Opinion Karl Oloapu

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
From the limited views of Oloapu I can see him playing both sides of the ruck in the future. I can see him setting up trys for Burton and visa versa.
Kid has a swagger about him. Good attribute for a successful half in my view. Time will tell.
He looks like he has the confidence to match his talent. Just needs to put in the work. He can see an opportunity for a first grade spot and I hope he takes it and smashes it.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton not playing origin, Turbo and Latrell at centre. Luai at 6, Wighton/Hynes at 14
Agree Burton will only play origin if there is a big injury list. Latrell will be left centre. Luai will be the 6.

Burton might be in the squad but shouldn’t miss any games for us throughout origin.

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Agree Burton will only play origin if there is a big injury list. Latrell will be left centre. Luai will be the 6.

Burton might be in the squad but shouldn’t miss any games for us throughout origin.
Freddy was at our training session the other day. He lost last year and he lost against the worst Queensland side in history. Corey Allan at fullback ffs.
It wouldn’t shock to see him switch things up this year.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Burton will stay left (might even start playing both sides). Could easily wear #7 or stay with #6. Don't think it will change his role that much. Baa, Pollamounter, Shifty all played both. Burton is only going to get better.

Someone else will play right. Flanagan odds-on to start the season, but this kid is top30 so if he kills it early could easily be putting the pressure on Kyle for his spot.

Might see #6: Burton | #7 Flanagan to kick us off followed closely by a #7: Burton | #6: Oloapu (or Rajab, or next best...) combo a few rounds in
This is what I see happening around origin. Burton will be out, Oloapu and Flanagan will be our halves, Oloapu will put perform Flange in this period. Burton comes back, takes the 7 Jersey but stays on the left, Oloapu plays 6.
This is what I feel will happen, provided Flanagan doesn’t brain it early.
You guys are hilarious. The 'gun ain't losing his place to some high school kid. He's gonna make the 7 his for years to come, baby. In a year or two Olpoapu can play six and Burto can go back to centre where he belongs. Boom!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Burton not playing origin, Turbo and Latrell at centre. Luai at 6, Wighton/Hynes at 14
Turbo won't last three games before he tears or breaks something lol....centres will be Latrell and either Burto or Crichton, baby!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think by the time Oloapu plays FG, no one will care about missing out on Moses. He looks like the real deal. He's too good to be in Reserves for too long. We'll see him in FG at some stage later in the season..

His defence is impressive and he's a strong and explosive athlete, so he should handle the transition to FG better than other youngsters.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I think by the time Oloapu plays FG, no one will care about missing out on Moses. He looks like the real deal. He's too good to be in Reserves for too long. We'll see him in FG at some stage later in the season..

His defence is impressive and he's a strong and explosive athlete, so he should handle the transition to FG better than other youngsters.
No way he plays firsts this year lol......some of you live in lala land...deadset

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No way he plays firsts this year lol......some of you live in lala land...deadset
Relax.. It doesn't even have to be at the expense of your boyfriend. It could be if/when Burton plays Origin or if there's an injury. It's going to be one of Rajab, Oloapu and Heyward that is the next half in line.

It depends on how Oloapu plays in Reserves. I think he'll go well. I prefer to be optimistic about our players unlike some..

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You guys are hilarious. The 'gun ain't losing his place to some high school kid. He's gonna make the 7 his for years to come, baby. In a year or two Olpoapu can play six and Burto can go back to centre where he belongs. Boom!
He’s 18. Australian law dictates that’s he’s and adult.
I think Flano will improve this year. He’ll have more time thanks to Mahoney’s service and shouldn’t be as rushed as he has looked in the past. But I also think the writing is on the wall for him and he’ll be out the door at the end of the season.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Turvey was 19? when started with us in '75.
Baa was 18? when he played first F/G game with Wests in 1980.

(Think I'm correct lol)

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He’s 18. Australian law dictates that’s he’s and adult.
I think Flano will improve this year. He’ll have more time thanks to Mahoney’s service and shouldn’t be as rushed as he has looked in the past. But I also think the writing is on the wall for him and he’ll be out the door at the end of the season.
I didn't deny he was an adult, but very few players crack first grade at such a young age. Give the kid time and he will take Burto's 6 jersey and the latter can move back to centre where he plays his best footy.

New three year deal loading.

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Turvey was 19? when started with us in '75.
Baa was 18? when he played first F/G game with Wests in 1980.

(Think I'm correct lol)
Not to mention more recently, Suaili’i last year, Xerri a few years ago, who came out firing.

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I didn't deny he was an adult, but very few players crack first grade at such a young age. Give the kid time and he will take Burto's 6 jersey and the latter can move back to centre where he plays his best footy.

You stated that he was a kid.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Sam Walker and Sua'ali'i did at the Roosters. Most teams have at least one 18-20 year old in their lineup each week. He was the Schoolboys captain and the club paid a transfer fee to get him. He's not some scrub. They signed him for a reason. And it wasn't to be Flanagan's backup for 4 years.

Burton at centre. Give it a rest.. You're embarrassing yourself.

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sam Walker and Sua'ali'i did at the Roosters. Most teams have at least one 18-20 year old in their lineup each week. He was the Schoolboys captain and the club paid a transfer fee to get him. He's not some scrub. They signed him for a reason. And it wasn't to be Flanagan's backup for 4 years.

Burton at centre. Give it a rest.. You're embarrassing yourself.
@Flanagun talking like Ciraldo is going to pick players based on age.

sam snee

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He will def get a run at some point this year otherwise he would of been on a train a trial deal

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have a bad feeling the club will resign you and you'll stay cause u have no where else to go. As you said yourself.. we are in shambles

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Of course the spine would need to step up for KO and his game plan be simplified but our 7 operates like that now, except for Flanno's defence. KO looks the goods but f/g is a big step up. We might have a game changer so best of luck Karl. Looking forward to seeing him play for us.