Opinion Just cancel the season and hand Roosters the title!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For sure. Think it would need more than 2 or 3 clubs though. You would reckon there would be at least 6 or 7 clubs who would be keen if the money was there to back it. Look at the last decade, there has been a few clubs who might have fluked a winning season for whatever reason, but there have been way more clubs who have been perennially shit.
THANKS MATE YOU ARE A REAL THINKER.
My plan would be to start a new comp in a small way outside the NRL with no fan fare, perhaps a few rule changes which are easy to think up and implement, ( the NRL is continually making rule changes itself).
Clubs can be manufactured, so no need for any current NRL clubs to break away in the short term. One of the problems with the NRL is that the marriage between the two groups was a marriage made in hell, and clubs have managed to position themselves the best they could.
A new and different comp would be a lot easier to run, it would not have the baggage that the NRL has inherited, and for that reason I'm sure it would be more appealing to many fans.
The Roosters have managed to gain the premium spot and they only care about themselves and virtually to hell with the others and in doing so they are doing a lot of harm to the game.
With networks always looking for sports content. (RL and most other sports would be dead and buried without TV money). I don't see the deed for a lot of money upfront.
My plan would be very different to the attempted SL takeover. the reason it cost Murdoch a lot of money was because he wanted to pick the eyes out of the ARL (and destroy it) then own the game all by himself.
Your the type of bloke I would like to meet one day.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
6 bucks currently on NZ TAB got 100 on it
My mate, a panthers fan bout five weeks back. Looked at there draw. It’s very favourable here to the finals, jumped on them for minor premiership. Got $9, laid $100. He’s looking good too.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Thought the NRL would deny contracts that aren't the players correct value, surely that SBW value is wrong af lmao?

SBW is still more fit than any one at our club and many other clubs, he will be okay lol

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the NRL auditor agrees with the Roosters estimation that SBW market value is only 400k?

Pro rata to how many games he plays it works out at 150k

Coincidentally that’s the money they have left in this years cap

The WWE script has nothing on the NRL
So is this confirmed as true, that is, that rorters apparently have $400K left in their $32,975,000 'cap' for this month, and that buffer just happens to be the same market value of as sbw? What a spectacular line up of numbers.

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I dare say that before this weeks comments by Vlandys that he would move heaven and earth to get SBW to the Roosters, most NRL fans thought he was doing a great job overall. As soon as those words came out of his mouth the curtain came up and the fans saw him for what he is......another Politis stooge. Its absolutely amazing what they are able to get away with...and no one in the media says boo. In fact reporters like Rothfield actively help them to rort the system. He was the one who wrote an article a few weeks back about how the Roosters had big money to spend under the cap. you just knew at that point that he had received orders from Nick to write that piece because he was planning on signing a big name to make up for injuries to Verrils and Radley. Sorry...but I really struggle to convey how much I despise that cesspit of a club and their dodgy Greek CEO. Hope SBW snaps his achilles as he runs onto the field for his first game.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hang on hang on wait till we get one more win and the bronchokes Go last place then it can be cancelled

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why am I feeling this politis stunt is pushing the boundaries once too many times.
This could end up sour for him and SBW.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So the NRL auditor agrees with the Roosters estimation that SBW market value is only 400k?

Pro rata to how many games he plays it works out at 150k

Coincidentally that’s the money they have left in this years cap

V’Landy then states on the record the NRL will do everything they can to get Sonny to the Roosters

What complete BS and blatant bias towards a fkn team that needs no help

If V’Landy really wanted to help then why not send SBW to the Warriors that are crying out for players? Instead he gift wraps him to the two time consecutive cheating rorting chumps

The WWE script has nothing on the NRL
The best post icon gets over used on the kennel

But this is an exception

Awesome post, I completely agree.

Fuck I hate the roosters

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dare say that before this weeks comments by Vlandys that he would move heaven and earth to get SBW to the Roosters, most NRL fans thought he was doing a great job overall. As soon as those words came out of his mouth the curtain came up and the fans saw him for what he is......another Politis stooge. Its absolutely amazing what they are able to get away with...and no one in the media says boo. In fact reporters like Rothfield actively help them to rort the system. He was the one who wrote an article a few weeks back about how the Roosters had big money to spend under the cap. you just knew at that point that he had received orders from Nick to write that piece because he was planning on signing a big name to make up for injuries to Verrils and Radley. Sorry...but I really struggle to convey how much I despise that cesspit of a club and their dodgy Greek CEO. Hope SBW snaps his achilles as he runs onto the field for his first game.
Anyone can see that Politis is setting things up to ensure that the rotters will be able to control the game long into the future.
The control he has over Ch9 with Gyngel on both boards did not happen by accident, it was planed and executed by Politis himself, with his people in those positions he has power over the NRL.
What's the bet that Valandys will in the future be the chair person of the rotters.
A new breakaway league is the only way our and a few other clubs will have a future.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyone can see that Politis is setting things up to ensure that the rotters will be able to control the game long into the future.
The control he has over Ch9 with Gyngel on both boards did not happen by accident, it was planed and executed by Politis himself, with his people in those positions he has power over the NRL.
What's the bet that Valandys will in the future be the chair person of the rotters.
A new breakaway league is the only way our and a few other clubs will have a future.
Interesting segment on footy with Gus and Gal (vocal as always) on the panel

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"just cancel the season and hand the Roosters the title"

Yeah I'm down for that, save me stressing for the rest of the year.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
SBW isn't that good anymore.
It's not that bro, it's the point. The NRL is bending the rules to allow him to have 2 contracts. That is not allowed. Imagine what would happened if we tried to do that.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It's not that bro, it's the point. The NRL is bending the rules to allow him to have 2 contracts. That is not allowed. Imagine what would happened if we tried to do that.
I honestly don't give a fuck. A team should be able to pay as much as they want to their players.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
"just cancel the season and hand the Roosters the title"

Yeah I'm down for that, save me stressing for the rest of the year.
Don't worry, if C Smith doesn't announce his retirement, then the nrlol will give you your hattrick. If he does retire, they will hand it to the Storm.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I honestly don't give a fuck. A team should be able to pay as much as they want to their players.
A team is allowed to. Namely the Roosters.

I'd rather have no salary cap than one that is a farce.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope SBW gets fucking destroyed the six again rule will fatigue him quickly Fukn POS
How will that be a problem, the Chooks only receive 6 agains they never have them ruled against them. Gives him even more time to recover.

Go Dogs