Kayo sports

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Had a decent play around with it. The quality is friggin' excellent. Streaming a live basketball game from the States and I can see the pores on their skin. On the Apple TV it's perfect.

Downsides I've notice so far:

- On Android there's a chromecast button but it's disabled

- On PC you can't make the stream full screen. There's a button for it but it currently doesn't work

- When streaming live games on two devices at the same time there was some issues. No buffering, the quality just lowered. But that's probably my internet connection

- Was originally streaming on android. Then stopped streaming on android and closed the app then started streaming on Apple TV. While streaming on Apple TV I tried to stream on PC but it said that I was already streaming to 2 devices (2 simultaneous device limit on base subscription). Fortunately I backed out and went straight back in and it worked fine

- It currently only works on PC/Mac via browser. Chromecast from PC/Mac browser only. Android and iOS streaming on the device only (no sending it to TV). And Apple TV (3rd generation or later). No support for gaming consoles

Keep in mind this is currently in beta and has only been released recently.
Have you tried the split screen function? They reckon you can stream 4 channels at once?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Have you tried the split screen function? They reckon you can stream 4 channels at once?
Yep. Had a play around with that. You can do two side by side, or 2 small one big, or 3 small one big, or 4 small screens, or small picture in large picture. It's pretty excellent. Whichever one you click on is the one audio comes from. Only works on PC and Tablet though. Not on Apple TV.

As a side note, between me posting that post above and now, they updated it so full screen works on PC now.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Kaaaayo kaaaaaayo
Daylight come and we wanna go home.

I can't see anyone having the old school foxtel boxes in 5 years time. The streaming services are getting better all the time.

I get a pretty good deal on Foxtel Now bundled with my Tesltra NBN, but its something i'd look at in the future for sure - lets face it, 90% of the reason why I have fuxtel is to watch sport.
Gotta admit I was really skeptical of the new Foxtel Go via Chrome.. but watching darts in HD the other night on 100/50 NBN was brilliant.