Keary/Teddy are off contract end of 2021

Banned
Reaction score
Totally agree and I just can't get why anyone would be against us signing a gamebreaker (someone who can create something from nothing) in any position even if we have to pay overs (which any club would have to). It's not like we have many / ANY. Plus Mitchell has the "potential" to be an upgrade on the fullback spine position on top. Like you say there's no great halves around worth $1M so we might as well improve the positions we can when we can to the best of our ability. Even IF Keary becomes available on the open market for 2022 (highly unlikely Politis will let that happen) how much would we have to offer him and many on here will whinge he's not worth it because of his concussion history. I just don't know where some fans expect our points to come from
Fans want a gamebreaker just as mucha s I suspect the club does, yet the astute ones from both want one that buys into the club culture and is willing to do so for the right money.
Therein lies your problem, most are against paying overs which you're insisting we pay, and also are fed up with egotists, dickheads and money chasers, whereas you appear not to care if they've murdered someone, as long as they win games for us!

Ye lets just get Keary...when he was available before he signed with the rooster most people on the kennel didn't want to touch him...now he is everyone's cup of tea!
Not everyone.
He was then and still is a concussion risk.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Theres a host of very high quality players coming off contract in 12 months time. Heres a list of some:

Jesse Bromwich
Dale Finucane
Felise Kaufusi
Josh Addo-Carr
Bronson Xerri
Mitchell Pearce
Blake Ferguson
Ryan Matterson
Maika Sivo
Joshua Cook
Cameron Murray
Angus Crichton
Kyle Flanagan
Luke Keary
James Tedesco

I think maybe the doggies should be front ending some contracts for 2020/2021 and try to get 2-3 of these players for 2022
Who FRONT ends contracts, and why?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
One reason that I like is because you have to spend 95% of your cap so sometimes rather than buying a player for the sake of it you then have more money to spend the following years.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It will never happen but I just want RTS so bad. Would pay 1.5mil for that fucker to pull on the blue and white

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We could front load players like Jackson and Hopoate so we can get them cheaper for the following years. For example Jackson 900k 2020 600k 2021, 22. Instead of 700k flat. It's an alternative if there's no one to sign and we don't want to sign a player for the sake of it. It also gives us extra salary cap to work with in the following years.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It will never happen but I just want RTS so bad. Would pay 1.5mil for that fucker to pull on the blue and white
When he's off contract if we offered that he'd almost certainly come. I don't see us offering him that sort of money tho and there are better options for that money too (e.g. Tedesco).

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We could front load players like Jackson and Hopoate so we can get them cheaper for the following years. For example Jackson 900k 2020 600k 2021, 22. Instead of 700k flat. It's an alternative if there's no one to sign and we don't want to sign a player for the sake of it. It also gives us extra salary cap to work with in the following years.
Read my comment above, we just agreed!! :fearscream:

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Be good to get Dale back. Can't believe we kept Eastwood instead of him. Just LOL at that choice, well done Des.
How about this one.

We let go of Ennis for Lichaa, we keep Lichaa and let go of Cook.

Go figure that one out.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tedesco will not leave the roosters.

The only way he will leave if he turns into a dud and roosters will let him go.

Banned
Reaction score
How about this one.

We let go of Ennis for Lichaa, we keep Lichaa and let go of Cook.

Go figure that one out.
Every league devotee in the world are scratching their heads over that to date!

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here:
Why would we want teddy or keary they are overrated in a good team. Josh Reynolds coming home is a better headline. Convince me

Banned
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here:
Why would we want teddy or keary they are overrated in a good team. Josh Reynolds coming home is a better headline. Convince me
Grub is more broken than Foran!