Junior Program

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Barrett is driving a junior program with a local school de la salle to send juniors to and fund the program similar to paddy’s at Blacktown and Penrith. It’s a great idea keeping local kids in the area and stop them being pinched. Also have dogs coaches run the program training coaching etc to help pathways. Also keeps kids being pinched to other areas and gives local and kids less fortunate bought into the program a opertunity in life. Similar to NFL junior programs. More great news

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Great idea.. but is there that much talent at De la Salle ? Not sure?

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ok well if it works out will be trained by dogs staff and a future power house like paddy’s at Blactown and Westfield

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So there are multiple schools in the areas and there only going to one school?

There are already hundreds of juniors who already play league in the area lined up to be in development teams

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So there are multiple schools in the areas and there only going to one school?

There are already hundreds of juniors who already play league in the area lined up to be in development teams
It is like the riff. They have lots schools with a couple kids going to. But majority of there hood kids go to paddy’s. And the took on and beet Westfield this year. It’s a step in the write direction if you ask me. Getting combinations and growth together playing style what dogs want. But I see you point there will always be a splattering of talent around.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Seems like a positive development. Won't be widely known, but will be really important to the people involved.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which school exactly do you know ?
De la banskstown or revesby
I'd be guessing Revesby seeing so many of their students played for St Christophers over the years.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd be guessing Revesby seeing so many of their students played for St Christophers over the years.
I cant understand how you have St christophers linked??

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
the dogs juniors have had a very poor strike rake in the last few years.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant understand how you have St christophers linked??
St Christophers (rugby leage club) is based in Panania, and the primary school (St Christophers) also happens to be a feeder school into De La Salle Revesby. While players from a number of neighboring schools also play for them, there tends to be a significant number who attend DLS.

St Christophers and St Johns have consistently been amongst the strongest clubs in our junior ranks and produced quite a few NRL players.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Im not sure if the juniour bulldogs are doing there own school programs but i have a mate whos son goes to one of the local schools in the area and his son was selected to join a six week league program. The program is administered by the NRL

So not sure if there are two diff programs or if this is the program barrett is working under

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
St Christophers (rugby leage club) is based in Panania, and the primary school (St Christophers) also happens to be a feeder school into De La Salle Revesby. While players from a number of neighboring schools also play for them, there tends to be a significant number who attend DLS.

St Christophers and St Johns have consistently been amongst the strongest clubs in our junior ranks and produced quite a few NRL players.
100% correct

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
St Christophers RL have their own grounds. Delaney Park at the end of River Road in Revesby opposite the national park and just down the hill from DLS Revesby also in Riiver Road.