Opinion Karl Oloapu

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Info about Oloapu's background.... Seems like he's a Kiwi with Samoan heritage..

"There is less information about Oloapu in Wellington apart from him being a Randwick junior. Kini and Oloapu both appear in lovely Aotearoa primary school yarns...

Oloapu seems to have dabbled in Gold Coast Titans junior footy before appearing with Redcliffe Dolphins last year, then Norths Devils this year. Oloapu has been at Wavell State High School and this is another notable school in Queensland for Kiwi-NRL juniors, along with Marsden State High School and the Gold Coast schools (PBC/Keebra Park).

Playing in the halves and lock, Oloapu recently popped up in the news as Redcliffe are trying to snare him away from Broncos. Given that Redcliffe used to be a feeder club for Broncos, this is a bit niggly and Oloapu's shift from Redcliffe to Norths probably signalled his Broncos status.

Despite Oloapu appearing to move to Queensland and then being scouted by Broncos, the trend of Broncos embracing Kiwi-NRL talent continues."

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
@Nate DAWG
how is his name correctly pronounced....slowly and phonetically please for us challenged :grinning:

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Here’s my theory:

We now have a very good organizer in Mahoney. The game has gone stale with everyone trying to do better with the same basic model. There’s absolutely no reason you can’t have two running halves with good football brains either side of Mahoney controlling the structure. Run two young halves with a team full of strike power and they will build an empire. Both halves possess a strong short kicking game and passing/running. Burton has long kicks covered like a traditional halfback. Mahoney is also known for a few sneaky 40/20’s out of dummy half.

End result is a scarily fast paced team that can attack anywhere on the field. No reason this kid can’t make it into first grade later this year if we get good momentum. Gus obviously knows what he’s looking at!
I think you may be right! And I like!

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Info about Oloapu's background.... Seems like he's a Kiwi with Samoan heritage..

"There is less information about Oloapu in Wellington apart from him being a Randwick junior. Kini and Oloapu both appear in lovely Aotearoa primary school yarns...

Oloapu seems to have dabbled in Gold Coast Titans junior footy before appearing with Redcliffe Dolphins last year, then Norths Devils this year. Oloapu has been at Wavell State High School and this is another notable school in Queensland for Kiwi-NRL juniors, along with Marsden State High School and the Gold Coast schools (PBC/Keebra Park).

Playing in the halves and lock, Oloapu recently popped up in the news as Redcliffe are trying to snare him away from Broncos. Given that Redcliffe used to be a feeder club for Broncos, this is a bit niggly and Oloapu's shift from Redcliffe to Norths probably signalled his Broncos status.

Despite Oloapu appearing to move to Queensland and then being scouted by Broncos, the trend of Broncos embracing Kiwi-NRL talent continues."
CSI Oloapu wtf

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rajab 6 no doubt. Proven world cup performer. Oloapu is a fullback. Too much of a ball hog to be a good half.
I also thought that among all those highlights I only noticed him throw 3-4 passes. So potentially a ball hog, but can step both right and left. The few passes generally worked out though. And it's a highlights package of him, so it's possible we're mainly being shown his tries.

Whatever the case he's very elusive, can put on a hit defensively and he's in our system to mould now. If he doesn't kick on in the halves, his skillset could be handy in the centres or fullback too. The takeaway in this is that he's got traits that can slot into a few positions.

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The question here is does he fall into Onefour or 21district gang gang ?

Need to get my pre game playlist ready to pump to the stadium in my Audi.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Remember the next best player the Broncos said would be great & we signed. Ben Czislowski. Hope Karl is a heap better.