Justin Holbrook

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Also people need to look closer at Titans issues and realise Holbrook isn't the issue.

Sexton whilst young and inexperienced, he has forced the most line drop outs in the comp.

Brimson whilst a great talent, he really is quite a selfish player and always looks for his own opportunity instead of his outside men.

They have no decent options at hooker or five-eight... If they kept Fogarty they would still be in the same position imo.

Coach is doing all he can with a shit squad. Moving on Fifita and trying to balance their cap moving forward is the only way... Basically I believe Meninga is largely responsible as he headed recruitment and culture.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Also people need to look closer at Titans issues and realise Holbrook isn't the issue.

Sexton whilst young and inexperienced, he has forced the most line drop outs in the comp.

Brimson whilst a great talent, he really is quite a selfish player and always looks for his own opportunity instead of his outside men.

They have no decent options at hooker or five-eight... If they kept Fogarty they would still be in the same position imo.

Coach is doing all he can with a shit squad. Moving on Fifita and trying to balance their cap moving forward is the only way... Basically I believe Meninga is largely responsible as he headed recruitment and culture.
With that logic Baz was a good coach.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly think there's a few sides that are just cursed. The Titans despite often having some decent cattle just rarely seem to find form. The Warriors are another team in that boat.

So I think that Holbrook might actually have some coaching ability. Another part of me still thinks that the club has rocks in their heads for paying in excess of a million a season for a forward (if you choose to believe the rumours that he's on 1.25 mill a season.

Still don't really want to take a gamble on him though.
AS far as i'm concerned the Jury is still out on Holbrook, I agree that their spine is inexperienced, but one reason some clubs struggle which is often overlooked is team harmony, which is usually as a result of a player on big money not preforming

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Signing Fifita for $1.2 million a year would have to be the dumbest decision of all time. Foz was a bad signing for us but at least he is a key position player.
100%. For that money you want him topping stars every week and almost single handedly winning you games or turning games in your favour. He hasn’t been able to sustain the impact he was signed for

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
AS far as i'm concerned the Jury is still out on Holbrook, I agree that their spine is inexperienced, but one reason some clubs struggle which is often overlooked is team harmony, which is usually as a result of a player on big money not preforming
Titans management is garbage, remember when Henry had them firing yet they brought in Hayne against his wishes and everything fell to shit? They've basically just repeated the same mistake and more over and over again.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It
So what, don’t spend the $200 on, say, the 3rd string backrowers. There is no direct link between what is spent on a forward that has to come out of the budget for a spine player. There are 30 players on the roster, so if you spend $200 more on one player it’s not a big farkin deal, just save $20k each on the bottom 10, or $40k each on 5 etc, and you’ve got your $200k back.

It‘s a media beat up, makes a good headline, click bate, about a team‘s (insert name here) player getting $1m and farkin up their salary Cap. The fact is it takes far more than marginally overpaying one or 2 quality player to fark up a team‘s Cap. By far the biggest issue with most Caps is overpaying multiple players who are also underperforming and spine players feature most heavily on that list.

Always a Bulldog
It's been said time and time again that struggling clubs have to pay overs to get players, particularily maqure players, and they do it to attract other players to the club.
We've done it several times ourselves Thompson is just one example, I suppose we can take comfort on the fact that we not the only club who have had to do it

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why can nrlol, declare every team is allowed to operate like the roosters!
To do that you need an uncle Nick the backing of CH9 a few billionairs on the board, at every club, because there is only 3-4 clubs who could complete with the rotters. on that score.