Keep, lean towards, lean against and punt

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
We have 11 guys off contract. No surprise. Just wondering where you stand on who yo I want to keep and get rid of?
Please point out if you think the end result will go against your wishes because that's interesting. https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-league/players/jack-cogger/

https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-league/players/jack-cogger/
For me;
Definitely keep:
Holland. No surprise here as I have been vocal the last two weeks on how much he has impressed me lately. I have really come around to him and think he's been under-utilised.
elliott. Our best player so it's just a matter of doing the deal really. No brainer.
Undecided but Lean towards yes
Foran. On his day he is a million dollars but has been off the last couple of weeks and injury is a concern. Should still be signed.
Undecided but lean towards No
Cogger. I feel he might be good in a good team and we just haven't brought it out of him. But other times he feels like Frawley. Unpolished diamond.
Mariner. He can run fast and hard but I still just don't feel he's the guy for us in ten second row. I wanna see him at prop before I decide fully.
Tolman. He's a good player and like Metallica he never stops he never dies. But unlike Metallica he has no spark in attack and seems to stifle opportunities, but he's a good player and I think that in a team of monsters he's perfect glue but we don't seem to be monsters, just all glue. Our pack is like glue my cum texture.
Wakeman. I see something in him, but I think it's going to take a lot to get it out of him and I don't back us to do it. We aren't that team that can hold this type of long term project. We need to swap him for Green unless he comes goody he back end of the season. Also his face and attitude just annoy me.
Punt
Everyone else. None are first graders except Harper who's gone.

The list according to zero tackle (the only point of reference we can use).
Jack Cogger, Adam Elliott, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Kieran Foran, Morgan Harper, Kerrod Holland, Marcelo Montoya, Sauaso Sue, Isaiah Tass, Aiden Tolman, Brandon Wakeham

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
We have 11 guys off contract. No surprise. Just wondering where you stand on who yo I want to keep and get rid of?
Please point out if you think the end result will go against your wishes because that's interesting. https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-league/players/jack-cogger/

https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-league/players/jack-cogger/
For me;
Definitely keep:
Holland. No surprise here as I have been vocal the last two weeks on how much he has impressed me lately. I have really come around to him and think he's been under-utilised.
elliott. Our best player so it's just a matter of doing the deal really. No brainer.
Undecided but Lean towards yes
Foran. On his day he is a million dollars but has been off the last couple of weeks and injury is a concern. Should still be signed.
Undecided but lean towards No
Cogger. I feel he might be good in a good team and we just haven't brought it out of him. But other times he feels like Frawley. Unpolished diamond.
Mariner. He can run fast and hard but I still just don't feel he's the guy for us in ten second row. I wanna see him at prop before I decide fully.
Tolman. He's a good player and like Metallica he never stops he never dies. But unlike Metallica he has no spark in attack and seems to stifle opportunities, but he's a good player and I think that in a team of monsters he's perfect glue but we don't seem to be monsters, just all glue. Our pack is like glue my cum texture.
Wakeman. I see something in him, but I think it's going to take a lot to get it out of him and I don't back us to do it. We aren't that team that can hold this type of long term project. We need to swap him for Green unless he comes goody he back end of the season. Also his face and attitude just annoy me.
Punt
Everyone else. None are first graders except Harper who's gone.

The list according to zero tackle (the only point of reference we can use).
Jack Cogger, Adam Elliott, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Kieran Foran, Morgan Harper, Kerrod Holland, Marcelo Montoya, Sauaso Sue, Isaiah Tass, Aiden Tolman, Brandon Wakeham
You lost me at holland.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's my (and a lot of people's) opinion. You're allowed to disagree. Otherwise we are all robots.
That’s correct, at one point I saw a little potential in him he was playing some decent footy for a 10 game stretch or so but I would love to see the back of him now not good enough to play centre and a horrible addition around the middle stop wasting a spot in the 30

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s correct, at one point I saw a little potential in him he was playing some decent footy for a 10 game stretch or so but I would love to see the back of him now not good enough to play centre and a horrible addition around the middle stop wasting a spot in the 30
I personally think he's been screwed around and used as a test dummy and mr fix it because I f his talent but it's been unfair on him to be so unsettled when he's fighting for a contract. He's been used as a stop gap and sealant for the team after being dropped.

he's played FB, centre on both sides, hooker, winger, 5/8. It's been tough on him and he had that good year so it's in him. Just isn't used properly.

either centre so he can perfect it, fullback so he can perfect his skills there (they are diminishing) or as a back up hooker taht May need to go into the backline if there's a mid game injury.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
I personally think he's been screwed around and used as a test dummy and mr fix it because I f his talent but it's been unfair on him to be so unsettled when he's fighting for a contract. He's been used as a stop gap and sealant for the team after being dropped.

he's played FB, centre on both sides, hooker, winger, 5/8. It's been tough on him and he had that good year so it's in him. Just isn't used properly.

either centre so he can perfect it, fullback so he can perfect his skills there (they are diminishing) or as a back up hooker taht May need to go into the backline if there's a mid game injury.
Your right so many positions poor bloke lets give him waterboy duties from now on

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I see where you’re coming from but I just think he’s shit

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For mine suaso sue seems like a keeper. Shame he gets such limited mins. Not sure if it’s lack of fitness or bench rotation but seems like the player every club needs.

