News Just trying to create headlines’: Gallen unleashes on ASADA over timing of Xerri results

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
This shit **** just talks shit to stay relevant.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Bet ramien wishes he stayed at Newcastle now :tearsofjoy:
For him it's a bit of column A and bit of column B. There's no competition for his centre spot now with JMoz gone and Xerri looking rather unlikely for 4 years. Plus he got away from his toxic ex partner and her relatives.

Go Dogs

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The timing means absolutely nothing if the kid doesn’t take the roids there is no story and he still has a career,sad part is just the complete waste of a life and promising career of this young bloke and Gallen is just trying to keep himself relevant to the game by commenting on it.
Gallen is a piece of shit.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Samples are sent to a WADA accredited laboratory (ASADA don't so it themselves) and the normal turn around is 2 to 3 months, add in Xmas, holidays and the Virus and 6 months is not that outrageous. In order to detect steroids in urine they use gas liquid chromatography and mass spectrometer analysis and the machines are calibrated and certified to detect and quantify very low concentrated amounts. The testing itself is pretty quick, less than an hour, but there is always a queue to use the equipment, not just for athlete drug testing but all sorts of chemical analysis and forensics.

Go Dogs
I read somewhere when googling info ,that they have refined some tests to just 55 seconds depending on method but not sure if it is for the PED

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I read somewhere when googling info ,that they have refined some tests to just 55 seconds depending on method but not sure if it is for the PED
The tests are complex, multi level and require 2 vey expensive pieces of equipment, one for gas liquid chromatography and a mass spectrometer. The protocols and procedures to prevent contamination off the sample also slow the process down. Plus in this case they found multiple PED's, so the reporting demands go up exponentially.

Go Dogs

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The timing means absolutely nothing if the kid doesn’t take the roids there is no story and he still has a career,sad part is just the complete waste of a life and promising career of this young bloke and Gallen is just trying to keep himself relevant to the game by commenting on it.
Gallen is a piece of shit.
In some ways the timing is favourable for Xerri and Cronulla. Go back a month or so and this type of sensationalist NRL news would have been screaming headlines and news bulletins...now it's sharing news space with the re-commencement of the comp, rule changes and games. Another favourable bit of timing so Sharks can deflect.

Similar to Govt announcements made at 5pm on Fridays (Robodebt refund announcements for instance etc)....news can't be fully analysed and the circus moves on.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
In some ways the timing is favourable for Xerri and Cronulla. Go back a month or so and this type of sensationalist NRL news would have been screaming headlines and news bulletins...now it's sharing news space with the re-commencement of the comp, rule changes and games. Another favourable bit of timing so Sharks can deflect.

Similar to Govt announcements made at 5pm on Fridays (Robodebt refund announcements for instance etc)....news can't be fully analysed and the circus moves on.
Fucking Robodebt bullshit, those pricks owe me $2,000.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
AND interest! ;)
That would be nice :-) But I'm happy as long as i get my $2,000 back. Anyhow, someone is fighting it in court for me I got notified the other day. Bloody Government taking money under false pretenses, who would have thought.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That would be nice :-) But I'm happy as long as i get my $2,000 back. Anyhow, someone is fighting it in court for me I got notified the other day. Bloody Government taking money under false pretenses, who would have thought.
You will be getting interest.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/eco...s/news-story/a6293263d5227d13844686bcf469b166

The huge refund of cash will also involve paying interest to thousands of Australians who were forced to repay debts before joining a class action against the Commonwealth.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I reckon because the season was suspended, ASADA sat on the results to guarantee maximum impact.
ASADA don't give a fuck who the person is or what sport they are from.

ASADA are not waiting until the NRL etc say they are coming back & decide that's when we release the results.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
You will be getting interest.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/eco...s/news-story/a6293263d5227d13844686bcf469b166

The huge refund of cash will also involve paying interest to thousands of Australians who were forced to repay debts before joining a class action against the Commonwealth.
Interesting. This is the first I've heard of this Robodebt thing. The bastards slugged me with a $6000 debt notice a few years ago when they overestimated my income (I hadn't filled in my tax refund for a few years). Will be looking into it, don't trust the fact that they are saying "if we owe you money we will contact you". That sounds suss.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting. This is the first I've heard of this Robodebt thing. The bastards slugged me with a $6000 debt notice a few years ago when they overestimated my income (I hadn't filled in my tax refund for a few years). Will be looking into it, don't trust the fact that they are saying "if we owe you money we will contact you". That sounds suss.
They hit me up for $2k because they reckon that i hadn't declared the right amount of money I had made even though I proved them wrong they still hit me with the debt. I was hounded by centrelink and then debt collectors as I refused to pay it knowing it was wrong. I eventually got the shits and paid it after non stop harassment from the debt collectors.

I was notified by a lawyers office in Melbourne that are taking class action against the Government to get all money owed back to the people. I know it's only $2k, but it's my $2k fair and square that was taken from a falsified debt.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
They hit me up for $2k because they reckon that i hadn't declared the right amount of money I had made even though I proved them wrong they still hit me with the debt. I was hounded by centrelink and then debt collectors as I refused to pay it knowing it was wrong. I eventually got the shits and paid it after non stop harassment from the debt collectors.

I was notified by a lawyers office in Melbourne that are taking class action against the Government to get all money owed back to the people. I know it's only $2k, but it's my $2k fair and square that was taken from a falsified debt.
Bloody oath, it's your money, $2000 is nothing to be sneezed at.
Mine was because they miscalculated my income when working out the Family Tax Benefit, they got me for 6 grand. I paid it, didn't know whether it was correct or not (still don't). I will be looking into it for sure now.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bloody oath, it's your money, $2000 is nothing to be sneezed at.
Mine was because they miscalculated my income when working out the Family Tax Benefit, they got me for 6 grand. I paid it, didn't know whether it was correct or not (still don't). I will be looking into it for sure now.
Yeah for sure mate definitely do that. When they hit me up for my "debt" it was from 3 years earlier. Long story short, I was on a carers pension as I was looking after my terminally ill mother then when she passed they put me on the dole so I was on that for a very short time til I picked up my job. I stayed on the dole partly as my job to begin with was only part time, before eventually becoming fulltime and stopped the dole all together. In between that first year is when this "debt" took place, that never really existed to begin with now.