Opinion Just a joke isnt it

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Watching that, its actually crazy the bias towards the Storm, sad that refs and the Nrl are mad scared of the Storm and Bellamy, NAS charge list without a ban is insane, same with the King gouge, I dont think it was worse than Waddells but theres certainly not 5 weeks between it, if waddell is 5 weeks, he should be getting 3 for sure

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Melbourne was formed in 1997 by News Ltd, which was listed as the owner up until a couple of years ago. It is now listed as being owned by three individuals who I have never heard of, and who have no on-line identity that I have been able to find. If I had to guess, it is still owned by News Ltd and the three faceless men are fronts.

Melbourne's success puts money into News Ltd's pocket and their failure takes money out of the same pocket. News Ltd also own the NRL, or enough of it to allow them to call the shots.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Storm are a phoney propped up club in AFL heartland.

As soon as they go through a bad run the crowds disappear NRLol will do everything to keep a club in AFL territory.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Melbourne was formed in 1997 by News Ltd, which was listed as the owner up until a couple of years ago. It is now listed as being owned by three individuals who I have never heard of, and who have no on-line identity that I have been able to find. If I had to guess, it is still owned by News Ltd and the three faceless men are fronts.

Melbourne's success puts money into News Ltd's pocket and their failure takes money out of the same pocket. News Ltd also own the NRL, or enough of it to allow them to call the shots.
I think you need to do some better research buddy. Matt Trip, who owns 50% of Melbourne, made Sportsbet #2 in Australia and then launched BetEasy before selling it recently. Bart Campbell, a Kiwi who owns 30%, is well known as the head of a succession of sports management companies and the Executive Chairman of TLA Worldwide https://tlaworldwide.com/talent/ you may recognise some of the people they manage. Gerry Ryan, who owns 20%, is the owner and founder of Jayco Australia (pretty sure you have heard of them), he also owns wineries, resorts, the theatre company Global Creatures, BikeExchange and My Local Group.

Always a Bulldog

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Storm are a phoney propped up club in AFL heartland.

As soon as they go through a bad run the crowds disappear NRLol will do everything to keep a club in AFL territory.
We’ve been waiting 25 years for that bad run though haha. They have the highest membership in the NRL and more than double ours

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
News Ltd also own the NRL, or enough of it to allow them to call the shots.
No, they don’t.
They divested when the ARLC was formed in 2012. News Ltd own 0% of the NRL. Wanna know why? Their little project called Super League flopped and cost them billions. As part of the peace agreement with the ARL to form the NRL, they had an ownership stake for a 15 year period. When that expired, they were out.