Opinion Karl Oloapu

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Sam Walker and Sua'ali'i did at the Roosters. Most teams have at least one 18-20 year old in their lineup each week. He was the Schoolboys captain and the club paid a transfer fee to get him. He's not some scrub. They signed him for a reason. And it wasn't to be Flanagan's backup for 4 years.

Burton at centre. Give it a rest.. You're embarrassing yourself.
@Flanagun talking like Ciraldo is going to pick players based on age.
I think you kids are missing the point, but I don't blame you. Much like Oloapu, you're both still wet behind (and maybe between) the ears.

I'm not saying he won't get picked because of his age. Walker debuted alongside an experienced half....and had some of the game's most experienced players around him in a winning team to help him find his way. The dogs side is a completely different proposition.... just look at our spine. We have a makeshift fullback, a very young five eighth who is probably best suited to centre....the only experience we have in our spine is Mahoney.... and you want to play two kids together in the halves. I'm glad you proles don't have a say in the running of our team lol

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I have a bad feeling the club will resign you and you'll stay cause u have no where else to go. As you said yourself.. we are in shambles
The club will re-sign me because I'm gonna bring the fireworks this year, baby! Boom!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He will def get a run at some point this year otherwise he would of been on a train a trial deal
Lol he left the Broncos because they didn't pick him in the top 30, and you think he would have signed a train and trial with us? Too funny!

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think you kids are missing the point, but I don't blame you. Much like Oloapu, you're both still wet behind (and maybe between) the ears.

I'm not saying he won't get picked because of his age. Walker debuted alongside an experienced half....and had some of the game's most experienced players around him in a winning team to help him find his way. The dogs side is a completely different proposition.... just look at our spine. We have a makeshift fullback, a very young five eighth who is probably best suited to centre....the only experience we have in our spine is Mahoney.... and you want to play two kids together in the halves. I'm glad you proles don't have a say in the running of our team lol
Ahh and don’t you worry. The entire kennel is happy you have no say on who’s in the team aswell.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Burton is 22 and has played 57 FG games. He's going into his 4th season of FG. He's played Origin, won a Grand Final and just played for Australia. That's plenty of experience

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Burton is 22. He's going into his second season of FG as a regular starting half. He's played Origin, won a Grand Final and just played for Australia as a centre, but is still learning his trade as a first grade half and could do without an 18 year old kid also learning his trade beside him.
Fixed for you, buddy

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Ahh and don’t you worry. The entire kennel is happy you have no say on who’s in the team aswell.
I have a good idea of what is going to happen with the team, though.... predicted the 'gun's return to first grade at the start of last season, and you all laughed. Guess who had the last laugh, baby!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fixed for you, buddy
Of course ideally he wouldn't have a teenager to partner him in the halves. But if he's good enough, he's old enough. Gus has said that countless times in the past and now in relation to Oloapu. Let's see how he goes.

They won't rush him, but they won't hold him back either if he proves he's ready. I'm excited to see how he and the whole squad look in the trials.

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have a good idea of what is going to happen with the team, though.... predicted the 'gun's return to first grade at the start of last season, and you all laughed. Guess who had the last laugh, baby!
Good for you man, but pretty much everyone except Barrett knew Averillo wasn’t a halfback.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Good for you man, but pretty much everyone except Barrett knew Averillo wasn’t a halfback.
If you go back and re-read all the comments from early last year, the majority of people were adamant Avo would be our halfback for the season at very lkeast and that the 'gun wouldn't be sighted in first grade.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think by the time Oloapu plays FG, no one will care about missing out on Moses. He looks like the real deal. He's too good to be in Reserves for too long. We'll see him in FG at some stage later in the season..

His defence is impressive and he's a strong and explosive athlete, so he should handle the transition to FG better than other youngsters.
Against the Broncos in round 20 at Belmore!
Can you imagine that!!

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m going through the last few pages of this thread and all I see is replies to Flopagain… and I’m thinking, why are so many people entertaining this clown who I’ve had on ignore for ages. He’s worse than any troll yet you all respond to him?! Hmm ok…

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m going through the last few pages of this thread and all I see is replies to Flopagain… and I’m thinking, why are so many people entertaining this clown who I’ve had on ignore for ages. He’s worse than any troll yet you all respond to him?! Hmm ok…
Because his takes are so shit, it’s comical.