Opinion Karl Oloapu

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
A large grain of salt is required here.....

Broncos young gun Karl Oloapu has reportedly begun meeting with rival clubs, desperately looking to depart the Red Hill club.

The young gun signed a three-year deal with Brisbane in January and claimed he was given the guarantees of being in the top 30 squad, and also playing five-eighth.

The 18-year-old went as fair as saying “I will never play for Brisbane as long as I live” and according to WWOS, Oloapu is ready to walk out the door.

The Australian Schoolboys captain is reportedly refusing to train with the Broncos due to the promises not being met.

The Broncos are willing to let the rising star go, but will be seeking a transfer fee from any club willing to sign him.

Wayne Bennett’s Dolphins are reportedly interested in Oloapu’s services, while Bulldogs supremo Phil Gould also reportedly met with the young half.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
this is an old story isn’t it?
Nah it’s old the kid wants out. News he’s been granted permission to negotiate with a fee and us and dolphins linked.

Previously Brisbane said he’s contracted end of.

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A large grain of salt is required here.....

Broncos young gun Karl Oloapu has reportedly begun meeting with rival clubs, desperately looking to depart the Red Hill club.

The young gun signed a three-year deal with Brisbane in January and claimed he was given the guarantees of being in the top 30 squad, and also playing five-eighth.

The 18-year-old went as fair as saying “I will never play for Brisbane as long as I live” and according to WWOS, Oloapu is ready to walk out the door.

The Australian Schoolboys captain is reportedly refusing to train with the Broncos due to the promises not being met.

The Broncos are willing to let the rising star go, but will be seeking a transfer fee from any club willing to sign him.

Wayne Bennett’s Dolphins are reportedly interested in Oloapu’s services, while Bulldogs supremo Phil Gould also reportedly met with the young half.
Top 30 Guarantees to an 18 year old??
I think more likely he’s been told “no guarantees” and needs to earn his top 30 spot in 2-4 years time = tantrum ……..”I’m taking my boots & footy ball and leaving”.
I remember some boom kid called Karl Filiga or something, a few years ago. What happened to him…..

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This story has the fingerprints of Dirty Harry all over it...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Good on him if he was promised a top 30 spot (hearing also he was supposed to play in his preferred position five-eighth, probably more for reserve grade, and meet Walters). It was probably a verbal agreement and lesson learnt to get it in writing otherwise it doesn't really matter (still very shitty from the Broncs and understand why he's taking this stance).

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Surely Dolphins wrap him up right? Down the road, legendary coach, and dont even think they have 20 players so making the 30 would not be a problem :p

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
What is wrong and what will bring the Donkeys undone in retaining him or getting a transfer fee is that they told him he had to sign the contract there and then. No review by his lawyer, no talking it over with his agent or family, sign it right now or fark off. That's the bad faith tactic that will lead to termination of the contract.

Always a Bulldog