Kennel Upgrade

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
The new forum is okay, but why did we need to change it? Also i agree we need a new Logo. The current one is outdated as shiz... Kennel Logo Design Comp!!!

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Gotta give a big shout out to the moderators. The upgrade I am loving but I don't think you guys get enough recognition for the tireless efforts you put into running this forum and keeping things semi civilised (I say semi because with guys like SoH & Assassin running round it is never going to be completely civilised :P). Anyways as I was saying big props to the mods love being a member of such a diverse and vibrant supporter group and I think you guys have a big part to play in that so thankyou!!!

Vagabond

flumshma
Reaction score
Probably it's just an optical illusion of some sort but I feel like there's more wasted space, especially at the sides. But I will get used to it.

Is there a night mode or theme?

Edit: the large avatar or icon to the left of the topic in the message boards is giving me that impression. Also liking the fact it doesn't lag on my phone writing a long reply.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
How do we edit out sigs and profile info and avatar pictures and stuff on iPad
Signature - not currently possible / implemented yet (already raised as a bug with site admins).
Profile info - Partially possible here: http://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/index.php?account/personal-details
Avatar Pictures - Can be changed here: http://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/index.php?account/personal-details

Really like the upgrades thanks to all those involved. Havnt had a chance to get across all that has been changed but from what i can see is a real improvement. Just in time for the new season and this place cam click back into gear again. :grinning:
Cheers. All the kudos here goes to a superhuman effort from Nash. It's all 100% him (I've just been assisting with other mods to keep everyone up to date on progress).

Considering this was only like a weeks work, it's insane how well the migration has gone across.

Still lots of fine tuning to be done though.

The new forum is okay, but why did we need to change it? Also i agree we need a new Logo. The current one is outdated as shiz... Kennel Logo Design Comp!!!
There were a number of reasons.

1. Lots of things were broken / breaking on VBulletin. Image linking for one.
2. Spammers were hammering the place, and anti-spam options in VB lead to users being unable to post without being approved.
3. VB was always pretty clunky, and the latest versions have gone downhill.
4. Server wise it was a resource whore. Every now and then the VB logs would fill up and the forum would come to a grinding halt requiring Nash to get online and bring things back up.
5. Greater forum control (we can now ban users for amounts as low as 1 hour, and from individual threads).
6. Greater forum expansion - Xenforo has native social media integration.

It is a big change and a big shock at first, but many large forums have shifted to Xenforo and not looked back.

Vagabond

flumshma
Reaction score
Fair enough. Sounds like change was coming then.

Oh can we change the amount of displayed posts a page?

Reaction score
Probably it's just an optical illusion of some sort but I feel like there's more wasted space, especially at the sides. But I will get used to it.

Is there a night mode or theme?

Edit: the large avatar or icon to the left of the topic in the message boards is giving me that impression. Also liking the fact it doesn't lag on my phone writing a long reply.
i like the space, it's a nice relief from other websites where they're overcrowded with ads. on some websites it's starting to feel like the ads take up more space than the actual content

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait! Suddenly the stickied threads are highlighted in a very pretty aqua blue, and that makes it so much easier to differentiate them from the rest of the page.

You might win me over yet.

Maybe. :confused:

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howeverrrrr, I've gone from a VIP member, to an active member, to a well-known member since Ground XenForo.

:o:confused:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hey all,

Great news.

Due to the way Xenforo works compared to VBulletin, I'm proud to announce that I have been promoted to Site Administrator.

Keep an eye out as more great members of our moderators also join the Admin group.

If anyone you know is having issues logging in, or needs things changed (signatures/etc/etc) please let me know and we should be able to sort you out :grinning:

Cheers :grinning:

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
so that means a pay upgrade?? will you get over time now?

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey all,

Great news.

Due to the way Xenforo works compared to VBulletin, I'm proud to announce that I have been promoted to Site Administrator.

Keep an eye out as more great members of our moderators also join the Admin group.

If anyone you know is having issues logging in, or needs things changed (signatures/etc/etc) please let me know and we should be able to sort you out :grinning:

Cheers :grinning:
Haha nice. It was an obvious choice with the amount of back end work and knowledge you do that the general users don't see.

Can I be super mod now :grinning: wanna be just like moe

Last edited:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Upgrade?
I can't stand it, bring back the tried and trusted old format.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Haha nice. It was an obvious choice with the amount of back end work and knowledge you do that the general users don't see.

Can I be super mod now :grinning: wanna be just like moe
If you become a super mod then I demand to be a mod. I live on here since getting sick lol