all expect. The four consecutive wins shows that we all knew every player has talent, backing up why our criticisms were warranted.

It doesn't make us any less loyal, just extremely passionate.
Sorry mate, but I think its delusional to try and take credit for a teams performances based on giving them shit!!! Any player that is not hurting after losing is not worthy of being a professional sportsman. And the majority of them would be blocking out the exterior noise in order to concentrate on their own performances. It's the coaches job to ensure they do so.
The team is where they are right now due to hard work and being committed to the cause. Not because a bunch of randoms, who are the minority of most fans, are constantly bagging them on a forum they dont read.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to see Napa put in a good chase and smash gutho after parra made a big break. I was at the game and the boys were scrambling all night left and right. Was a few times Meaney got caught in the middle as he had to chase and cover to the other side. CHN and C. Smith ended up out wide and we just made it work no matter what it took.
Fuckin top win and couldn't be happier for the boys

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Good to see Napa put in a good chase and smash gutho after parra made a big break. I was at the game and the boys were scrambling all night left and right. Was a few times Meaney got caught in the middle as he had to chase and cover to the other side. CHN and C. Smith ended up out wide and we just made it work no matter what it took.
Fuckin top win and couldn't be happier for the boys
how were the Parra fans after the game? those scum.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
that holland play to win the game last night was biblical, still dont know about lewis's frawley like bombs though

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think speed is the problem. Matt Gidley would not have been much faster than Hoppa but was best centre in the game. I reckon his problem is his versatility... if he had stuck to centre from the beginning of his career and had he not taken those 2 years off.. he would've developed nicely into a genuine top centre.
Yeah you're right he does seem to take a while to warm up once he's shifted from a position. Where I'm coming from with his speed is he just lacks that extra couple of yards to finish off tries and he already breaks a tonne of tackle at the minute if he had more speed for would be a beast.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about the unrelenting hate for Hopoate ie @speedy2460

I ran a survey “would you release Hoppa at end of season, a year early”
There was like 80 odd votes. 43% said yes.

I can never understand the hate for this guy on the kennel.
He always puts in, prepared to put his body on the line.

7th in the NRL for run meters, 16th in NRL for post contact meters (more than any forward at the club) 20th in the NRL in tackle breaks (most at the club)
Agree
Hopoate is all class. Rarely has a bad game.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
how were the Parra fans after the game? those scum.
Most were pretty good. Had a few wankers yelling out dumb shit like "we'll be in the 8, fuck the dogs".
I'd like to think I made a nice comeback on 1 moron on the way out when he looks at me and my young nephew in our jerseys and says "i was there in 86 when we beat you dogs". I just smiled at him and replied "yeah I went to the 2004 GF when we won our 8th title.......

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Most were pretty good. Had a few wankers yelling out dumb shit like "we'll be in the 8, fuck the dogs".
I'd like to think I made a nice comeback on 1 moron on the way out when he looks at me and my young nephew in our jerseys and says "i was there in 86 when we beat you dogs". I just smiled at him and replied "yeah I went to the 2004 GF when we won our 8th title.......
I was at the 2004 grand final also with my dad & brother. We had like 75% of the crowd that day.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry mate, but I think its delusional to try and take credit for a teams performances based on giving them shit!!! Any player that is not hurting after losing is not worthy of being a professional sportsman. And the majority of them would be blocking out the exterior noise in order to concentrate on their own performances. It's the coaches job to ensure they do so.
The team is where they are right now due to hard work and being committed to the cause. Not because a bunch of randoms, who are the minority of most fans, are constantly bagging them on a forum they dont read.
I'm not only referring to TK. The games I have been to this year fans have vented their frustrations on game day. I've seen and heard what has been said and if this does not have an effect on a team then nothing will. Also, fans walking out early, attendances down speaks loudly and there is no doubt this could be an influence for a team to pick up their game. It's not the only thing, hard work and commitment no doubt, but certainly a key factor when fans are discontented.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it is fair to express an opinion on a players performance in a forum like this - don't think its a good idea to criticise junior players though, or express opinions about things we know nothing about. I have been critical of Meaney - but he is running the ball harder and fighting the tackle a lot more - credit to him. Lewis and tolman - defensively n commitment for the 80 minutes is outstanding - but in attack they struggle.
Meaney has something we've lacked for years, and that is blinding pace. Speed has been lacking when we've made a break, or taken an intercept. A player who gets the ball with no-one in front, where you can just say "try!" the minute he takes the ball is always an X-factor.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone has an opinion on players in here but haven’t some of the whipping boys in the team really stood up in the last few weeks. Meaney, Tolman, Elliott , JMK, Napa and even C Smith have been fantastic. I love the fact that a few of them have left me with egg on my face and let’s hope they can start doing it consistently.

