Keep Assassin Smiling - Get Well Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You have heard of heart transplant recipients taking on characteristics of the donor, just imagine if @ASSASSIN's donor was a Newcastle Knights supporter.

Or the donor didn't swear or was a vegan. :o

Thinking of you Assassin, hope you have a speedy recovery & you are out of hospital soon.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hi guys, just a quick update on Eddie. Went and saw him today and just got back home not long ago. He's doing really well. Doctors and nurses are happy with him, his heart rate is good (99. Should be anywhere from 60-100) and his blood pressure was perfect a hundred and something over 75, forgot it but they said it was perfect.

He's still a bit groggy due to the anaesthetic but that's normal. He's tired but he honestly doesn't look like a guy who just had a heart transplant less than 24 hours ago.

He alert, awake most of the time and he's still Eddie. He asked my missus why the hell she married me. "he must have a metre long dick or he has a second account"...

I thank almighty God a million times he got his heart, surgery went well and he's doing well. God willing, he will keep this up.

I will post updates as I get them. He appreciates all the prayers and we'll wishes you guys give him. Means a lot to him and to me. Anyone with a brother knows the bond brothers have. It's very unique.

Anyhow, much love and respect to you all. Thank you.

-Andrew

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys, just a quick update on Eddie. Went and saw him today and just got back home not long ago. He's doing really well. Doctors and nurses are happy with him, his heart rate is good (99. Should be anywhere from 60-100) and his blood pressure was perfect a hundred and something over 75, forgot it but they said it was perfect.

He's still a bit groggy due to the anaesthetic but that's normal. He's tired but he honestly doesn't look like a guy who just had a heart transplant less than 24 hours ago.

He alert, awake most of the time and he's still Eddie. He asked my missus why the hell she married me. "he must have a metre long dick or he has a second account"...

I thank almighty God a million times he got his heart, surgery went well and he's doing well. God willing, he will keep this up.

I will post updates as I get them. He appreciates all the prayers and we'll wishes you guys give him. Means a lot to him and to me. Anyone with a brother knows the bond brothers have. It's very unique.

-Andrew
This is the best news I have heard in years. I don't know him all that well but I'm so happy for his wife, kids, family and friends. Wishing you all the best in recovery brother.

Reactions: K E

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

-Andrew
Awesomeness!

Reactions: K E

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

-Andrew

Thank you for the update Andrew. I am oh so happy for Eddie but also for you and your whole family.

Having had the pleasure of many conversations with Dropbear he always pointed out to me that no matter how tough things got for him it was his family that had to be his rock and give him strength to continue to fight against the odds. You and yours have been Ed's rock; you have kept him strong and grounded and given him the will to battle on. I hope that you guys have many, many, more happy and fulfilling years together.

He will no doubt be going through many conflicting emotions, probably the main one being that to give him this chance, someone ( and their family) have paid the ultimate price. Understandable too I guess in the circumstances;they say that God works in mysterious ways and that may be so, but I reckon that he has a plan for Ed; I have said that to him in the past and I find no reason to think otherwise.

Give him an extra big hug from me and the girls and let him know that Mamma will be expecting to see him and that beautiful family of his at the footy once he is back on his feet.A marvellous start to the year for you all, heck for US all.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Heck they have already stolen one of the best titles

BRAVEHEART!!!!
Funnily enough I watched that this week..first half Tuesday..second half the day mighty Assassin got his new heart..freaky!!!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Heck they have already stolen one of the best titles

BRAVEHEART!!!!
And I just read a tweet that said this 'Overheard at Bikini Bar: "You may take away our drink, but......." #williamwallace #BondiHeart' I'm in the Twilight Zone!!!!!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

-Andrew
Good to hear mate. We all knew he'd get through it with flying colours. The guy is made of steel. Friggin unbreakable.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
thanks for the great news update on Eddie's health KE

i get goose bumps thinking about a heart which was in the body of a person since the day he/she was born. That heart grew with that person and kept pumping blood in that persons arteries and veins non stop through out his/her entire life, then that person suddenly loses his/her life and that heart stops pumping for the first time since it was "made" in a mother's womb. That heart could have ended up with that body in the ground or cremated along with the body, but this heart is given another opportunity , another body and a new life and at the same time that heart has given life to a another body.

The donor person may have died in the eyes of the world but he lives through Eddie now. Such a beautiful thing, let this sink in for a moment and enjoy the goose bumps even in this warm / humid weather.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I reckon that donor families and donor recipients should be allow to disclose identities, IF both parties agree as such.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
thanks for the great news update on Eddie's health KE

i get goose bumps thinking about a heart which was in the body of a person since the day he/she was born. That heart grew with that person and kept pumping blood in that persons arteries and veins non stop through out his/her entire life, then that person suddenly loses his/her life and that heart stops pumping for the first time since it was "made" in a mother's womb. That heart could have ended up with that body in the ground or cremated along with the body, but this heart is given another opportunity , another body and a new life and at the same time that heart has given life to a another body.

The donor person may have died in the eyes of the world but he lives through Eddie now. Such a beautiful thing, let this sink in for a moment and enjoy the goose bumps even in this warm / humid weather.
That's beautiful zee.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Amazing news.
Why do I feel an overwhelming sense of pride ? I did nothing ??
Can't wait to hear from you again @ASSASSIN
Love ya, brother.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's beautiful zee.
Egyptians thought heart was the source of human wisdom rather than the brain , as well as emotion, memory, personality and soul.

I wonder if Assassin is going to get some attributes of the donor person.

what if the donor was a homosexual.... watch out boys!

Status
Not open for further replies.