Opinion Karl Oloapu

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My prediction - Oloapu's playing half unless Burto moves there, then he's playing 5/8. He might play elsewhere later but by next year he'll be one of our halves.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My prediction - Oloapu's playing half unless Burto moves there, then he's playing 5/8. He might play elsewhere later but by next year he'll be one of our halves.
Gus did confirm that KO will be in the 30, so I don’t think they’d waste a spot if they didn’t plan to play him this year, but can anyone really see Gus & CC putting an 18 year old kid that’s never played against men, in at half to run the team ?

To young, to green for that type of pressure.

Maybe they’ll work with him and have him ready for 6 while Burtons out for SOO, see how he goes and then as you say, maybe move Burton to 7 in 2024?

Will be interesting to see what their plans are for him, he has some huge wraps on him with most saying he looks a good 13.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the Bronco’s saw him as a future 13. He see’s himself as a 6.

Barring anything major happening. Flanagan will partner Burton to start the year. Most likely with Brown @ 14. I think swapping out Brown a month or two into the season on the bench will be Oloapu’s best chance to crack the NRL this season.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Oloapu's playing half unless Burto moves there
Burton will stay left (might even start playing both sides). Could easily wear #7 or stay with #6. Don't think it will change his role that much. Baa, Pollamounter, Shifty all played both. Burton is only going to get better.

Someone else will play right. Flanagan odds-on to start the season, but this kid is top30 so if he kills it early could easily be putting the pressure on Kyle for his spot.

Might see #6: Burton | #7 Flanagan to kick us off followed closely by a #7: Burton | #6: Oloapu (or Rajab, or next best...) combo a few rounds in

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Might see #6: Burton | #7 Flanagan to kick us off followed closely by a #7: Burton | #6: Oloapu (or Rajab, or next best...) combo a few rounds in
This is what I see happening around origin. Burton will be out, Oloapu and Flanagan will be our halves, Oloapu will put perform Flange in this period. Burton comes back, takes the 7 Jersey but stays on the left, Oloapu plays 6.
This is what I feel will happen, provided Flanagan doesn’t brain it early.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This is what I see happening around origin. Burton will be out, Oloapu and Flanagan will be our halves, Oloapu will put perform Flange in this period. Burton comes back, takes the 7 Jersey but stays on the left, Oloapu plays 6.
This is what I feel will happen, provided Flanagan doesn’t brain it early.
Burton not playing origin, Turbo and Latrell at centre. Luai at 6, Wighton/Hynes at 14

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hope this kid is the fucking goods. Be amazing if he is a quality half with burton. With critta and Mahoney have a soine

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
From the limited views of Oloapu I can see him playing both sides of the ruck in the future. I can see him setting up trys for Burton and visa versa.
Kid has a swagger about him. Good attribute for a successful half in my view. Time will tell.