News Just trying to create headlines’: Gallen unleashes on ASADA over timing of Xerri results

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Well if his B sample comes back positive and tarnishes the NRL, my question to Gallen would be who out of Xerri and ASADA has caused more damage to the game?

Gallen is just deflecting where the real problem is and that is purely on Xerri for cheating his way to be an elite athlete. Or maybe the sharks for having a culture of drug cheats in the past.
Completely agree, Gallen is desperately deflecting away from the real story here. The fact is a tailored for NRL cocktail of PED’s was detected in a sample taken from Xerri, that’s the only thing that matters. It’s not one PED that he could have accidentally taken, it’s a near perfect mix of multiple PED’s if one was designing it for an NRL player. Noting that the B sample still has to be tested if Xerri demands it. This is a long way from Peptides consumption, like comparing a Mini to a Mac track.

I also find the November test failure interesting, it’s also amazingly good timing. Take the drugs in the off season to build up for the serious training. Then get off them before the season starts so if you do get tested you’ll be clean. That’s no accident either, it’s text book drug cheating.

As for the testing time taken, being 6 months, does it really matter? It commonly takes 2 to 3 months for a sample to get to the head of the queue and maybe the drug testing labs were a bit busy with some virus for the last 3 months. Who cares, as long as it’s a valid and accurate test, it takes as long as it takes, just catch the cheats that’s what’s important.

Go Dogs

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Xerri is to blame here but why did ASADA wait until 6 months to break this news?

As a side note, the journalist @Darciemcd is one of our clubs fans - at 'em Darce :grinning:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Re timing: ASADA is there to do a job. They owe the Sharks and the NRL nothing

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
As much as his head makes me want to slap an iron mask on him and throw away the key, the timing doesn’t help Rugby League as a sport. Finally getting the game back on the paddock then this a couple days before. Hmmmmm
Do that many people really care when a “scandal” breaks now? There’s been that many it’s kind of normal. It stays in the news for a couple of days and everyone forgets about it.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do that many people really care when a “scandal” breaks now? There’s been that many it’s kind of normal. It stays in the news for a couple of days and everyone forgets about it.
I can see where you’re coming from.

But sponsors don’t forget, and that’s one stakeholder we need in the game in this age

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can see where you’re coming from.

But sponsors don’t forget, and that’s one stakeholder we need in the game in this age
Yeah sponsors are a bit different but even they have learnt to take advantage of it now too. If they dump a team they get huge exposure and look like angels for doing it.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I don't know what took them so long, but it's funny because it happened to the sharks.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe they were investigating him, tracking him, to see who else if any are on the same programme...who knows
Xerri is to blame here but why did ASADA wait until 6 months to break this news?

As a side note, the journalist @Darciemcd is one of our clubs fans - at 'em Darce :grinning:

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m with Gallen on this.
There’s no excuse for what Xerri’s done and he’ll pay the price for it. But the test was taken 6 months ago. Can anyone explain that delay?
I reckon because the season was suspended, ASADA sat on the results to guarantee maximum impact.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m with Gallen on this.
There’s no excuse for what Xerri’s done and he’ll pay the price for it. But the test was taken 6 months ago. Can anyone explain that delay?
I reckon because the season was suspended, ASADA sat on the results to guarantee maximum impact.
I saw tweet from Richard Ings who used be a big wig at ASADA and he blamed the bushfires and COVID. It sounds pretty sus to me.

I have to admit though I don't know the normal turn around time on a test especially with the amount of chemicals Xerri had in his system.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I saw tweet from Richard Ings who used be a big wig at ASADA and he blamed the bushfires and COVID. It sounds pretty sus to me.
I have to admit though I don't know the normal turn around time on a test especially with the amount of chemicals Xerri had in his system.
Samples are sent to a WADA accredited laboratory (ASADA don't so it themselves) and the normal turn around is 2 to 3 months, add in Xmas, holidays and the Virus and 6 months is not that outrageous. In order to detect steroids in urine they use gas liquid chromatography and mass spectrometer analysis and the machines are calibrated and certified to detect and quantify very low concentrated amounts. The testing itself is pretty quick, less than an hour, but there is always a queue to use the equipment, not just for athlete drug testing but all sorts of chemical analysis and forensics.

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samples are sent to a WADA accredited laboratory (ASADA don't so it themselves) and the normal turn around is 2 to 3 months, add in Xmas, holidays and the Virus and 6 months is not that outrageous. In order to detect steroids in urine they use gas liquid chromatography and mass spectrometer analysis and the machines are calibrated and certified to detect and quantify very low concentrated amounts. The testing itself is pretty quick, less than an hour, but there is always a queue to use the equipment, not just for athlete drug testing but all sorts of chemical analysis and forensics.

Go Dogs
Thanks I guess the labs would have been back logged up with Corona pathology too. When you take that into account it does make sense for the hold up.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m with Gallen on this.
LOL. as if ASADA give a shit about the impact of busting a rugby league player. The scientist whose job it would be to release the info probably wouldn't have even herd of Xerri.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
As for the testing time taken, being 6 months, does it really matter? It commonly takes 2 to 3 months for a sample to get to the head of the queue and maybe the drug testing labs were a bit busy with some virus for the last 3 months. Who cares, as long as it’s a valid and accurate test, it takes as long as it takes, just catch the cheats that’s what’s important.

Go Dogs
This. Why is it even an issue as to when the information is released? It could be the morning of the grand final for all I care. Xerri's a cheat, and so is his Club.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gallen what a joker, deflecting from the use of peptides and steroids.

Who is the Sharks super star now? Moylan or Johnson bahaha