Opinion Karl Oloapu

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I see it a bit opposite to the rest of the kennelers. As a player, when my defence was good (as a 6), my attack came off the back of my confidence. When I was missing defensively, my confidence suffered and so too my attack. I'm not comparing myself to him, but I get the focus on his defense. I've seen his clips in attack in reggies. That will surely come. For now, I'm really happy with his starch defensively, esp against a much larger man in fifita

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was worried about his defense on debut. Not anymore. I believe he is capable of learning or improving defensively in first grade because of what he has shown so far.
Attack still looks green as but he seems to be contributing more with each game so thats all that can be asked. Hasnt had a bad game yet.

Hes playing 1st grade for lack of options but if he continues to improve each week like he is, who knows what he'll look like season end.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pretty scary to think he's only 18. We have to get his development right and stay patient.

I still think beat option is getting Hunt in for 2 years, and have him take KOs game to another level.

It's going to be hard for KO to develop without an experienced Half showing the way.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree. Defence was good, but we need to score points so I really want to see this attacking skills he has. Just saying maybe he he is not up to FG yet and should keep developing back in reserves for a while.
Fwd this to Ciraldo bro !! You’re spot on !!! Back to reserves you go Karl

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think he can develop a similar game to Dylan Brown, really needs to get the ball running and play a lot straighter. Though with size and strength I think that becomes a bit easier.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He did a fair
I see it a bit opposite to the rest of the kennelers. As a player, when my defence was good (as a 6), my attack came off the back of my confidence. When I was missing defensively, my confidence suffered and so too my attack. I'm not comparing myself to him, but I get the focus on his defense. I've seen his clips in attack in reggies. That will surely come. For now, I'm really happy with his starch defensively, esp against a much larger man in fifita
As a team we also need way more work on defence, hence I’m happy for Karl to learn on the job. As long as he’s not a liability (which he isn’t) there’s no reason not to pick him.

The team’s attack needs work too, but defence is more important currently.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was worried about his defense on debut. Not anymore. I believe he is capable of learning or improving defensively in first grade because of what he has shown so far.
Attack still looks green as but he seems to be contributing more with each game so thats all that can be asked. Hasnt had a bad game yet.

Hes playing 1st grade for lack of options but if he continues to improve each week like he is, who knows what he'll look like season end.
He’s going as good, probably even better than Katoa for Dolphins who is in a similar situation with age and inexperience.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
A lot of potential, will enjoy watching his experience grow, seems a good one as little as seen so far.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
KO Is building his game around his defence which was exceptional today.
A lot of work to do in attack but defence first.

Very impressive so far.
Best way hey for first grade. Opposition know they can't target him and get over the top of him. His attack will come.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A lot of potential, will enjoy watching his experience grow, seems a good one as little as seen so far.
Great step, maybe needs a little more speed, he needs to hook up with Xerri's contacts.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
First few games, he was just concentrating on his defence, with only putting in a kick if things went wrong. Yesterday I noticed that both Burton and him were in position for a kick but the Reed went right rather than left. Based on the stats KO 5 kicks for 176 M and Burton 10 kicks for 280.

I think that is the plan simply increase his responsibilities in the game as each game goes by. CC is not doing that to increase the chances of winning each game, it is for the future or KO's game and what he will bring for the bulldogs.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
First few games, he was just concentrating on his defence, with only putting in a kick if things went wrong. Yesterday I noticed that both Burton and him were in position for a kick but the Reed went right rather than left. Based on the stats KO 5 kicks for 176 M and Burton 10 kicks for 280.

I think that is the plan simply increase his responsibilities in the game as each game goes by. CC is not doing that to increase the chances of winning each game, it is for the future or KO's game and what he will bring for the bulldogs.
Has KO outperformed @Flanagun s total km for 2023 in 2 games?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Spot on, they have time and no doubt at all is playing to instruction.Will build and keep doing so gradually so far everyone should be happy as he looks super promising and not out of place at all imo, naturally on TK though that's never possible lol