Kennel Upgrade

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Some people might experience database errors whilst posting, but a second attempt will work.

Just to let you all know, testing has commenced with live data on Xenforo.

Looking good so far... Nash has done an amazing job keeping downtime to a minimum.

Get excited!!! Likes and mentions are coming soon.
Mobile site works with standard Android browser too.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Get excited people new forum coming soon and its awesome look and feel

AndrewRyan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Would this be why no new posts show up for me since about 11am yesterday? It will say there is new posts on the home page but if I go to any subforum it doesn't say there has been any posts since yesterday

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Would this be why no new posts show up for me since about 11am yesterday? It will say there is new posts on the home page but if I go to any subforum it doesn't say there has been any posts since yesterday
Yep have just raised that issue. The new posts are showing up in the actual threads, but not in subforums, etc.

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it just me or is the new forum not up yet? I'm still on the old one which isn't refreshing often so I can't see recent posts and etc...mind you this is on mobile not on a desktop

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys is it just me or is the new site not up yet? I haven't got access to it. I am using the mobile version but even when I change it to the PC version its still on the old site which isn't refreshing posts and isn't allowing me to post without it crashing.

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some people might experience database errors whilst posting, but a second attempt will work.

Just to let you all know, testing has commenced with live data on Xenforo.

Looking good so far... Nash has done an amazing job keeping downtime to a minimum.

Get excited!!! Likes and mentions are coming soon.
Mobile site works with standard Android browser too.
Mobile site wasn't working for me so I re downloaded the app which is fantastic BTW!!! Loving the new app.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The new forum is not accessible to general users yet, and is still being tested by moderators and admins. I can assure you all it is live, and it's very VERY impressive :grinning: Nash has done an absolutely amazing effort on getting the test site up so quickly, but as you can see below, it will be worth the weight.

We are aware of issues with Database and pages not displaying correctly at the moment. If you get the database error, it has still posted so refresh the page.

Here's a little teaser of the future of The Kennel.
1. First box shows how the forums display.
2. Second box shows how a users profile comes up when clicked on. YES Likes are back as well as trophy points (more on that once the new forum goes live)!
3. Third box shows how threads display. All columns are fully sortable. I've also shown how your own user profile comes up. YES tagging will work so you can add users and be alerted when the post.

There are some SERIOUSLY cool changes just around the corner. Short term pain, long term gain.

For those asking about mobiles, the test site works superbly on default browser (android) without an app. Uploading images from your phone couldn't be easier. Select Upload image, select image from phone, press either Thumbnail or Full Image to drop one or the other into a thread. THAT SIMPLE!

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I can report mobile app is much better

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Can anyone see my posts or you guys full ignoring my questions? Lol

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mine has gone batshit crazy not showing the last persons posts everything seems all out of sync anyone else getting that ?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We are well aware of issues with the current site (database, last post, etc).

I'm not aware as to why this is happening (I don't program on the site), however it is possibly due to the partial migration/import of data to the test forum, or something like that.

As you can see above, the new forum IS up and running and well into the testing phase. Apologies from all the Mod/Admin Team in regards to the shaky regular forum, but rest assured that the wait will be worth it.

Yet to see one negative comment or step backwards with the new forum :grinning:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
BTW when you post and get DATABASE error, refresh the page and it will have posted.
Same with new threads.

PMs are working trouble free.
Last/Most Recent post has buggered up (not sure why).

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm still getting "database error messages". Also, when I open a thread, it doesn't seem to show the latest posts (getting that on app and website).

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm seeing posts on the app but I get the data base message when posting other than that the app for android is working fine.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Keeps coming up data base error and keeps stating duplicate posts but when you check nothing is there. Teething problems I guess.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
PLEASE READ - RE DATABASE ERRORS

As per my post here: http://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=113950&p=3108146&viewfull=1#post3108146 We are NOT running on the new forum at the moment. It will look completely different as per the image in that post.

Due to compulsory testing of the new forum, it appears to have upset something with VBulletin, which is giving the Database Errors, missing "last / recent posts", as well as sometimes not rolling over to second pages of threads.

Until such time as the new forum goes live, these issues may still exist.

All we (mods/admins) ask for is patience until the new forum is fully tested, as it is well worth the wait.

P.S If you experience the database error after you post, REFRESH THE PAGE, and you'll see your post.

Thanks for all your understanding, but a partially working buggy forum, is better than days without the forum up whilst the new one is tested, that we can all agree on :grinning: