Justin Hodges loves the canvas

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
one of the reasons I had time for Eric Grothe Jnr... when he and Hodges were together at the Roosters, Grothe told Hodges that he wouldn't put up with his sh*t... hence, when they later came together in Origin, Grothe just started swinging

from memory, Casey Maguire floored Hodges quite well in a game, too

Last edited:

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
one of the reasons I had time for Eric George Jnr... when he and Hodges were together at the Roosters, Grothe told Hodges that he wouldn't put up with his sh*t... hence, when they later came together in Origin, Grothe just started swinging

from memory, Casey Maguire floored Hodges quite well in a game, too
Here you go... Enjoy

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
after the 2002 GF, Justin Hodges phoned Anasta to thank him and the 'Dogs for the salary cap scandal

so, I have no real sympathy
Get the fuck outta here. That cocksucker actually called up Anasta and said that ? Can you give me more detail my friend

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get the fuck outta here. That cocksucker actually called up Anasta and said that ? Can you give me more detail my friend
a long time ago now and I don't remember from who I heard it but that was the story... Hodges contacted Anasta to taunt him about the Bulldogs being for all intents and purposes kicked out of the finals for salary cap breaches and the Roosters going on to win it

it is hard to gauge now what the 'Dogs fanbase think about Anasta but credit to him in this regard - he copped a lot of abuse during that time from being the public face of the salary cap scandal to crude taunts about his GFs to his almost annual selection by the players as the game's most overrated etc.

it was actually discussed when the Roosters club were recruiting him in 2005 the issues Anasta had with certain Roosters players but that the worst offenders (like Hodges) had left

think also about the fact that Fa'alogo got a standing ovation from the Rabbits fans after being sin binned for King hitting Anasta

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
a long time ago now and I don't remember from who I heard it but that was the story... Hodges contacted Anasta to taunt him about the Bulldogs being for all intents and purposes kicked out of the finals for salary cap breaches and the Roosters going on to win it

it is hard to gauge now what the 'Dogs fanbase think about Anasta but credit to him in this regard - he copped a lot of abuse during that time from being the public face of the salary cap scandal to crude taunts about his GFs to his almost annual selection by the players as the game's most overrated etc.

it was actually discussed when the Roosters club were recruiting him in 2005 the issues Anasta had with certain Roosters players but that the worst offenders (like Hodges) had left

think also about the fact that Fa'alogo got a standing ovation from the Rabbits fans after being sin binned for King hitting Anasta
Still think he's a massive scumbag if the stories about him and Sherwins wife are true.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He couldn't have been any worse then our former captain Steve Price trying to throw them LOLLLL #GlassJaw
Difference is Price was a great bloke & Dogs legend(despite being a qlder)...this boxing speed bump was just a lippy grub as others have pointed out! Soooooooo happy to hear he ate knuckles again!!

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So how much of a cat is Ben Cregh for running away from him hahaha
Such a disgrace! I couldn't believe he could do that in or to a blues jumper!! Shows the difference in character between him n Price. Price obviously had no place punching on out there but did anyway for love of his jumper....Cregh should have been pulled from the field at that point, told to leave his jumper on the sideline & sent to the stands never to return!!