Just a thought

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many want to see Flanagan gone, its obvious that he is a waste of presious cap money. I'd be very supprised if any NRL club would want him for love or money, but how about talking him up and try to swap him with a half playing in the SL. The slower pace of the SL should suit him better and it might even help his developement.
(1) Sezer most likely we would have to pay some freight but it would be a hugh upgrade.
(2) Cogger, might sound silly but is a genuine Half and should complement Burton better than any current player we have.
(3) Others.

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
the players most likely going elliot 85 percent then thompson jackson is a chance flanagan has to go allan most likely is going and cotric is a chance and there is more players

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Cogger wasn't good. I'd rather keep Lewis at that point (who's currently our best halfback at the club).

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Cogger wasn't good. I'd rather keep Lewis at that point (who's currently our best halfback at the club).
fuk me lewis best half back you cant be fuking serious. you want a half back who cant control a game, hasnt won a game this year, has zero line break assits all year? fukn great.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lachlan Lewis partnering Burton, doesn't sound too bad. They could form a formidable combo. One thing i love about Lewis is that he gives 100% every time he plays
Burton is essentially Lewis

if Lewis was talented.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
fuk me lewis best half back you cant be fuking serious. you want a half back who cant control a game, hasnt won a game this year, has zero line break assits all year? fukn great.
He's the best halfback at the club and that's a fact. It makes no sense signing Cogger when he's a lot worse than Lewis. I'd still go with Burton and Averillo for next year but like I said before Lewis is the best halfback at the club so I wouldn't mind keeping him as back-up (need to offload Flanagan and probably Wakeham too).

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He's the best halfback at the club and that's a fact. It makes no sense signing Cogger when he's a lot worse than Lewis. I'd still go with Burton and Averillo for next year but like I said before Lewis is the best halfback at the club so I wouldn't mind keeping him as back-up.
lewis offers nothing bar a pop gun kick on the last tackle.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
What are you arguing with? He's the best halfback at the club and he's better than Cogger.
lewis has play 4 games for a reason this year, he is fucking hopeless. He offers fuk all bar a kick on the last. Never runs the football, he has zero line breaks assists the whole fucking season.
Averillo shits all over him and at this stage of Averillo's career that doesnt say much. Cogger? i never mentioned cogger, but he is my mates nephew so id take him over lewis also.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
lewis has play 4 games for a reason this year, he is fucking hopeless. He offers fuk all bar a kick on the last. Never runs the football, he has zero line breaks assists the whole fucking season.
Averillo shits all over him and at this stage of Averillo's career that doesnt say much. Cogger? i never mentioned cogger, but he is my mates nephew so id take him over lewis also.
Flanagan was brought in so we wouldn't see Lewis anymore but he did worse than Lewis and since Lewis is the odd one out off contract he hasn't been given game time (also some unfortunate HIA's in there too). Regardless what you think of Lewis he's put our other halfbacks to shame in his 4 appearances this year. It doesn't matter if you know someone related to Cogger, you need to put your bias aside. He isn't a NRL half and he's worse than Lewis (no offence). Now you can say all of our halfbacks are shit, but Lewis is the best of them all right now. Averillo is a better five-eighth but Lewis is a better halfback then him.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Flanagan was brought in so we wouldn't see Lewis anymore but he did worse than Lewis and since Lewis is the odd one out off contract he hasn't been given game time (also some unfortunate HIA's in there too). Regardless what you think of Lewis he's put our other halfbacks to shame in his 4 appearances this year. It doesn't matter if you know someone related to Cogger, you need to put your bias aside. He isn't a NRL half and he's worse than Lewis (no offence). Now you can say all of our halfbacks are shit, but Lewis is the best of them all right now. Averillo is a better five-eighth but Lewis is a better halfback then him.
cant agree with that, Averillo shits all over lewis. bar one kick last week he done fuck all, got lucky with the last kick when the game was over.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cogger went to England relatively young, its possible that he may have improved since leaving us. If we were to buy a half on decent coin I hope he dosent turn out worse than what we already had and let go as per usuall.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree,it really shouldn’t be to hard to stand out in a bad team,and averilo just hasn’t managed it,his kicking game is very one dimensional,defensively his terrible,if there is one thing that Lewis has is his defence,and effort always puts in,unlike the other options at our disposal.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewis sucks, sick of those bombs away kicks on the last, can’t mix it up etc, at least Avo tries a few diff kicks options, and has more tricks! even though very inexperienced.. BUT again, far better than Lewis, and has a lot more potential..!!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Many want to see Flanagan gone, its obvious that he is a waste of presious cap money. I'd be very supprised if any NRL club would want him for love or money, but how about talking him up and try to swap him with a half playing in the SL. The slower pace of the SL should suit him better and it might even help his developement.
(1) Sezer most likely we would have to pay some freight but it would be a hugh upgrade.
(2) Cogger, might sound silly but is a genuine Half and should complement Burton better than any current player we have.
(3) Others.
Always wondered why our coaches didn't see anything in Cogger. Seemed like the only half with a varied kicking and running game when he was with us and he barely got a chance to play in his last year with us. I wouldn't mind seeing him get a chance to direct our backline next year.

