Justin Holbrook

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seamless transition -
Swap last years wooden spoon coach for this years wooden spoon coach.
In seriousness I think he can coach and showed as much last year , current issue is that they have made some bad recruitment decisions . Fafita for 1.2 million has killed their cap. Their spine is probably the worst in the comp this season and probably cost them the chance to keep Fogarty who is a much better halfback option than what they currently have.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
To be fair, there were a bunch of people getting triggered when we didn’t sign him initially and that was amplified when he had some early wins.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
In seriousness I think he can coach and showed as much last year , current issue is that they have made some bad recruitment decisions . Fafita for 1.2 million has killed their cap. Their spine is probably the worst in the comp this season and probably cost them the chance to keep Fogarty who is a much better halfback option than what they currently have.
I'm not sure that I understand this, how can paying 1 player $1.1m ($1.2m is overstating) have any effect on what they spent the other $8.5m on? In regards to their performance who they have spent the $8.5m is of far greater relevance than overpaying 1 single player. Which is not actually the case, they are actually overpaying a number of players.

Tino Fa'asuamaleaui is reportedly on $900k, but he gives better value for money. Foran will make a huge difference next year, they badly need his experience. The real issue for next year is they only have 4 vacant spots in their 30, which is horrid Cap management. With the average NRL player on a 3 year contact they should have around 10 players off contract each year. They look better for 2024 where they currently have 17 vacancies.

Always a Bulldog

Last edited:

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
One of the coach's jobs is to have someone experienced, you know like.. oh I don't know.. some guy named Fogarty would've been alright.
yeh they made a very poor decision letting fogerty go

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Holbrook is a good coach at club with no real identity. I think he’d be a good fit as head coach and a huge success.
I think he’s a decent coach and will do well elsewhere but not what we need at the moment. The Gold Coast and tigers are similar in that they kill coaches careers. Holbrook should have been smarter and not rushed into taking the first job available.

Gunnasmc

Waterboy
Reaction score
Bongo misses Lewis and wants Holbrook
That’s some good dakka bro

Last edited:

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Holbrook is a good coach at club with no real identity. I think he’d be a good fit as head coach and a huge success.

Agreed.

I think he’s a good coach.

People shouldn’t judge him on the Titans. The club is a graveyard.

We should have got him here earlier.

Might be too late now.

We are in a worse position, and unfortunately so is he.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Another of nasweeds burner accounts I assume.

No one with an iq bigger than their shoe size could be serious when suggesting we sign Holbrook