I had doubts and was critical of Jacko’s leadership but he has shut me up after last night and the last few games.

Let’s hope it continues.
Guilty!!!!
It’s taken 1600 minutes of football for our list to get the defensive system & processes.
Our defence has been sensational particularly over the past 2 matches...with a 16 man rotation!
Kudos to Dean Pay & the coaching staff to finally getting the lads steeled.
Holland has improved out of sight decision making defensively.
Meaney has improved & is playing with confidence. DWZ; the point of difference, his signing was the turning point. His kick returns has turned our back 5 into a backline.
JMK has made me eat my words, his passing from DH crisp & defence:-wow!!!
Tolman & Elliottt have been exceptional.
Jackson what a skipper!!!!!
To’omaga had his breakout game last night & had rivals watching....
Really impressed with how our list is playing with more & more confidence with each game.

GO THE DOGS!!!!!!

Last edited:

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What about the unrelenting hate for Hopoate ie @speedy2460

I ran a survey “would you release Hoppa at end of season, a year early”
There was like 80 odd votes. 43% said yes.

I can never understand the hate for this guy on the kennel.
He always puts in, prepared to put his body on the line.

7th in the NRL for run meters, 16th in NRL for post contact meters (more than any forward at the club) 20th in the NRL in tackle breaks (most at the club)
I admit I did not particularly like what Hoppa was producing. He was to slow, he would not pass to his supports, and a few other shortcomings.
However, he seems to have a new lease of life. One area he needs to improve is to set up his outside man.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I admit I did not particularly like what Hoppa was producing. He was to slow, he would not pass to his supports, and a few other shortcomings.
However, he seems to have a new lease of life. One area he needs to improve is to set up his outside man.
Bro, your Hoppa hate was always irrational. He has been one of our best and most consistent player for years.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not only referring to TK. The games I have been to this year fans have vented their frustrations on game day. I've seen and heard what has been said and if this does not have an effect on a team then nothing will. Also, fans walking out early, attendances down speaks loudly and there is no doubt this could be an influence for a team to pick up their game. It's not the only thing, hard work and commitment no doubt, but certainly a key factor when fans are discontented.
I'm sure it hurts, but I very much doubt that they need any more motivation then they have already!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Bro, your Hoppa hate was always irrational. He has been one of our best and most consistent player for years.
He just makes things up in regards to Hoppa and a few others lol...said in another thread Hoppa can't pass?! He has probably one of the best passing games of any centre in the game while having the best catch and pass.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm sure it hurts, but I very much doubt that they need any more motivation then they have already!
Unsure if you were on here at the time, but I was once ranting like a lunatic over Eastwood because he was being lazy **** yet TK was still acting like he was that kid at the Broncos that could play on the wing.

Anyway one week a certain Eastwood family member jumped on and had a crack at me...the following game he then went on to have that stormer against the Raiders where he ran over 200m and was doing bits in attack and was basically untouchable...

In conclusion me chatting shit on TK motivates players, need to chat more shit if we're going to win a Premiership!