News Keary set to take less to stay at the Roosters

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sadly was cut off by Tallis the dribbler. But pretty much says what we all have known for a while. Even down to the cash and the family stuff. Sad the game sweeps it under the carpet.
I was shocked that someone like Kent did it!! The media usually don’t say anything against the NRL head honchos

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So let me get this straight .. he’s achieved 3 premierships in his time he’s only getting better but still wants to stay on for less .. haha ok fucking lol Andrew Webster is such a cockhead They love to suck off the rorters

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keary is a very smart footballer. Play at a club for 200K less a season but win premierships , play Origin and test matches. That 200K will soon be made up in no time.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Keary set to take less...

That's because less stands for:

luke's
extra
secret
salary

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
$930k per year is still a good offer when you consider uncle Nick will give him a car all expenses paid plus a few other things on the side. Same with Teddy.
Two rounds of golf and she'll be sweet..

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Nothing to see here.. You have to laugh when the media don't even question why every Roosters player stays for less and don't at least put themselves on the market so they can squeeze more out of their current club.

Nor do they even consider the notion that these players could be getting illegal payments outside of the cap to make up the difference. Instead every article reads like a Politis press release where they praise the Roosters for their $17 million roster and their genius cap management.
Gag order from Politis who has nine and fox in his web. Check out the end of big league wrap when they mention SBW, might just be me but it seemed like Ennis didn't like it and bit his tongue / held back.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Keary is a very smart footballer. Play at a club for 200K less a season but win premierships , play Origin and test matches. That 200K will soon be made up in no time.
Sorry, didn't he win a premiership at Souths but he left for more money at the Roosters?

So why is he staying for less to win premierships now when sacrificing salary to build a contender meant fuck all to him at Souths when they were still a top four team?

You're right, the 200k will be made up in no time. Uncle Nick will make sure of that... He always honours his handshake agreements and secret payments.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, didn't he win a premiership at Souths but he left for more money at the Roosters?

So why is he staying for less to win premierships now when sacrificing salary to build a contender meant fuck all to him at Souths when they were still a top four team?

You're right, the 200k will be made up in no time. Uncle Nick will make sure of that... He always honours his handshake agreements and secret payments.
His last year at Souths in 2016 was poor and he fell out with that fuckwit Russell Crowe

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Surely the NRL will veto this contract as his market value is not being matched? Isn't that one of their contract rules now or doesn't apply to old uncle nicks team?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
His last year at Souths in 2016 was poor and he fell out with that fuckwit Russell Crowe
Still, he left for more money. It doesn't make sense why he and Tedesco wouldn't try and get as much as possible from the Roosters. Unless it was getting made up to them in other ways...

Sure these guys want to win comps, but to suggest that they're going to cost themselves at least 200-300k a season to do it is absurd.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Still, he left for more money. It doesn't make sense why he and Tedesco wouldn't try and get as much as possible from the Roosters. Unless it was getting made up to them in other ways...

Sure these guys want to win comps, but to suggest that they're going to cost themselves at least 200-300k a season to do it is absurd.
Keary will leave the rorters eventually, some lucky club will snap up his services, and I hope to fuck we do an get some good years out of him..!!

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
This shits beyond a joke now.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yeah, because Kesry wouldn’t play origin if he took his talents elsewhere. He’s already got 2 premierships with another on the way. Either he is getting more under the table or he is nowhere near as smart as you say he is.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's yet to play in an origin or test side though. But no doubt he's getting origin payments, but they're labelled untraceable origin.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Surely the NRL will veto this contract as his market value is not being matched? Isn't that one of their contract rules now or doesn't apply to old uncle nicks team?
They haven't denied a below market value contract yet unfortunately.

The thing that pisses me off most about the salary cap is that it's meant to disperse talent around the competition to give every team a shot at winning a premiership. But we have this kind of bullshit happening where players are supposedly playing for 270,000 less per season because they like being in stacked rosters. And I'm really fucking sick of seeing these articles pop up about Roosters players.

It's becoming quite clear that the only way to assemble a roster that is a viable premiership threat is to cheat the salary cap. And even then we've seen instances where the three time wooden spooners were caught cheating the cap. I'm too emotionally attached to this club to stop watching the game. But at times I really hope it dies through mismanagement and we get to see a new and less flawed competition start up.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They haven't denied a below market value contract yet unfortunately.

The thing that pisses me off most about the salary cap is that it's meant to disperse talent around the competition to give every team a shot at winning a premiership. But we have this kind of bullshit happening where players are supposedly playing for 270,000 less per season because they like being in stacked rosters. And I'm really fucking sick of seeing these articles pop up about Roosters players.

It's becoming quite clear that the only way to assemble a roster that is a viable premiership threat is to cheat the salary cap. And even then we've seen instances where the three time wooden spooners were caught cheating the cap. I'm too emotionally attached to this club to stop watching the game. But at times I really hope it dies through mismanagement and we get to see a new and less flawed competition start up.
You cheat the cap not much happens to you if caught unless the dogs. Eels and Sharks latest examples.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolute rubbish. He's getting an upgrade in off books payments.

This really shits almost all fans.

The salary caps sole purpose is to create an even playing field.

For all gallops downfalls, he stood tall on enforcing the cap. I'd go as far as saying maybe only cowboys in the last decade have won a comp being salary cap compliant.

Bondi shit ***** should have 3 titles that should all be wiped out, cocaine sharks should have theirs stripped to. Just like the storm and like we had all our points stripped.

It's no coincidence that all the roosters success has occurred post 2012 since gallop left. Took them 1 season!

Nrl and sadly vlandys seems partial to politis.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's yet to play in an origin or test side though. But no doubt he's getting origin payments, but they're labelled untraceable origin.
Few free cars, nice home in bondi and a few pre paid credit cards fully loaded should do him fine ;) who needs rep payments ;)

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So seeing as Keary is locked up and I'm sure they'll lock up Flanagan too, can we try and sign Sam Walker again?

He won't be seeing FG for the next five years and is too talented to not be playing. I have no idea why youngsters like him sign with clubs like the Roosters where they'll never get a run. Aside from money that is...