Kalyn Ponga harbours desire to represent All Blacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't Judge too early......Barba came across as mostly humble in his early interviews and we all know how he turned out.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I get that players have ambition, and time in professional sport is limited. But I don't get why players come out publicly and decree they want to play for a rival code whilst being still being contracted by their current employer.

I think it's disrespectful to both the organization and the fans

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Good... let him go. Less headache for NSW come Origin time :D

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fuck I’m glad he’s not a bulldog.
What’s the point ? By the time you become contenders your most dangerous player leaves ?!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yeah, he sounds like a bit of a dickhead, tbh.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thank God we have Lewis :grinning:.... Ponga another $BW, ISRAEL FOLAU wannabe!!!

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
LOL Kid's honest and cops shit for it.

He doesn't owe the Knights or League anything, other than being loyal to his contract.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

He doesn't owe the Knights or League anything, other than being loyal to his contract.

to each their own.. I'd be pretty let down if I was a Knights fan knowing our best player has All Blacks on his mind.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
to each their own.. I'd be pretty let down if I was a Knights fan knowing our best player has All Blacks on his mind.
or a Kiwi fan knowing he chose Queensland over them, but will play for NZ in another code

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'd be pretty stoked as a Knights fan that I've got him playing at the club for his price tag for the next 5 years (Or however long it was).

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd be pretty stoked as a Knights fan that I've got him playing at the club for his price tag for the next 5 years (Or however long it was).

if he honors the contract

anyway like I said, to each their own.. if I was a Knights fan I'd be saying fuck off to Union then

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Let's be honest.. if you were an Aussie League player who grew up watching the Wallabies, that'd be a dream for you as well.

He grew up playing Union in NZ, and of course a dream would be to represent NZ in League or Union... it's the highest sporting honour in that country.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

Yeah, he's honest.....honestly a dickhead.... he deserves that label for coveting personal glory by aiming to represent different countries/ states in different codes. I know loyalty is on the wane, but to aspire to play for Queensland and Australia in one sport and New Zealand in another, solely based on the recent successes of those respective teams is a self serving move.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Let's be honest.. if you were an Aussie League player who grew up watching the Wallabies, that'd be a dream for you as well.

He grew up playing Union in NZ, and of course a dream would be to represent NZ in League or Union... it's the highest sporting honour in that country.
Only problem with that is he has declared his loyalty to Australia in league because he wants to play for fucking Queensland. Total douche move.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
exactly.. he represents Kalyn, not the jersey.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont think hes as good as some believe. The opposing teams have sorted him out and know what he going to do.
Hes become predictable.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dont think hes as good as some believe. The opposing teams have sorted him out and know what he going to do.
Hes become predictable.
yea.. Sharks showed the blueprint.. or in our case Lachie just sidelined him 8-)

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
whats with all this looking years ahead in contracts thing,its all over the nba

Status
Not open for further replies.