Opinion Just cancel the season and hand Roosters the title!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So the NRL auditor agrees with the Roosters estimation that SBW market value is only 400k?

Pro rata to how many games he plays it works out at 150k

Coincidentally that’s the money they have left in this years cap

V’Landy then states on the record the NRL will do everything they can to get Sonny to the Roosters

What complete BS and blatant bias towards a fkn team that needs no help

If V’Landy really wanted to help then why not send SBW to the Warriors that are crying out for players? Instead he gift wraps him to the two time consecutive cheating rorting chumps

The WWE script has nothing on the NRL

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Agreed value is all bullshit. As if that team has everyone playing on a fair market value, most of them would probably make 25%+ at any other club. How massive is the leeway? The system is designed to keep the same successful teams continually successful.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Agreed value is all bullshit. As if that team has everyone playing on a fair market value, most of them would probably make 25%+ at any other club. How massive is the leeway? The system is designed to keep the same successful teams continually successful.
The system definitely seems designed to work that way.
Once clubs that have been struggling for years/decades start becoming insolvent then the NRL will end up with a comp of 4 or 5 teams.
A breakaway league would be a great thing for the sport in the coming years IMO, get a bit of fairness back, where every team on its merits has a legitimate opportunity to win the title. Unlike now.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
SBW isn't that good anymore.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So the NRL auditor agrees with the Roosters estimation that SBW market value is only 400k?

V’Landy then states on the record the NRL will do everything they can to get Sonny to the Roosters

If V’Landy really wanted to help then why not send SBW to the Warriors that are crying out for players? Instead he gift wraps him to the two time consecutive cheating rorting chumps

Its an absolute farce. I said this myself in another thread, the only team that should have the chance to pick him up is the warriors.
Boohoo, poor rorters have a few injuries, so does every other team. If theres one team in the comp that 100% does not need a hand out, its the rorters!!
It doesnt seem to matter who is in charge of the NRL, the same bullshit bias continues. Im so sick of this trend.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the roosters junior nursery (the other 15 clubs) was enough... but also it isn't

Last edited:

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So he is work 5m a year in the superleague And over 90% less in the NRL...ok

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The system definitely seems designed to work that way.
Once clubs that have been struggling for years/decades start becoming insolvent then the NRL will end up with a comp of 4 or 5 teams.
A breakaway league would be a great thing for the sport in the coming years IMO, get a bit of fairness back, where every team on its merits has a legitimate opportunity to win the title. Unlike now.
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU MATE, the rotters virtually control not only Ch9 but also influence News LTD, and the NRL, hence they can do anything they want. I told one of our very vocal fans during the SL war to look out for Politis he laughed saying that he was only a car salesman. Politis has not only managed to control the game but has set up the infrastructure which will ensure that the rotters will have control of the game for many years to come. what is worse is that they hate our club with a passion and want it destroyed.
A new breakaway league even on a small scale could operate and be successful, and deliver a bloody nose to the NRL, Ch9 and all their pets.
I have done much homework and written a lot of pages on the NRL and their management of the game, I would love nothing more than to show them that they don't have a monopoly on brains. I believe that if only 2 or 3 clubs got together they would make it work.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU MATE, the rotters virtually control not only Ch9 but also influence News LTD, and the NRL, hence they can do anything they want. I told one of our very vocal fans during the SL war to look out for Politis he laughed saying that he was only a car salesman. Politis has not only managed to control the game but has set up the infrastructure which will ensure that the rotters will have control of the game for many years to come. what is worse is that they hate our club with a passion and want it destroyed.
A new breakaway league even on a small scale could operate and be successful, and deliver a bloody nose to the NRL, Ch9 and all their pets.
I have done much homework and written a lot of pages on the NRL and their management of the game, I would love nothing more than to show them that they don't have a monopoly on brains. I believe that if only 2 or 3 clubs got together they would make it work.
For sure. Think it would need more than 2 or 3 clubs though. You would reckon there would be at least 6 or 7 clubs who would be keen if the money was there to back it. Look at the last decade, there has been a few clubs who might have fluked a winning season for whatever reason, but there have been way more clubs who have been perennially shit.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Nah fuck that hand em deez nuts!

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Usually I’d care, but whatever that stops the Eels winning.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
SBW isn't that good anymore.
I reckon it doesn't matter how much of a force he is on the field, the moment he joins a team in the NRL, any team, he will immeadiately be the biggest name in the NRL. He could do Tolman stats each game and he'd still be worth far more because of who he is. Aubusson, who was there when he was last with the Chooks, says some of the stuff the club does to this day is because of SBW spending some time with them. His mentality and preparation are second to none.

It is a rort. As we've seen before SBW is in it for him, if he wanted to give back to the game that launched him he'd join a struggling team he hasn't been at before and help them become better and more competitive, that would be better for the game.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I reckon it doesn't matter how much of a force he is on the field, the moment he joins a team in the NRL, any team, he will immeadiately be the biggest name in the NRL. He could do Tolman stats each game and he'd still be worth far more because of who he is. Aubusson, who was there when he was last with the Chooks, says some of the stuff the club does to this day is because of SBW spending some time with them. His mentality and preparation are second to none.

It is a rort. As we've seen before SBW is in it for him, if he wanted to give back to the game that launched him he'd join a struggling team he hasn't been at before and help them become better and more competitive, that would be better for the game.
Agree
If he went back to us or the Warriors ( a side struggling for numbers) then I would have thought differently but he’s still a money hungry selfish prick

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hand Keary the title.. this guy is my new FAVOURITE all time player in the NRL, and we need to move ocean and earth to sign him, get him in the blue an white. and offer him the richest contract ever.. we need a Million dollar star player, and he is it.!!