Kane Elgey on the verge of signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As I said in the other thread, if at the right price he'd be handy, but he'd have to come cheap considering he hasn't been NRL standard since his ACL injury and his defence is worse than before which is scary.

The positives are that he has a lot of skill and good vision and would probably be our best half in that department in attack. He had a really good short kicking game. Hopefully if he signs he can kick start his career but compared to missing out on Jahrome Hughes, this feels like a horrible consolation prize.

Anyway, whatever... Like others have said, it's disappointing to be continually signing reserve graders from other bottom eight clubs who haven't shown much in first grade for a while. Hopefully Elgy and others take their chances and prove the doubters wrong. We'd all like nothing more. But it's hard to get too excited about such signings at this point.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As I said in the other thread, if at the right price he'd be handy, but he'd have to come cheap considering he hasn't been NRL standard since his ACL injury and his defence is worse than before which is scary.

The positives are that he has a lot of skill and good vision and would probably be our best half in that department in attack. He had a really good short kicking game. Hopefully if he signs he can kick start his career but compared to missing out on Jahrome Hughes, this feels like a horrible consolation prize.

Anyway, whatever... Like others have said, it's disappointing to be continually signing reserve graders from other bottom eight clubs who haven't shown much in first grade for a while. Hopefully Elgy and others take their chances and prove the doubters wrong. We'd all like nothing more. But it's hard to get too excited about such signings at this point.
I don't think the Roosters had a chance with Hughes tbh. No way Melb would let a young gun go.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't think the Roosters had a chance with Hughes tbh. No way Melb would let a young gun go.
The Roosters or us? Supposedly we were close to signing Hughes but he backed out and stayed with Melbourne. With good reason.. But getting him would have been a big boost for the club and he would have been just the player we need.

Whether we were a chance or not, he and the kids from Penrith and Brisbane are the types of guys we should be targeting.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Roosters or us? Supposedly we were close to signing Hughes but he backed out and stayed with Melbourne. With good reason.. But getting him would have been a big boost for the club and he would have been just the player we need.

Whether we were a chance or not, he and the kids from Penrith and Brisbane are the types of guys we should be targeting.
Hew was never leaving the storm... It was most likely a g up the whole time but your right we should be targeting these young guns IF those team mentioned are dumb enough to let them go. Not everyone is the bulldogs and cowboys.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
These "potential" halves signings suggests a few possible things to me,

1. Club is trying to medically retire Foran
2. Club doesn't think Foran will last long into season 2019
3. Club see's the future as maybe a 7. Elgey & 6. Lewis future with Cogger nipping at the heels of Elgey.
4. Frawley and Cleeland like NSW cup or leave

We will have a lot of second string halves that's for sure.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Did we ever even have a chance with Hughes, I only read “rumours”...

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cleeland and Frawley most likely leaving.

That means we have 5 play makers on the books next yr in Lewis, Coggar, Foran, Elgey and Wakeman. That is if Foran doesn't go bah bye. Either way its much better than what we got this yr.
I doubt we see Foran there next year,and to all the people doubting nick Meaney,he was one the knights best today

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I highly doubt it. We probably had as much of a chance at signing Hughes as the tigers or Titans winning the comp
We've been waiting longer for a Premiership than the Tigers have....
If you said Parra, then I would have accepted it....:tongueclosed:

Status
Not open for further replies.