Wakeman has some class. But has a few glaring errors. If you were to give someone a year extension in the halves it would definitely be him over Lewis which we stupidly did instead.

Tass was always touted as someone to look out for. Not sure if he is still going down that path.

And I may be labeled a fan boy. But I always liked cogger. He is the only kick, pass, run player in the squad. Foran is a great attacking threat with ball in hand, Lewis has a midfield bomb in him, Wakeman is still raw and developing. But the only genuine 7 we have (I can admit he isn’t a future kangaroo) is actually cogger. But I do realise that opinion is very controversial on here. I have no doubt he will be punted, but I’m sure he will get a spot on another team and do well. He can crack the line with a dummy, has decent acceleration/deceptive turn of speed while carrying the ball in 2 hands, has a decent controlling short kicking game. And can feed the ball to his outside backs. I just feel he has been in a bog average team with a one out game plan that doesn’t suit anyone let alone himself. Even thurston couldn’t help this squad at all. Let alone a half who has been in and out more then Ron Jeremy. Anyways. I’d be happy for the kid to move on and develop into a decent no frills half at another club. Reminds me a lot of Mitch Healey from the sharks from a few decades ago. I have always felt he never got a dozen games to settle into first grade. And even when he did last year that flop Lewis parachuted in at the end of the season to hair flick his way through post game interviews and take all the credit.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
For mine suaso sue seems like a keeper. Shame he gets such limited mins. Not sure if it’s lack of fitness or bench rotation but seems like the player every club needs.

Wakeman has some class. But has a few glaring errors. If you were to give someone a year extension in the halves it would definitely be him over Lewis which we stupidly did instead.

Tass was always touted as someone to look out for. Not sure if he is still going down that path.

And I may be labeled a fan boy. But I always liked cogger. He is the only kick, pass, run player in the squad. Foran is a great attacking threat with ball in hand, Lewis has a midfield bomb in him, Wakeman is still raw and developing. But the only genuine 7 we have (I can admit he isn’t a future kangaroo) is actually cogger. But I do realise that opinion is very controversial on here. I have no doubt he will be punted, but I’m sure he will get a spot on another team and do well. He can crack the line with a dummy, has decent acceleration/deceptive turn of speed while carrying the ball in 2 hands, has a decent controlling short kicking game. And can feed the ball to his outside backs. I just feel he has been in a bog average team with a one out game plan that doesn’t suit anyone let alone himself. Even thurston couldn’t help this squad at all. Let alone a half who has been in and out more then Ron Jeremy. Anyways. I’d be happy for the kid to move on and develop into a decent no frills half at another club. Reminds me a lot of Mitch Healey from the sharks from a few decades ago. I have always felt he never got a dozen games to settle into first grade. And even when he did last year that flop Lewis parachuted in at the end of the season to hair flick his way through post game interviews and take all the credit.
Sues shit

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Id punt the entire team.

When we played the roosters and compared team lists not one of our players would have made their team.

Spudowsky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The only player on that list that other clubs seem interested in is Adam Elliot, our club is too stupid to see that and low balled his offer. Wakeham and RFM have already re signed. Other clubs don't want the dregs that are left and nor should we

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sues shit
Not saying he is a gun or anything. And he is easily replaceable. But I just like his no nonsense way of playing. Run, hard, tackle hard, body on the line type of player.

More so then Napa who would easily be on double the money and game time yet does half as much.

I wouldn’t go out of my way to keep him. But he wouldn’t be the worst coming off the bench.

But I can agree with you that he isn’t an all star at all.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’d keep Cogger rather than Foran. Come at me :tearsofjoy:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Id punt the entire team.

When we played the roosters and compared team lists not one of our players would have made their team.
You are right about the roosters. But the problem with punting the whole team is you need to replace them and there's not a lot of great talent around.
A lot of our players are actually good but they aren't game changers. We need those marquees to lift them and be competitive. It's like asking Dion Ebrahim to do the Andy Flower role in 2001 Zimbabwe cricket.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be nice to see Foran and Wakeham be given a couple of seasons together to form a proper halves combination. Provided Foz accepts a more realistic contract of course. If he gets injured, Averillo can move into 5/8.

Judging by Elliott’s contract antics, is sounds as though he values himself too high for his limited abilities. He can go.

RFM is still a work in progress but is worth keeping, for the right price. A man named Sue may be worth hanging onto as a fringe player, would probably be cheaper than buying an equivalent.

Tass hasn’t been given a chance, so I can’t comment.

The others can go, maybe keep Cogger as a reggies half if he’d accept it.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sick of every one of them tbh. Clear the decks and get players that put pride in the jersey FFS!!!! Why pussy foot around. None of the players deserve to hold their place in the team or extend their contracts.

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep: RFM, Tolman
Lean Toward: Foran, Wakeman
Lean Against / Punt: Any player not working hard and/or doesn’t want to be there and/or negative for club culture. Apart from that, not our place to suggest someone should be out of a job.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Meaney
Thompson
Averillo

are definitely all keepers, the rest can go with board an coach .!!