Opinion Karl Oloapu

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Here’s my theory:

We now have a very good organizer in Mahoney. The game has gone stale with everyone trying to do better with the same basic model. There’s absolutely no reason you can’t have two running halves with good football brains either side of Mahoney controlling the structure. Run two young halves with a team full of strike power and they will build an empire. Both halves possess a strong short kicking game and passing/running. Burton has long kicks covered like a traditional halfback. Mahoney is also known for a few sneaky 40/20’s out of dummy half.

End result is a scarily fast paced team that can attack anywhere on the field. No reason this kid can’t make it into first grade later this year if we get good momentum. Gus obviously knows what he’s looking at!
Cronulla successfully play 2 running halves with Hynes and Moylan and Melbourne do the same with Hughes and Munster.

Always a Bulldog

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Here’s my theory:

We now have a very good organizer in Mahoney. The game has gone stale with everyone trying to do better with the same basic model. There’s absolutely no reason you can’t have two running halves with good football brains either side of Mahoney controlling the structure. Run two young halves with a team full of strike power and they will build an empire. Both halves possess a strong short kicking game and passing/running. Burton has long kicks covered like a traditional halfback. Mahoney is also known for a few sneaky 40/20’s out of dummy half.

End result is a scarily fast paced team that can attack anywhere on the field. No reason this kid can’t make it into first grade later this year if we get good momentum. Gus obviously knows what he’s looking at!
All preseason the words from Ciro have been about building our own identity, our own style. I think you might have hit the nail on the head with this theory. Burton may eventually wear 7. I mean, he was essentially the half that did everything last year anyway. Barking orders all over the park. I can see him becoming that half this year and honestly if he can drive the team and still be as dangerous as he is we don’t need the traditional organising 7. I’ve got a feeling this is Gus & Ciros plan. Everyone knows traditional game organisers are getting fewer and further between, so fuck it, we’ll play a game that doesn’t need one.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Perham
2. Kiraz
3. Burns
4. Alamoti
5. Addo-Carr
6. Burton
7. Oloapu
8. Thompson
9. Mahoney
10. King
11. Kikau
12. RFM
13. TPJ

14. Averillo
15. Sutton
16. Davey
17. Preston

18. Waddell
19. Clarke
20. Flanagan
21. Topine
22. Okonbur

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The kid seems to be a wanker, talented, but a wanker nevertheless.
I'm sure Gus, Ciraldo, and the rest of the squad will straighten him out...
Mate it looks like the broncos screwed him over totally. They are a basket case these days. The coach has no farkin idea.

He let Reece Walsh walk because he didn’t think he was a first grader. He is very lucky he got homesick.

They also let Sam Walker go because they thought he was too small.

Massive issues with that club.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dumb ***** on Twitter thinking the 500k transfer means shit to our cap or effects us in a massive way lmao. I’m calling it for now but we are definitely the most hated team in the comp right now going off how people are carrying on.
They’re all jealous and see we are the club on the rise and building something special
Most other teams are going in the opposite direction whilst we are on the up!!!!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Khaled will start the year at fullback in Reggie’s
Barring injuries offcourse

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting development.
I think this shows two things.

1. like I and a few others predicted, it is likely Burton will move back to his strong position, centre, to accomodate him as he is a 5/8. Not surprising to me but will be to some.

2. Khaled and his fans will be dirty. This has essentially pushed him out of the club. No doubt a lot of dogs fans will be filthy a young, Muslim player has been turfed.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about that young Iverson Matai? Didn’t he have big raps on him?