News KENNEL CLEAN-OUT ON THE CARDS

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i sew jmk as a great value signing.He is never going to be x factor or game winner but is extremely solid defender for size and toils honestly on modest bucks.we need value packed salary cap fillers in the squad to balance out cap.I also think hoppa wouldnt demand massive coin amd could be good value.we cant keep signing 5-650 thou players we will break our cap doing so.
Sensible post bro... We can't have a star studded roster in the majority of positions. We need a good balanced roster with intelligent signings and juniors and unknowns that embrace a culture and belief that put in their best effort each round. We need great support staff behind the scenes as well....looks like we have.
The dogs have been in the wilderness for too long and a ground up rebuild is exactly what we need.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can’t afford to fuck this up. Besides a hooker we need a classy big bopper.
Are you talking about the Mel Gibson movie Payback? I wouldn't call him a big bopper but he still killed plenty of bad guys.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
i sew jmk as a great value signing.He is never going to be x factor or game winner but is extremely solid defender for size and toils honestly on modest bucks.we need value packed salary cap fillers in the squad to balance out cap.I also think hoppa wouldnt demand massive coin amd could be good value.we cant keep signing 5-650 thou players we will break our cap doing so.
He's rubbish. You need genuine quality @ 9, not some nobody from the bargain bin. At best he's a utility.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Are you talking about the Mel Gibson movie Payback? I wouldn't call him a big bopper but he still killed plenty of bad guys.
Awesome flick but I have no idea what you are trying to say to me

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve said it multiple times on here. 2023-25 have massive potential for a couple of premierships

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree mate, considering this potential ‘clean out’ is $4M covering 14/15 players, that’s really only averaging out to be $260-$280k per player. For every 2 x $500-$600k players we sign, that means we need to find 4 x $100-$150k players to balance the cap. While $4M is enough to target 2-3 top tier players, we really need some value signings like JMK who wouldn’t command big dollars. Personally, I’d still target a quality No.9, I think JMK offers best value as a utility or back up 9.

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He's rubbish. You need genuine quality @ 9, not some nobody from the bargain bin. At best he's a utility.
You missed point.its about salary cap and also not saying sign him as a 9.Sign him as bench utility who can cover 9,3 ,6 and do a sokod job.hes a great bench spot player.so reliable.

bulldogethan

Waterboy
Reaction score
It’s a make or break year for plenty of players in the squad. The only ones I’d like to re-sign are Atoni, Ogden and Okonbur but that’s only if they perform this year because at the moment they still haven’t cemented their place in first grade. The rest are dead wood and would really need a huge year to get re-signed.
I agree and I would like to see jmk still at the club , he is by far the fittest player in the nrl and still has plenty of potential to overcome and glimpses of it were shown last year but he couldn’t fully reach his ability because of the niff naff coach and players around him, with an huge upgrade of players to play off the back of him including our very underrated foward pack he could do a lot of damage just as how parra , rabbits , storm , etc play

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You missed point.its about salary cap and also not saying sign him as a 9.Sign him as bench utility who can cover 9,3 ,6 and do a sokod job.hes a great bench spot player.so reliable.
He's bog average and a low priority at absolute best.

bulldogethan

Waterboy
Reaction score
Would be happy if we got both of those. Contracted players getting a release isn't something to rely on too heavily, sure it happens, but mostly for players that aren't going to be a big improvement on what we already have.
Brandon smith most likely going to titans or broncos since family moved up there

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jmk is shit! Nsw cup at best.
Too lazy no vision!