KAUFUSI FOUND GUILTY - FOUR MATCH SUSPENSION

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I totally agree with you, the problem stems from the fact that players have become stronger more athletic at a faster rate than the body is able to absurb the impact of the body clashes, that why some have said that they find the junior and girls games more entertaining.
Thats why I believe that for any rembelence of the game is to survive, a completely new game would have to be developed.
One of the first thing they tell you at engineering school is that you have to see in your mind the finish product working, before you put pen to paper or these days (fingers to the key board).
Unfortunately their obviously is'nt to many people with engineering nouse involved in running the game.
There's a case for reverting back to the 5m rule like it was when League split off from Union. The game now relies mostly on big bodies and momentum. Having Goliath after Goliath running at each other with plenty of interchanges to guarantee they don't run out of puff will mean there's a lot more chances to have head knocks from start to finish.

In the end it's going to come down to profit though. If the leaders of the game don't think it'll make as much money, they'll leave it as is.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm going to say, that I don't rate this taking the early plea and get less v try to appeal and risk a bigger penalty.

You either allow players to appeal / have their say or you don't.

4 weeks is ridiculous for that.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Maximum of 2 in the tackle and refs call held AS SOON AS arms or forward progress stopped. They are too slow atm and allow dancing clinches and cannon ball type slowing down. There should not be any need for 3rd man in if refs called held in more timely manner.

Then there'd be no need for 6 agains as attackers will want to play the ball asap to gain some sort of advantage.

At least give it a trial in lower grades.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm going to say, that i don't rate this taking the early plea and get less v try to appear and risk a bigger penalty.

You either allow players to appeal / have their say or you don't.

4 weeks is ridiculous for that.
Yeah I don't get it either.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
And there it is, simple explanation and another reason why players choose the Chooks, they get preferential treatment at the Judiciary.

Always a Bulldog
Absolutely. JWH would have spent many, many months on the sideline over the years if he played for a club that wasn't an NRL golden child.

Coincidently the Roosters Fletcher Baker escapes suspension last night for shoulder contact to the head of Campbell Graham. Oh to be one of the teacher's pet clubs.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
While I don't believe it was worth 4 matches, I'm glad they're consistent in their rulings as they created a precedent when Luke Thompson copped a similar penalty for a similar incident a few years back.

If Kaufusi didn't get time the NRL match review committee would have lost all credibility.
Do they actually have some?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’ll be surprised if the game is still going by 2030. Not criticising the stance on heavy shots, it’s just the reality of the situation. Concussion/CTE etc, cannot be avoided in rugby league, without completely changing the game. Even this season we’ve already got mandatory 11 day rest after certain HIA results. Category 1? Wait until later in the season when teams need wins to make finals or to win finals. It’s going to rule out several crucial players, which in turn will weaken their teams and it will likely come down to who gets luckiest with avoiding these incidents, which determines who wins.
Nothing to do with luck, the teams with the best depth and who are best over the course of the season usually win.

Teams who prioritise development will have the edge.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NRLol one of the most ridiculous suspensions I have seen for some time
2021 Round 19 v Sharks. Luke Thompson around the 24-minute mark came out of the line to tackle Sharks player Blayke Brailey, only for Brailey to pass, Thompson braced himself at the last moment and hit the Sharks player late, but with little force as he was clearly pulling out of it at the point of contact, but unfortunately for Luke, he still made contact. Penalty Sharks, from in front, Luke cops 10 in the Bin and then receives a 2-match suspension, fights it, as most would, loses his appeal, then cops 3 weeks!

It was a disgraceful decision, but they created a precedent right there, so anything after that has to be a suspension.

Oh, by the way Blayke Brailey should've got an Oscar for that performance, after lying prone on the ground, when the ref stopped play to call out Thompson, Brailey miraculously got to his feet with seemingly nothing wrong with him as he was giving Thompson a gobful, while the trainer was with him.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Jay fuss reminds me of a cricketer. Really come into his own after 30.
Great but if talent Scoutinf by Wayne here. I nenenevkofived him like this before but looking back I’m not that surprised.