News KENNEL CLEAN-OUT ON THE CARDS

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I feel this will be the make or break year for Lewis, if he cant fire under baz then he probably never will.
I believe he is a good choice for the 14 jersey. He can cover most positions except for prop and maybe second row.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe he is a good choice for the 14 jersey. He can cover most positions except for prop and maybe second row.
He can play in the halves at a mediocre level and that’s it. His utility value is very low. His lack of pace doesn’t suit him to the outside backs and his lack of size and running ability doesn’t suit for him to be playing in the forwards. I doubt he has the ball skills to be a make shift hooker either. Coming on and making a couple of tackles doesn’t make someone a good utility.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He can play in the halves at a mediocre level and that’s it. His utility value is very low. His lack of pace doesn’t suit him to the outside backs and his lack of size and running ability doesn’t suit for him to be playing in the forwards. I doubt he has the ball skills to be a make shift hooker either. Coming on and making a couple of tackles doesn’t make someone a good utility.
I'll be so glad to see the back of the bloke at the end of this season. He's bluffed his way through a contract extension but hopefully not this time.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll be so glad to see the back of the bloke at the end of this season. He's bluffed his way through a contract extension but hopefully not this time.
Me too I’m counting down the days. He got really lucky to find himself in the perfect circumstances for a player of his ability to get the amount of games he has got at NRL level.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I met Trent Barrett not long after he retired.
He actually seems like a nice guy for an ex footy player.
He didn’t seem up himself and wasn’t walking around with a sense of entitlement.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I feel this will be the make or break year for Lewis, if he cant fire under baz then he probably never will.
I think Lewis has had his chances and will be limited to very FG games unless something drastic happens

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Couple of things to consider. Firstly your opinions do not represent facts. Its just your opinion.
I know people dislike Lewis as he appears to be a bit of a lair. But he offers more than a lot of others. My opinion.
I cannot identify any other player who could fill the 14 role better than him. If you can, tell me who it is.
Also.it appears that he will partner Flanagan in the halves to start the season.

Reactions: DT

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Couple of things to consider. Firstly your opinions do not represent facts. Its just your opinion.
I know people dislike Lewis as he appears to be a bit of a lair. But he offers more than a lot of others. My opinion.
I cannot identify any other player who could fill the 14 role better than him. If you can, tell me who it is.
Also.it appears that he will partner Flanagan in the halves to
A utilities role shouldn’t be just being able to play a bunch of positions you also want them to be able to play a role in the game otherwise you’re just wasting a bench spot every week.

Whoever doesn’t play hooker out of JMK or Katoa should be in the 14. Katoa can play in the back row or hooker and JMK can play in the halves. Unless there’s an injury where is Lewis going to play?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Me too I’m counting down the days. He got really lucky to find himself in the perfect circumstances for a player of his ability to get the amount of games he has got at NRL level.
Agreed, especially when poor Josh Cleeland couldn't even get 1 fucking game in his time here. Anyways here's hoping we can offload him to another club, sadly the best way of that happening is having him in FG playing semi decent and have some fool like Walters come knocking.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agreed, especially when poor Josh Cleeland couldn't even get 1 fucking game in his time here. Anyways here's hoping we can offload him to another club, sadly the best way of that happening is having him in FG playing semi decent and have some fool like Walters come knocking.
Unless we get Burton early I think we are stuck with him for this year unfortunately.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It is you lol. You called me stupid because I asked you what position does a 14 play.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Unless we get Burton early I think we are stuck with him for this year unfortunately.
Now that Allen is coming ( maybe ) it looks more like Lewis will be 6 and Avo will be the benchy. I guess we have to wait and see how the cards fall into place.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
A utilities role shouldn’t be just being able to play a bunch of positions you also want them to be able to play a role in the game otherwise you’re just wasting a bench spot every week.
Whoever doesn’t play hooker out of JMK or Katoa should be in the 14. Katoa can play in the back row or hooker and JMK can play in the halves. Unless there’s an injury where is Lewis going to play?
The 14 spot is often useful for a player that needs development, plenty of quality NRL players started off their NRL careers at 14.

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now that Allen is coming ( maybe ) it looks more like Lewis will be 6 and Avo will be the benchy. I guess we have to wait and see how the cards fall into place.
Tbaz is going to have to dig deep into the play book to make that work. I can’t see what point of difference Lewis brings when Flanagan does all of Lewis’ strengths better.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know its a minor thing but 14 isn't a position. Its just another number on the bench.