Sezer was always rocks and diamond type of player imo. Getting on at this point too.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Always wondered why our coaches didn't see anything in Cogger. Seemed like the only half with a varied kicking and running game when he was with us and he barely got a chance to play in his last year with us. I wouldn't mind seeing him get a chance to direct our backline next year.

Sezer was always rocks and diamond type of player imo. Getting on at this point too.
My take is that our club has LACKED A REAL GAME MANAGER MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE, I thought Cogger provided it better than any player we have had since, apart from (injured again part timer Foran) and it dosent appear that that we are able to sign anyone of note to fill that role unless Burton can fill the role, but I think that Cogger could complement Burton's game better than anyone we currently have.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
cant agree with that, Averillo shits all over lewis. bar one kick last week he done fuck all, got lucky with the last kick when the game was over.
I can't agree regarding Averillo. He has no passing game. His kicking game is shit. They're either not high enough or don't land in the right place for us to challenge for it. In his last game one of his kicks went 10 metres backwards. Yes Lewis doesn't have a running game, Averillo does but the problem is Averillo doesn't use it so it's basically useless. Averillo is pretty crap in defense also. I'm not in love with Lewis by any stretch. I would rather we got Johnson or Sezer but Averillo is a centre or winger - not a half. His only strengths are his step and speed so BACK. He's a finisher, not a creator. Flanagan is a mistake machine and Wakeham simply offers nothing. I'm still hoping BBO will come good but he seems a little gun shy now unfortunately in taking on the line himself.

We should shop Flanagan for whatever we can get. If it's a dollar over minimum wage then it's worth it. Shop Wakeham too. He shoud easily get 200K from another club. Then re-sign Lewis for 1 year on around 200K simply because he's a better back up than Flanagan and Wakeham and won't cost much (less than Flanagan and Wakeham). Whatever coin we're paying Flanagan and Wakeham at the moment is just money down the drain because they're useless. Flanagan will actually help lose us games rather than win them.

Lewis can tackle. His kicks offer more than our other options in attack plus his long kicking game helps us massively with field position. We have trouble making metres out of our own end then Averillo or Flanagan kick short on the 5th and by the 4th tackle the opposition are right on our tryline again. When Lewis kicks long (Ponga had to go backwards most times) the extra distance is like the opposition have 2 less tackles and they are 30 metres or more out from our line on the 5th tackle. Lewis' long kicks take heaps of pressure off our defensive line and as we've seen whenever a team gets close to our try line they usually score because our defense is shit. Lewis saves the odd try too. He did a good job on Ponga last week keeping him quiet.

Last edited: