Kangaroos Excuse Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
What can we expect ?. I think these will be prominent ?.

- The Season is too long.
- The Tri Nations is too long.
- The Tri Nations scheduling is all wrong.
- There is too much football. (This is Bennett's favourite)
- The referee was to blame.

Here are a few of my own

- The Kiwis played as if it meant something.
- Wayne Bennett is passed his used by date.
- Trent Barrett should never play rep footy again.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
How about the coach having a say in the selections is a joke.
How about the fact Ryles and Civoneciva are fat, lethargic props who hardly work up enough enery to cart a ball forward let alone drive the kiwis back like they do to us.
How about Gower and Barrett being unable to command the ball and run set plays at a huge, slow kiwi defence.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
our coach was terrible....
other than that there is no excuses they should have worked as a team and played well but they didnt....

Bek

JC is my homeboy
Reaction score
we cant blame everthing on the coach... but some blame is to be thrown his way.

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
Bek said:
we cant blame everthing on the coach... but some blame is to be thrown his way.
I agree. I think the Kiwis played really well. They seemed to want it more.

The Aussies played like it was just another game of footy.

Well done to the Kiwis

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
i think in theend it will be good for the aussies to lose a tri nation final so next year they wont be so slack now they know they can be beaten in a final

fobsicle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excuses?? no need to sound offensive, but how about just realising you were outclassed on the day?

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
F R E S H H said:
Excuses?? no need to sound offensive, but how about just realising you were outclassed on the day?
I agree mate.

My first post and the thread was aimed as a bit of a dig at the team and Wayne Bennett as they will no doubt produce the excuses.

We were thrashed. The Kiwis were great. Well done.

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
F R E S H H said:
Im with ya there buddy :D

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No excuses!! When a team has as much errors as they did in that game, they won't and do not deserve to win!

By the way, you can't put the blame on jst one person i.e. the coach it is a cllective responsibility and all should be very disappointed.

roc-a-fella

Not impressed..
Reaction score
how bout we just place the blame the kiwis hehehehe...tri nations champions 2005...i like the sound of that ;)

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
This sure was a series that New Zealand has to remember, they set it all up perfectly with jones being able to see the birth of his son and then fly back to UK to play in the final.

Outstanding stuff for proving everyone wrong

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The kiwis were hungrier than the Aussies. They played very good. While I dont like the Aussies losing, I think its good for international footy that another team has taken the crown. I think Aussies will have to get used to losing more often too. Throw in Sonny Bill, Dene Haletau, and Benji Marshall into that team, and they'll be even harder to beat in the next few years.

IMO, Its Good to see competetive International Rugby League, where any of the three teams could've won.

Christabella

Reaction score
You have overlooked the best excuse ... 2005 has been a year of upsets as such the Kangaroos were expected to lose.
We lost the ashes but won the soccer.
The long suffering Swans and Tigers are the premiers after being over 100-1 to win at one stage this season.
Regardless of the way the teams played this is the reason I'm sticking with.

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
i pretty much agree with what panther power said a team that makes that many mistakes deserves to lose

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
It seemed to me that Australia expected to just turn up and win, while The Kiwi's played to win. That was the difference between the two sides. The Kiwi's did a fantastic job in defence and no-one (not even me as a staunch Aussie) can take away from their great performance. They absolutely outclassed us in every part of the game and the scoreboard told the tale.

Status
Not open for further replies.