Opinion Karl Oloapu

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There is no hype, he is just a solid young number 7 who is trying to crack 1st grade...
no there was hype around him
Last year but it’s slowed down after a crap World Cup.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
no there was hype around him
Last year but it’s slowed down after a crap World Cup.
Yeah i get ya.. In my opinion, Averillo or Alamoti is hype where this kid was looking good after playing cup and succeeding.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No source here … just pieces that I’ve read through socials …

Bronco’s promised KO a top 30 spot, when that promise was broken it was reported he was pissed off & wanted out, (the story of the sandwich & no management being there to advise him) on hearing this, apparently Wayne Bennett & the Dolphins came after him, so the Bronco’s because of their petty on going feud with Bennett came up with the $500k transfer fee to block him.

Things went quiet for a while and then out came the story of KO saying he’ll never play for the Bronco’s ever again … after saying that it was obvious his Bronco’s relationship was over .. So Gus swept in and from what I read about the $500k transfer fee, Gus and the Bronco’s ..

‘made a deal” …

Personally I don’t think we paid anywhere near $500k .. I think that fee was only there to stop Bennett from getting him ..

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Bronco’s promised KO a top 30 spot, when that promise was broken it was reported he was pissed off & wanted out, (the story of the sandwich & no management being there to advise him) on hearing this, apparently Wayne Bennett & the Dolphins came after him, so the Bronco’s because of their petty on going feud with Bennett came up with the $500k transfer fee to block him.

Things went quiet for a while and then out came the story of KO saying he’ll never play for the Bronco’s ever again … after saying that it was obvious his Bronco’s relationship was over .. So Gus swept in and from what I read about the $500k transfer fee, Gus and the Bronco’s ..

‘made a deal” …

Personally I don’t think we paid anywhere near $500k .. I think that fee was only there to stop Bennett from getting him ..
Agreed mate, the $500k fee might as well be called the ‘Bennett/Dolphins fee’. That $500k was definitely negotiable for anyone NOT named Wayne Bennett. The main thing is that whatever was paid, isn’t on the Cap so no harm in wrapping this kid up and hopefully we have struck gold.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

‘made a deal” …

put it this way, if we even considered 500k it would have to be the best and upcoming half e.g JT to be able to pay that. I don’t think a transfer fee of his status was even 100k… rugby league guru had a podcast weeks back saying that they have heard from people they know him well and said his the next big thing, he is a player to watch. Makes sense CC and Gus won’t rush him just to make us happy, rather build his confidence in our new systems CC has put. If he gets a shot to play first grade it’s because his ticking all the boxes. You all have to remember we are entering unknown territory with the way our club is going. The morale of the 1st grade team has to been paramount for us to chuck in a young pup to play such a high intensity game.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Personally I don’t think we paid anywhere near $500k
I don't think we paid a cent.
We "helped" with their "PR" problem (a potentially messy & protracted contract dispute with an unproven player that didn't want to be there), allowed them to save face by praising their "professionalism" and remaining silent on their BS "$500k" narrative while ticking the box of frustrating their new cross-town rival.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Joash Papali'i 2. Jayden Okunbor 3. Jeral Skelton 4. Braidon Burns 5. Blake Wilson 6. Karl Oloapu 7. Josh Reynolds 8. Kurtis Morrin 9. Ryan Gray 10. Billy Tsikrikas 11. Jackson Topine 12. Andrew Davey 13. Harrison Edwards 14. Khaled Rajab 15. Jack Stringer 16. Reece Hoffman 17. Zac Hetherington 19. Bailey Hayward

Yesss!!!
Karl is playing in Cup this weekend and its on Kayo/Fox on Saturday at 11:30am

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
1. Joash Papali'i 2. Jayden Okunbor 3. Jeral Skelton 4. Braidon Burns 5. Blake Wilson 6. Karl Oloapu 7. Josh Reynolds 8. Kurtis Morrin 9. Ryan Gray 10. Billy Tsikrikas 11. Jackson Topine 12. Andrew Davey 13. Harrison Edwards 14. Khaled Rajab 15. Jack Stringer 16. Reece Hoffman 17. Zac Hetherington 19. Bailey Hayward

Yesss!!!
Nice, will be a good watch. though I think it’s 12:40 kick off

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yesss!!!
Jeez Billy T is the only prop in the entire squad.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yesss!!!
I’m more keen for this than first grade. The side named to play NRL isn’t very exciting or promising. This cup team has heaps of potential guns though.

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m more keen for this than first grade. The side named to play NRL isn’t very exciting or promising. This cup team has heaps of potential guns though.
And you can also get excited to watch the 5 ex Bulldogs playing for Manly.