Kayo sports

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
This could potentially get a lot of foxtel subscribers to unsubscribe.

Especially all you sports mad fans who think sports are important like I used to!

It's a shame it isn't 15 years ago.
I would of loved something like this.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds good, I'd get it but they don't have every nfl game. Turn off for me.

I just, um, legally purchase NFL games and mirror it to my TV.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I signed up to the trial. Haven't given it a go yet. All the professional reviews are good but the reviews on the app stores say that the apps constantly crash, and the feeds are constantly buffering and low quality.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds good, I'd get it but they don't have every nfl game. Turn off for me.

I just, um, legally purchase NFL games and mirror it to my TV.
Apparently they have every game live but they don't have replays on the games.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't see anyone having the old school foxtel boxes in 5 years time. The streaming services are getting better all the time.

I get a pretty good deal on Foxtel Now bundled with my Tesltra NBN, but its something i'd look at in the future for sure - lets face it, 90% of the reason why I have fuxtel is to watch sport.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't see anyone having the old school foxtel boxes in 5 years time. The streaming services are getting better all the time.

I get a pretty good deal on Foxtel Now bundled with my Tesltra NBN, but its something i'd look at in the future for sure - lets face it, 90% of the reason why I have fuxtel is to watch sport.
I have Foxtel now streaming. It was complete rubbish for many years but now it's a lot better. Barely has any issues other than the price.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Foxtels model is fucked. You can’t choose which channels you want. You have to buy “packs” and invariably, the 4 channels you want are split between 4 different packs.
$100/month for tv is a fucken ridiculous proposition.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Foxtel is such a waste of money.
Fook paying top dollar for reruns and ads.

Ive noticed they getting desperate with all these sports channels.

I knew how desperate fox are getting when I heard they were/have added a cricket channel!

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Speaking of foxtel. Just got this ad.

Australia v Iran or Morocco or whatever the fuck. Yeah, can't wait....

Screenshot_20181123-162157_Chrome.jpg

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I remember the softcore shit they used to play. Softcore. That's like saying "here's a lobster. Oh, but there's no meat left. Just the shell".
Like the soft core from the old video stores, didn't stop me hiring the penetrator or Edward penis hands

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Foxtels model is fucked. You can’t choose which channels you want. You have to buy “packs” and invariably, the 4 channels you want are split between 4 different packs.
$100/month for tv is a fucken ridiculous proposition.
But if you're only looking at the sports, Foxtel will set you back less than $50 per month, less when bundled with nbn etc.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I am curious why fox are calling it kayo sports, it is unlike them not want their fox name all over it.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Had a decent play around with it. The quality is friggin' excellent. Streaming a live basketball game from the States and I can see the pores on their skin. On the Apple TV it's perfect.

Downsides I've notice so far:

- On Android there's a chromecast button but it's disabled

- On PC you can't make the stream full screen. There's a button for it but it currently doesn't work

- When streaming live games on two devices at the same time there was some issues. No buffering, the quality just lowered. But that's probably my internet connection

- Was originally streaming on android. Then stopped streaming on android and closed the app then started streaming on Apple TV. While streaming on Apple TV I tried to stream on PC but it said that I was already streaming to 2 devices (2 simultaneous device limit on base subscription). Fortunately I backed out and went straight back in and it worked fine

- It currently only works on PC/Mac via browser. Chromecast from PC/Mac browser only. Android and iOS streaming on the device only (no sending it to TV). And Apple TV (3rd generation or later). No support for gaming consoles

Keep in mind this is currently in beta and has only been released recently.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Screenshot_20181123-173549_Chrome.jpg

Live on this channel. Come home, put my phone on charge and mirror it to my TV.